"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #2601
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
CG. I finally got that dose of good luck! Because of all the asthma attacks, pneumonia, and bronchitis I have been having, I was sent to a new respirologist out here. She started from scratch and ordered every blood test and scan there is. On our second visit, she told me that I tested low for immunoglobulins and apparently it has been that way from birth. So it took 61 years but I finally have a diagnosis for all my infections, fatigue and shortness of breath. I do an infusion once a week. I was trained by a nurse who specializes in this kind of treatment. She showed me how to do it myself and I am getting better at it. I will be doing it for life but hopefully, I will have the energy to do the things I want.
Outstanding news!

Old 11-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #2602
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
CG. I finally got that dose of good luck! Because of all the asthma attacks, pneumonia, and bronchitis I have been having, I was sent to a new respirologist out here. She started from scratch and ordered every blood test and scan there is. On our second visit, she told me that I tested low for immunoglobulins and apparently it has been that way from birth. So it took 61 years but I finally have a diagnosis for all my infections, fatigue and shortness of breath. I do an infusion once a week. I was trained by a nurse who specializes in this kind of treatment. She showed me how to do it myself and I am getting better at it. I will be doing it for life but hopefully, I will have the energy to do the things I want.
That's wonderful, LP! What a relief it is to finally have an accurate diagnosis *and* effective treatment. I'm so happy for you.

Do you mind if I ask you what the medication is?

Old 11-30-2019, 05:52 PM   #2603
Sous Chef

Quote:
That’s wonderful and I bet a relief to finally know!
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #2604
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Has anyone heard from caseydog? He hasn't replied to anything in a week? Did he say he would be out of touch?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #2605
Executive Chef

Good question... Haven't seen CD post in a while..

Ross
Old 12-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #2606
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Good question... Haven't seen CD post in a while..

Ross
Has anyone had any contact with caseydog?..

It just doesn't seem like him to not post something..

Ross
Old 12-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #2607
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Has anyone had any contact with caseydog?..

It just doesn't seem like him to not post something..

Ross
I remember he had a heart attack a year or two ago. I wonder if something similar has happened.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #2608
Chef Extraordinaire

I remember that he had a bout with cancer also GG. Dang, I hope Casey is ok.
I'm also really concerned about some others too, like Tenspeed. He was headed to Venice the last we heard from him on post number #2565, and that was 4 months ago.
I sure hope Kgirl comes out to play soon..I miss her.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #2609
Executive Chef

Its a shame that, as much as we enjoy many members, we don't make certain there is a way to make contact beyond the forum itself..

In another food forum I used to follow, a few of us kept in contact after it closed.. Not close friends but just interested in health, family, etc.

I often think of K-Girl, Joel, tenspeed and others.. Now cd is added to those missing persons..

Ross
Old 12-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #2610
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Its a shame that, as much as we enjoy many members, we don't make certain there is a way to make contact beyond the forum itself..

In another food forum I used to follow, a few of us kept in contact after it closed.. Not close friends but just interested in health, family, etc.

I often think of K-Girl, Joel, tenspeed and others.. Now cd is added to those missing persons..

Ross
There sort of is a way to let forum members contact you outside the forum, by email. I just enabled it from the User CP. It doesn't show your email. I'm pretty sure that the person using it doesn't get to see your email. But, it does mean that you can receive email from people here, even if you don't get a chance to check in. It shows up on the contact tab of the user profile.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #2611
Executive Chef

That's interesting, taxlady.. I'm assuming that they must be on your "friend" list..

Thank you..

Ross
Old 12-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #2612
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
That's interesting, taxlady.. I'm assuming that they must be on your "friend" list..

Thank you..

Ross
I didn't see a place to choose that option for this. I checked from a "private browsing window" and didn't see the option to email me. Maybe it's friends only and maybe it's members only. Do you mind checking my profile so we know?
Old 12-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #2613
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
...I sure hope Kgirl comes out to play soon..I miss her.
K-Girl and I are Facebook friends; she posted something earlier this week, so at least we know she's still alive! I miss her hanging around here, too. casey had sent me his business cell phone number when he was in the Rhode Island area a while ago, thinking that there would have been a chance for us to meet up. That never happened, but I did just send him a text now to see if he's alive and kicking. I hope all the other missing people are fine, too.

Quote:
Its a shame that, as much as we enjoy many members, we don't make certain there is a way to make contact beyond the forum itself...
There isn't any rule against making a personal connection with someone off the DC platform. I've made off-board friendship connections with a number of DC members, exchanging personal email addresses, maybe phone numbers and home addresses, too. Himself and I have even met up with tinlizzie and Got Garlic (and her DH) in Real Life. It's quite a kick to meet people face-to-face after you have this mental image about them. In our case, it's been all good.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #2614
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I didn't see a place to choose that option for this. I checked from a "private browsing window" and didn't see the option to email me. Maybe it's friends only and maybe it's members only. Do you mind checking my profile so we know?
OK... I guess I was looking at a different window.. I see, in your profile and in my profile, a "contact" window which gives the option to send an email.. I'm going to find cd's profile and see if that option is there..

Pretty cool..

Edit... No email option on cd's profile..

Ross