Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to be at the cabin at LOW starting Wednesday until the end of the month. Everything is packed except food. I am so frigging excited. This is my first respite in 15 months that hasn't involved taking care of my brother's estate, etc. I don't know if I can stand the anticipation. I don't care if it rains the whole time I am there. And I don't care that most of the time I will be there by myself--I will spend a lot of time looking out at the water and knowing that my brother's ashes are there. He will be with me.

I am going to be at the cabin at LOW starting Wednesday until the end of the month. Everything is packed except food. I am so frigging excited. This is my first respite in 15 months that hasn't involved taking care of my brother's estate, etc. I don't know if I can stand the anticipation. I don't care if it rains the whole time I am there. And I don't care that most of the time I will be there by myself--I will spend a lot of time looking out at the water and knowing that my brother's ashes are there. He will be with me.
+1... Have a great, relaxing time... :)

Ross

A well deserved and earned rest. Shut the world out and enjoy your time alone. Best wish and hope you have nothing but happy thoughts.

Been away for a little while and catching up here. :)

Princess, so glad to hear Shrek came through surgery OK and is getting much needed rest, and that you've been enjoying your outdoor time.

RParrny, ditto! Glad to hear you are on the mend from your surgery.

CWS...enjoy your respite! Everyone needs a break at times.

I'm BAAAACK!
I was discharged this morning on post op day 3 which amazed everyone. I chose to use the medical marijuana post op for pain, which freaked everyone in the hospital out until they saw how great it worked. I used the vicoden at bedtime only and the combo worked out great...no dizziness during PT as with the vicoden. Other than some minor incisional pain I feel great.
PT will be here tomorrow at 9 am and I can already take a few steps without the walker! Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers!

Just remember, don't push yourself too hard. You have plenty of time to heal completely. Let your body do its work with only a minimum of help from you. Your job is to take it easy and rest.

I am glad though that everything went so well for you. You sound like me. Impatient to get on with living.

Just remember, don't push yourself too hard. You have plenty of time to heal completely. Let your body do its work with only a minimum of help from you. Your job is to take it easy and rest.

I am glad though that everything went so well for you. You sound like me. Impatient to get on with living.
Thanks, I've been working hard with PT and doing HBOT treatments everyday to speed healing. The Therapist discharged me yesterday saying he had never discharged a double hip so quickly in his entire career. He gave me the green light to go back to work on Monday.
Spoke to the bosses, they freaked out a bit and told me I could work Monday and Friday but spend the rest of the week home.
So I had my daughter take me to the local peach farm and I got enough peaches for some peach salsa and jam for canning...that should keep me busy...

Thanks, I've been working hard with PT and doing HBOT treatments everyday to speed healing. The Therapist discharged me yesterday saying he had never discharged a double hip so quickly in his entire career. He gave me the green light to go back to work on Monday.
Spoke to the bosses, they freaked out a bit and told me I could work Monday and Friday but spend the rest of the week home.
So I had my daughter take me to the local peach farm and I got enough peaches for some peach salsa and jam for canning...that should keep me busy...

If you have any stamina left, please send me some. I have seen what patients go through for joint replacement. You have my total admirations. Don't forget to rest and let your body heal.

Thanks Addie, it's not really a question of stamina, I was in so much pain before surgery that any discomfort I have now is minor and kids stuff in comparison.
I'm getting 8 hours sleep a night and a 2 hour nap each afternoon. I don't do the exercises everyday as I found that working the same muscle groups two days in a row held me back with soreness so now I alternate muscle groups. I make a point to get off my butt every hour to move around.
The kitchen has been a G-dsend to me...large enough to move around in, small enough that I don't need the walker in here. Had it not been for my kitchen projects, I would be on my butt vegging out in front of the TV....

Has anyone heard from tinlizzie since Irma?

I swapped PMs with her before the storm and her plan was to ride it out in her home.

Thanks, B

I swapped PMs with her too, Aunt Bea, and haven't heard either. From what Himself said, it sounds like Irma went right over her location. She did mention that she expected that they would lose power and be off grid for a while. Maybe it's her way of saying "leave me alone". :LOL:

I'd call, but she turns her cell phone on only when we've made arrangements to meet up when Himself and I are in FL come November. So even if I called, it would be no ringy-dingy.

Got a PM from tinlizzie today. All is fine in her world now that the electricity has been restored. Blessed relief! Maybe she'll drop by with more information, but knowing she's fine is good news.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom