Going home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well, after the HUGE hassle of getting over to Italy, lol, I have decided to return to UK :rolleyes: . I do however want RDG and Urmaniac know they are not off the hook....DH is staying in Italy, at least for the time being, so I am going to have to bite my green tongue for a while and build up some air miles and will still be in Italy a lot!

We have been looking for alternative accommodation today and the whole nightmare of the hunt last summer/autumn for this has really been niggling at me. There are far more wonderful little places, great for a professional couple, but not so good with the cats and me knocking around getting bored! This way, we will find a little pad here, and I will look at getting back to work and probably getting on the property ladder, which has also been a bit of a concern for me.

Its not been an easy decision, but, reluctantly I am pretty sure it is the right one. I love Italy, I love the Italians, but I am missing work and the rest of my life, and with all the problems I feel it is time for me to go back and take stock.

Thank you all for having held my hand though the last few months, my DC friends have helped me hang on to the precious little sanity with which I was born-
....now I am going to start choosing a date and looking at preparing for the drive back through France!

Oh my... I would have never considered myself as a homebody, but after all maybe I am... I no longer work outside home, haven't done so since I came here and I don't miss a thing, I love loafing about at home!!:LOL:

I must say I am a bit sad for you, though, that you never got to fully enjoy Italy and all the wonderful things it has got to offer, you were even having a great start at the school...:( but you are right, you just had too much trouble, it is the fault of the landlord!!:bash:
And I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you having to live apart from Michael. I surely couldn't do that with Cris, even if he were to relocate to Sahara desert!!
Having said that, you are a true Brit girl, and England WAS indeed my favourite place in the world until I came to know Italy, so I can also kind of understand your decision at the same time.

I just have to offer my very best wishes to you, Michael and the moggies, and things will work out for the best for you all. And in any case, keep in touch!!

(((Hugs)))

Keep in touch? I am going to come to Roma and see you! You, my friend, have often been the unbrella in the rain to me! Keep in touch indeed!

Lulu I wish you the best. I'm sorry your introduction/stay in Italy was tarnished by your living situation. Very unfortunate, but I'm happy that you've picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and are starting all over again. Clearly you are not a "giver upper." Good for you.

Now, let me offer an observation. After reading all the posts on this thread previous to mine, I am touched by the closeness and affection that is shared by the members of DC. The simple exchanges in these few posts demonstrate what a quality site this is and I feel privileged to be a member.

Lulu, you always have us! Best of luck as you plan your move back. Like Licia said, you're up against tough challenges whether you stay or go. How long will DH be working in Italy? Best of luck to you, friend, and know we're all here for you when you need shoulders and hugs!:flowers:

lulu said:
Keep in touch? I am going to come to Roma and see you! You, my friend, have often been the unbrella in the rain to me! Keep in touch indeed!

img_392456_0_e61f9272c755fcf2947717e7f081ca26.gif
Woohoo!!

So you won't be a stranger to me, us, and Italy, and coming to Roma!! Maybe, just maybe, you will get to enjoy this country more as a visitor, I know for a fact that there are also places that I truly love visiting but if I were to live there, eerrrrm.... you know what I mean? Do come to Italy as often as you can!!;)

Thanks everybody! Red Kitty...you have a PM ;)

DH has about 18 months left on the current contract. He told his boss that we were thinking of me going back today, and the boss was lovely and says his wife will call me this week to see if they can change my mind, but thsat perhaps a long "holiday" at home was no bad thing. They are expats too (US) and his wife misses work too, but has a child, so does a lot in connection with that, and obviously his salary is literally 20 times or more than DH's, so they have NO house problems!......but, he has given DH a pay rise today! And says he will try and lean on the London offcie for a yes/no....he loves my DH and doesn't want to lose him but says he would rather he stayed in the firm in another city than be on another firm's team. So, its not bad news.

Oh lulu I'm sorry Italy didn't work out for you......shame on that landlord for raining on your parade. Sounds like you have wonderful things ahead of you though and it'll all come into place once you and DH are on the same soil. Please keep us posted and have a safe trip.

Cara Lulu, the NZ part of you will give you ALL the strength you need to be away from your man for a wee while. Kiwi girlz rock dontcha know!! lolol
It will be tough but Italy is only a hop, skip and jump from England. Just think! ' Ahhh, no pals, I cant meet you for a drink this Saturday, Im off to Milan for the weekend'. :) Yowser!!!!

I am sorry things have worked out this way, blink and it will be over soon. Besides, you wont have to hunt certain things down. And...and...and...

OK, Im trying to look for reasons to make it fine and dandy.:rolleyes:

Stay well and happy Lulu, and Im here if ya need a yap about sweet Kiwi stuff. Or anything! :)

Back
Top Bottom