"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1211
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Have fun CG and Mr.CG...drive safe and don't think about us, too much.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1212
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,119
Have fun!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #1213
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,886
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Have a great vacation CG.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #1214
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,319
Have a great vacay, CookingGoddess! Hope to see pics.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #1215
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,276
Greetings from Fort Myers Beach all! Thought I'd give a glance to a few threads while I'm here answering a PM - tinlizzy and I are meeting up for brunch on Tuesday! This should be fun.

Weather's good. Cloudier than expected, but at least it keeps the heat down. Temps running in the low 80s, so we've been riding along with the sunroof fully open. Two old people having fun. Had water dinners tonight - huge gulf shrimp (half-dollar size!) po-boy for me and fried mullet for Himself. On the hunt at the dock fish stores for fish to grill and some smoked mullet tomorrow.

I've taken only one pic so far! It was of Jet Blue Park, spring training facility of the Boston Red Sox. Sorry Andy, but it seems like they don't recognize the World Series winners...not a banner or sign anywhere, save the park name and the usual logo pair of red socks on the entrance post.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #1216
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Hi CG.

Maybe the training facility will put something up when the team comes down for training.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #1217
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,896
Hi, CG! So cool you're meeting up with tinlizzie! My grandparents used to live in Fort Myers and we used to trailer our sailboat down from Michigan during Christmas break. Love the banyan trees! Have a great time!
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #1218
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Greetings from Fort Myers Beach all! Thought I'd give a glance to a few threads while I'm here answering a PM - tinlizzy and I are meeting up for brunch on Tuesday! This should be fun.

Weather's good. Cloudier than expected, but at least it keeps the heat down. Temps running in the low 80s, so we've been riding along with the sunroof fully open. Two old people having fun. Had water dinners tonight - huge gulf shrimp (half-dollar size!) po-boy for me and fried mullet for Himself. On the hunt at the dock fish stores for fish to grill and some smoked mullet tomorrow.

I've taken only one pic so far! It was of Jet Blue Park, spring training facility of the Boston Red Sox. Sorry Andy, but it seems like they don't recognize the World Series winners...not a banner or sign anywhere, save the park name and the usual logo pair of red socks on the entrance post.
Hey CG!!! Was hoping you made it. Glad you are having fun. Give Lizzie hugs from me.

I'm off to Helena for four days, driving up this afternoon and coming back Thursday. Taking the laptop with me.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #1219
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Hi CG.

Maybe the training facility will put something up when the team comes down for training.
It won't be the town. Florida has its own baseball team. They only like the Red Sox when the team brings money into the local economy.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1220
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,886
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hey CG!!! Was hoping you made it. Glad you are having fun. Give Lizzie hugs from me.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm off to Helena for four days, driving up this afternoon and coming back Thursday. Taking the laptop with me.
PF, I hope enjoy your four days in Helena.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.