"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1171
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Thanks, y'all!
We are still in Va. Having a great time. SIL having a cookout this afternoon...Back home tomorrow.
I was able to hop on the computer here for a bit, but there is along line of folks waiting to use this machine.

Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #1172
Master Chef

Glad to hear it's a fun visit. Drive safely and catch us up when you get back.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #1173
Wine Guy

Still kind of wondering what's going on with Kylie. It's been almost two weeks since she last posted on DC.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #1174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Still kind of wondering what's going on with Kylie. It's been almost two weeks since she last posted on DC.
Her and BuckyTom. Did we say or do something to offend them? I wish someone could shed some light on this.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #1175
Chef Extraordinaire

You could easily say half the forum has come up missing. When was the last time .40, DaveSoMD or a handful of the other mods have posted? Let alone the regular joes who are MIA. People are dropping like flies.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #1176
Master Chef

I have noticed the same thing.

Has anyone heard from justplainbill?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #1177
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You could easily say half the forum has come up missing. When was the last time .40, DaveSoMD or a handful of the other mods have posted? Let alone the regular joes who are MIA. People are dropping like flies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I have noticed the same thing.

Has anyone heard from justplainbill?
You guys know you can go into "Community" (just above the banner ad) and search for a member? And then you can see when they were last on DC so you don't have to worry? Well, both forty_ and Dave have looked in on us today and each has posted within the last week or two - they just aren't as chatty as some of us! justplainbill, however, hasn't logged in to DC since mid-July. buckytom is the one I'm worried about because he was a member of the Frequent Posters Club and then *poof* - gone. Hasn't even so much as logged in since 6-27 (I can remember that since it's also my birthday). He either fell overboard while fishing or got banned because he could get a little..."creative" with some of his comments! Kylie must have had her log-in setting to "hidden" since she never showed up as being "On" even when a post would appear. We were on a lot at the same time because, apparently, my body clock is on some other time zone's setting! Guessing if you're hidden all the time when you log-in it also doesn't show when you last were here because, as far as the system is concerned, you're always here. Or, maybe, never here...

Okay now. I hope that helped more than confused? And I hope I just haven't supposed a lot of misinformation.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #1178
Master Chef

I sent a PM to buckytom over a month ago and have had no response.

That is not like him at all.

What's happening to the Great Chefs of DC?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #1179
Chef Extraordinaire

I see what you are saying, CG... about being here but not posting, but most people join forums because they are social, not because they want to be a fly on the wall. Unless of course it's one of those forums that hides its pics from guests, then maybe they will join just to view the pics of whatever they are researching.
I go by posts, not simply logging in or just being here. Twas a time when you had six or so mods/admins regularly posting, which kept things moving along. If someone joined and asked a question they got welcomed and their question answered by mods, which of course is more "welcoming" than having their question only answered by another member who just joined themselves, which I see quite frequently. And then they both disappear shortly thereafter
Of course, the recent forum glitches doesn't help either. Nobody likes having to repost several times before it takes. And I know Kylie seemed upset because her post count went down after a thread got deleted/closed or something.
Tough to say, but something is going on behind the scenes.

And where the heck has Andy been all day?!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #1180
Chef Extraordinaire

You know what Pac, I just now had to hunt up one of my posts to see what my count was. I never look at it. Not one of life's goals for me. To have the most posts on the forum. I didn't even notice when I became a chef. I was quite happy being a line cook. Line cooks get to do all the cooking. And none of the worries of running a kitchen and staff. I hate self imposed competitions. They seem so silly to me. In the same school as wasting your anger when you could expend your energy elsewhere that will do some good.

Okay, I am off my soapbox.