Going crazy right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
OK it's 1:00 am and I'm at work about 20 minutes ago my hubby called and told me my daughter put her trail blazer in the ditch swerving to miss a deer. She split her lip, but is otherwise ok. Just upset, crying hystarically(sp). and I can't be there to calm her down. Not to mention my husband is not the greatest at handleing this type of thing. Usually yells and tells you what you did wrong before anything else. I hate not being able to be there, but I'm the only one at work and there is nobody that could even cover for me. This totally stinks!!!!!!:(:(:(

Mikki,
I'm sorry, at least she is ok..I'm sure she knows her dad well enough to know he's gonna be upset..My dh and I were both at work at our pharmacy when my daughter call from a freeway to tell us her car had caught fire..We were both in shock, but he calmly go us in a car and we went and pick her up.Poor thing was afraid her dad would blow a gasket, but surprise he nearly started to cry when he got to her...You just never know..
kadesma

I hate deer.
I'm glad she's ok....I almost hit one on the freeway on my way to work last sunday. I always see them on the roads on the way to the highway, so I drive REALLY (probably overly) slow, but I never see them ON the freeway..... alive anyway.
Were you able to get her calmed down on the phone?

Suzi-I would get her calmed down then have to hang up for a guest, then when I called back she was bawling again. Hubby decided to take her to the ER for her lip, they put 3 stitches in it. Tooth almost went through it. I think it is harder for me, excepting the fact that this is the first time in 18 years that I haven't been able to be there for her.

I am so sorry to here about your daughter's accident.
Thank God she is just shaken.
It's hard for some men to feel they don't have control over things, and react the way your hubby does because of that feeling. And the less they feel in control, the more they react, unfortunately.
But things will calm down. I'm sure of it.

Just know, last night was a huge full moon, and that is prime time for night deer movement. So be especially careful the next couple of nights.

Deer are always out in our neck of the woods, we've told her a thousand times to slow down a night, but that 18 year old attitude ( I KNOW MOM) always wins out. Hopefully she learned something. I'm heading home to check out the damage done to her trail blazer, then catch some sleep.

Deer are always out in our neck of the woods, we've told her a thousand times to slow down a night, but that 18 year old attitude ( I KNOW MOM) always wins out. Hopefully she learned something. I'm heading home to check out the damage done to her trail blazer, then catch some sleep.

true but going any slower might not help.. last year i was driving west and i saw a deer jump from the south so i stopped my car. the deer was scared and kept going and HIT my dang car. 3000$ worth of damage.

but yeah, i see your POV, if she would have been going 3MPH less, she maybe would not have had to swerve to miss the deer.

most important, cars are replaceable, people are not..

OK it's 1:00 am and I'm at work about 20 minutes ago my hubby called and told me my daughter put her trail blazer in the ditch swerving to miss a deer. She split her lip, but is otherwise ok. Just upset, crying hystarically(sp). and I can't be there to calm her down. Not to mention my husband is not the greatest at handleing this type of thing. Usually yells and tells you what you did wrong before anything else. I hate not being able to be there, but I'm the only one at work and there is nobody that could even cover for me. This totally stinks!!!!!!:(:(:(

Your dh sounds like mine!! He always seems hateful when someone gets hurt. It's because it scares him so much, that he can't handle the emotion, therefore, gets angry. A lot of men are like this because they weren't raised to show emotions like that or they aren't men:mad:
Dh is getting a little better, but, still has moments that I want to knock him in the head.
I'm glad that your daughter is okay!!

Just wanted to add, in case anyone doesn't know, that SWERVING is the worst thing to do if a deer runs in front of you, especially if you are running at high speed. Much better to hit the deer straight on than risk losing control and rolling your vehicle.

Sparrow- your right about the swerving. We've always told her not to swerve, but her reaction was to turn the wheel. Alls she kept saying was "you guys kept telling me not to swerve" Her 15 yr old sister said you should have just hit the deer, then we could have had back straps for dinner.
I know the most important thing is she's ok,but Trail Blazer is totaled, she bent the frame. Only had liability on it so I have no idea what we are going to do. She's only 18 and just started working a few weeks ago when she got home from college, so she has no money saved. We just bought a used van so we are strapped money wise also. She has to go back to school in 6 weeks and needs a car by then.

we actually have a deer crossing sign in our neck of the woods and we live in a suburban area.....of course some hot scootermate added a rednose to the deer but otherwise people do have a warning.........we should also have a duck crossing sign as well........Make Way for Ducklings.........

There are deer warning signs all over where we live. so many that you see them but dont really pay attention to them. It wouldn't have mattered for my daughter though she swerves for everything, my younger daughter said she swerved to miss a mouse the other day. I really hope she learned otherwise she going to be replacing alot of cars.

Thank goodness she isn't hurt worse. I hope your hubby surprises (both of) you and maintained his composure. I remember I had a mishap around that age and was certain my dad would come unglued (as he does), and he somehow managed not to kill me. I think when it's my turn, I will be in your shoes, worried sick and riddled with mom guilt at not being there to make sure my baby is A-ok. I am glad he took her to ER and got her patched up.

Well he didn't yell at her, just told her " I told you to slow down when your driving" He took it out more on me--got short and snippy when I was talking about different options with the car. And yes he did surprise me, he actually waited on her all day, made her lunch got her pain pills, drinks, etc. which he never does, it's us usually waiting on him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom