Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much for all the lovely good wishes friends!

I have Hawaiian music playing today as we wrap up the last minute packing because we leave in the morning and will sail at sunset with champagne on our balcony for our Anniversary tomorrow.
The kitchen here is closed for now, but I'll have to hit the ground running to cook TDay dinner just two days later when we return. Nope, I'm not even going to think about that part. The good part is I always love my own cooking after a trip, so there's that. ;)
I'll miss you, but free internet time on the ship is limited. :cool:

Aloha!!!

I know you love your own cooking, but since you'll barely have time before Tday to catch a breath from your return, that's when you'll need the sons and DIL's to bring extra dishes! :chef::LOL: We've been known to delay Tday dinner a day or two here over the years. ;) Have fun you two, and you'll be missed here as well!

Last edited:
We had another great trip and Souschef has completed the cruise story at our website for those who are interested.
Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

It will be the last trip story to be posted there, and the explanation for that is at the end of the story.
Sounds like a great trip.

Bummer about the no new stories, but I'm glad the ones that are up will stay there.

We had another great trip and Souschef has completed the cruise story at our website for those who are interested.
Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

It will be the last trip story to be posted there, and the explanation for that is at the end of the story.

There it is, was waiting for your trip report! DH and I loved Kauai, we even drove the road to Hana several times. Kokee State Park and the Grand Canyon of the Pacific were always a must for us! So happy you two had a good time and a memorable anniversary!

Last edited:
Kay and Souschef, I enjoyed looking at your pics and narrative of your latest cruise to Hawaii! Thank you for sharing. I've read every word of your travels throughout the years on your site and have almost felt like I was there. :wub:

Kay and Souschef, I enjoyed looking at your pics and narrative of your latest cruise to Hawaii! Thank you for sharing. I've read every word of your travels throughout the years on your site and have almost felt like I was there. :wub:

Cheryl, you are so right. That is great reading. I too read the whole thing. Great reading and very interesting.

Thanks for the kind words about our website. It's sure a walk down memory lane for us since it was started with our first trip together to Tahiti when we were falling in love back in 2007 and married later that year. We've sure had some amazing adventures together!

I'm a little sad our latest trip to Hawaii will be the last story there, but our stories together will go on. :wub::wub:

Last edited:
I have surgery scheduled for my right wrist Wednesday AM. It's due to a fall some years ago when I broke the wrist and tore a wrist bone free of its ligaments. The resulting pain has gotten worse over the years and the cortisone shots I had been getting are no longer effective. So Doc is going in to fuse and/or remove bones to eliminate the pain. I'll lose some flexibility but I think I'll still be able to slice and dice without pain.

Not sure when I'll be up to posting again. It's hard to type one-handed when it's your off hand.

Best wishes to you Andy. I'm glad it's something they can fix, rather than have to deal with constant pain, although I'm sorry the pain will be worse before it's better. We'll miss your postings for a while. Take care.:flowers:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andy. I hope you have a stash of easy-to-prepare meals in the fridge and freezer for the next week or so. Take care.

I'm Here, Kinda

Hello All!

I’m sorry to have simply dropped out of sight, but to be perfectly honest, I just had nothing to say, to anyone.

Sometimes in life you get the major funk, brought on by little things.
Well, there have been just a few too many little things that had gathered up and finally got to me.

Sometimes people say things to you and it hits you the wrong way, ya know?
Mean, thoughtless, hurtful, unkind, uncalled for remarks and/or even actions.
Maybe that wasn’t their intent, but that’s how things can be perceived by others.
I give folks too much credit, much to my demise and I get the butt end of the stick so to speak and very discouraged with my fellow man.

So please, think before you say or do things towards others.

I try to “Live Aloha” or “Be Kind” everyday.

Well, that’s my story and I’ll bring everyone up to speed soon.

Well THERE you are, dear K-Girl! Many of us were wondering what happened to you. Glad to see you back, if only for a drive-by posting. ;) Hope you're back chatting with us all regular like soon.

And if anyone says anything nasty to you, let me know. I'll sic someone else on them, cuz I'm too chicken to do it myself. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom