Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bucky my friend. Sigh.
I've never understood why you come and go like you do. Once again I'm sorry to see you go and you'll be missed again. I just don't get the point of the continuing drama.
Everybody gets their nose outa joint at some point and I for one see the value in sticking around. That's just me..maybe not you.

Last edited:
In less than a week, we'll be leaving on a round trip Alaskan cruise out of Los Angeles. No airports....WOO HOO!!

For the first time, we'll have a full two room suite on the beautiful Ruby Princess with a huge double balcony. I'm taking a heating pad for my cold hiney out there to watch for wild life. ;)

Travel from Los Angeles to the Great Land on an Alaskan cruise vacation that takes you through the legendary Inside Passage and Glacier Bay National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On your Alaska cruise from Los Angeles, you’ll witness spectacular glaciers, beautiful waterways, forested islands and abundant wildlife. You’ll have relaxing sea days at both ends of your voyage, and visits to the gold-rush era Inside Passage ports of Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway on every sailing – plus scenic cruising in Glacier Bay National Park. The return trip has a stop in Victoria, BC.

Good to see you back, kgirl! I hope you both are feeling better soon, and looking forward to pics, if you care to share. Did you see poppies? :flowers:

Kay and Souschef....sounds like a wonderful trip! Also....a few pics, please? That's the closest I'll get to an Alaskan cruise. :wub::)

...we both got horribly sick trying to get home!...
That's the worse, K-Girl. I hope you and Mr. K. are feeling better. Looking forward to details of your vacay.

In less than a week, we'll be leaving on a round trip Alaskan cruise out of Los Angeles...
That sounds wonderfully fun, Kayelle! Our neighbors went on an Alaskan cruise for their 25th anniversary. They had a great time. I'm sure you and your Sous will, too. Too bad he won't be able to add this latest adventure to your blog. :( Still, I'm sure and/or he can give us the scoop when you return.

Kayelle, you just may get to see the different kinds of whales that migrate to the cold water of the north. They start their trip from the southern waters with their calf at the beginning of spring. Also the Orca's follow them unfortunately.

The babies don't tolerate the cold waters very well, so Mommy Whale waits until they have adjust to the different temps as they travel north. By the time they are up by Alaska, they have fully adjusted to the change in the temperature.

Last edited:
Kayelle, you just may get to see the different kinds of whales that migrate to the cold water of the north. They start their trip from the southern waters with their calf at the beginning of spring. Also the Orca's follow them unfortunately.

The babies don't tolerate the cold waters very well, so Mommy Whale waits until they have adjust to the different temps as they travel north. By the time they are up by Alaska, they have fully adjusted to the change in the temperature.

Yes Addie, we see the Humpbacks right off our coast here twice a year. They have their calves in Baja, and then head back to Alaska in April, where in May they will concentrate in several areas. We should have them right off our ship for the entire trip. Now that's a whale watching trip. :)

Last edited:
Yes Addie, we see the Humpbacks right off our coast here twice a year. They have their calves in Baja, and then head back to Alaska in April, where in May they will concentrate in several areas. We should have them right off our ship for the entire trip. Now that's a whale watching trip. :)

Have a great trip Kayelle and SC!!
Tell us all about it when you guys get back

We have been having some great news here in Mass. also. Every year there has been an increase is the sighting of the Right Whales right off out coast. They are considered to be the most endangered species of the whale families. Most of the TV station here will not report the sightings because the idiots here will run out in their boats and endanger them even more.

We're back home from our Alaska cruise and the short story is that it was WONDERFUL with perfect sunshine weather even so early in the Spring.

The long story with lots of pictures will be posted here in a few days, as even though it can't be added to our travel website, SC wanted to continue our trip stories for the special people in our lives..and naturally that includes all our DC friends.
Anyway, it's always good to get home safe, sound and happy. Once again, my signature says it all....:wub:

Glad to hear you had such a successful trip.

I had a friend more than 40 years ago that I would take the ferry from Seattle and go visit her on Kodiak Island when it was less populated. On one visit I got to see the one thing I always wanted to see. We took a short cruise on a small local ferry and we got to see a very large piece of a glacier break off into the inlet. The wave it produce scared all of us. We all backed away from the railing.

That is beautiful country up there. Every scene of the land is absolutely breath taking. I will be waiting to read about your great adventures.

Back
Top Bottom