Global warming Shmobal warming!!!! ARGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GB, scientists have just recently debunked the hat thing. They say whatever part of you is UNCOVERED loses heat the fastest. It just so happens most people don't wear hats thus...their heads. We were the nutty Canadians in Florida one year. Swimming in the pool while the locals wore sweaters. LOL.

No sign of warming yet. I've been told this weekend we will get above freezing. Yeah right! They told me that for the beginning of this week too. That was the day that the bottom hinge on my front door made a huge CRACK as we opened it because of the ice built up on it. (On the INSIDE)

You guys are so sweet to let me whine about this. Thanks.

Anyone else with unseasonable weather this year? Hot or cold?

Who else is having weird unseasonable weather this winter?

We haven't seen a decent snowfall in over four years; last year we had an accumulated total of LESS THAN AN INCH, and we haven't seen a blizzard (over tewnty inches) since 1996............ December's average temp. was in the high forties, with a low of 16 and a high of 61.........

We were the nutty Canadians in Florida one year. Swimming in the pool while the locals wore sweaters. LOL.

LOL that was us too. Every single local would stop and ask us if we were crazy. We thought they were insane wearing for wearing sweaters while it was in the 70's.

no Alix- The Pocono's get hit hard every winter, but that's a much higher elevation........ all we've had so far this year is rain, and some freezing rain. My Dad bought me a snow-blower for christmas ten years ago; I've used it a total of three times.....

Hmmmmm me likey that title! LOL. But man what about those nut jobs on the news doing their winter 'dips' into Lake Michigan or Erie or the Atlantic??? Geeeezzzzzzzzz!!

You mean our Polar Bear club? Yes, they are nut jobs but I believe that they have been turning those events into fundraising for charity. The last one was pretty funny, most people didn't go in beyond their knees, it was really cold.

LOL that was us too. Every single local would stop and ask us if we were crazy. We thought they were insane wearing for wearing sweaters while it was in the 70's.

Me too!!! I remember being by the pool in S. Fla when during one December when it was in the 50s. We sat in our coats and wanted to at least get some color on our faces.

My brother and I were in FL during a cold spell for them. We were determined to come home with a tan though. We were sitting by the pool tanning with our socks on.

GB, we figured they were nuts too. One guy walked past us saying, "Dude, we're gonna get serious frostbite" My jaw fell open. I was in capris and a sleeveless shirt at the time.

OK - this is how little is snows here.

I was talking to a delivery guy this morning...weather came up. He said it's cold, but, at least it's not raining. It's probably going to snow tonight. I said, really? Are we expecting any precipitation? He said "no" but if it get's down in the 20's it will probably snow.

:ermm:

OK - this is how little is snows here.

I was talking to a delivery guy this morning...weather came up. He said it's cold, but, at least it's not raining. It's probably going to snow tonight. I said, really? Are we expecting any precipitation? He said "no" but if it get's down in the 20's it will probably snow.

:ermm:

He must be delivering some good stuff!:LOL:

I have forbidden our family in Florida from ever complaining about how cold it is and how they are freezing. In fact, they are NEVER freezing. I was there for Christmas in 2007. We were deep frying a turkey by the pool in shorts on Christmas day.

Here is how I get through winter

Dec 21 - The start of winter - the shortest amount of daylight all year. To help with this I think that the days are getting longer. "it's comming"

February- Typically the coldest month - Pitchers and catchers report about Feb 14.- "It's getting closer"

Late February - Early march - Spring training - " They are gonna come north soom."

March - St Pattie's day

April - Easter and it's here.

Am I a baseball fan - no, but they play baseball in good weather.

I do like sinshine and I am glad to see the days get longer.

So, in retrospect, I am psyching myself out, but, it helps.

I read a long time ago about getting an inexpensive synthetic comforter and folding it inb half and putting a zipper in it on the long side. Put it on the couch, unzip, get in, zip up - Instant snuggly.

Here is wishing you all warm days sooner rather than ater.

AC

Charlie, it looks like some posts were removed that discussed global warming since that is not the topic of this thread (even though it is in the title).

With all due resspect, why call the thread what it's called. We have a thread about wether already just poat there how cold it is. Really ....

Charlie, if you read my first post I specifically stated what the thread was about. So...your post went with the others. Ya gotta read the intro post. Sorry my friend.

You mean our Polar Bear club? Yes, they are nut jobs but I believe that they have been turning those events into fundraising for charity. The last one was pretty funny, most people didn't go in beyond their knees, it was really cold.

Hey, and that was from a guy that never ever wears socks, no matter how cold it is and how deep the snow is. My therapist thinks it is because I have no feeling around my feet... but that tingling says otherwise LOL.

ahhhhh guys......those that love the winter/snow/cold/etc......can have all mine!
the older I get, the more I dislike (HATE) the winter
Aging is not for sissies!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom