Go RAYS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
OMG. My husband and I went to the Rays/Yankees game last night. We live a couple of hours away, so got home at 2:30 and up at 8. It was worth it. What a fun game to watch beginning with the 8th inning. I'm the Rays fan in the family, my hubs is a Yankee fan, but cheered for the Rays yesterday. My daughter and family are huge Red Sox fans and must be disappointed today. I tried to call her but she was not at home. Have to give Tampa Bay credit for coming so far with such a small budget for payroll, and they are in! Can't wait for tomorrows game in Texas.

Lyndalou

i'm amazed at all of the talk on sports radio and tv that the yankees threw the game just to screw boston. (there's no just about it. it's a legitimate pursuit... :cool:)

but really, the yanks were prepping for the playoffs. the game meant nothing to them. why not rest your starters if you have the chance? there's precedence in everyday baseball where a base is allowed to be stolen uncontested, or a good hitter is intentionally walked when it wouldn't matter if those players scored if your team had a large enough lead in the 9th. easing up on a team for the betterment of your own has a long history in baseball replete with recorded stats.

besides, boston had to lose it's own game to complete their collapse.

the only thing is i hope the yanks haven't helped create a monster in tampa bay.

Sadly, I am a Red Sox fan and yesterday, while a fantastic baseball day, was depressing for me.

I have no issue with how the Yankees played.

Last time the Rays made the playoffs, they fizzled quickly. Could happen again. They may have expended all their energy and good luck to get this far.

Actually it started Thursday. The Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins raised their championship banner to the rafters and played the Flyers.

Andy M. said:
Actually it started Thursday. The Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins raised their championship banner to the rafters and played the Flyers.

I guess BT was thinking of the start for the Avs and the Wings tomorrow. :) It's a battle in my head every time they play. I grew up as a Wings fan, but I moved to Colorado at 18 years old and when the Avs moved here, I was a fan right away. My family in Michigan don't understand how I could like the Avalanche!

I might add for you hockey fans that my husband is from NJ. actually the only BIG hockey fan in the house is my son who was born here, so I guess that makes us Avalanche fans.

Back
Top Bottom