Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LP, you are one of the very special people on DC who I would really like to see stay healthy here on DC. You have been such a great friend to so many people, me included. Take care of yourself and heal.

Thisi getting old stuff is not pleasant. It isn't the golden age, it's the rust age, or aluminum oxide age. We just aren't as strong as when we were made of steel, or aircraft aluminum.

Fortunately, the steel that you were, supported so many, and helped others in ways that you will never know. The butterfly a\effect, and all that. That one time, when you did something courteous, to someone you didn't even know, changed their life for the better, and that in turn changed something else for the better. And LP, you were that example so many times.

Thank you for being you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I see Kayelle hasn't been online here since Monday night. Anyone know what's going on?

Hi Andy. It's nice to be missed. Actually I've been packing for a round trip cruise to Hawaii due to leave a week from today. Yesterday we decided not to go because of the Corona virus. When the cruise on a sister ship is now in quarantine off the coast of San Francisco we didn't want to be in the same position of floating in a Petri dish in the Pacific. That ship was returning from Hawaii. If we were 20 years younger and in perfect health we might have rolled the dice, but all four of our kids thanked us for cancelling.

Actually instead of losing all that money in spite of our insurance, Princess will now give us credit on the same cruise next year. I don't know about anyone else but this epidemic has me plenty nervous.

Now I need to unpack. Bummer.:(

Hi Andy. It's nice to be missed. Actually I've been packing for a round trip cruise to Hawaii due to leave a week from today. Yesterday we decided not to go because of the Corona virus. When the cruise on a sister ship is now in quarantine off the coast of San Francisco we didn't want to be in the same position of floating in a Petri dish in the Pacific. That ship was returning from Hawaii. If we were 20 years younger and in perfect health we might have rolled the dice, but all four of our kids thanked us for cancelling.

Actually instead of losing all that money in spite of our insurance, Princess will now give us credit on the same cruise next year. I don't know about anyone else but this epidemic has me plenty nervous.

I think you made a wise decision. Glad all's well.

WOW! :ohmy:
K-L, DH and I were just talking about you and SC, so glad that Princess is doing the right thing.

It's unfortunate that the World seems to going to hell in a hand basket, but too have decided to cancel our Hawaii trip this year. It's just too risky.

So now, where are we going to go instead this Spring? :)

Kayelle and Souschef....I'm SO thankful you made the decision to cancel your cruise. :wub::heart: Been thinking of you and worrying about you two being quarantined on a ship off the coast, or worse...contracting the virus.

WOW! :ohmy:
K-L, DH and I were just talking about you and SC, so glad that Princess is doing the right thing.

It's unfortunate that the World seems to going to hell in a hand basket, but too have decided to cancel our Hawaii trip this year. It's just too risky.

So now, where are we going to go instead this Spring? :)

Tehachapi. :LOL:

Glad you cancelled your trip as well, kgirl. :heart: This virus is nothing to be messed with.

Kayelle, I'm sorry that you and Souschef had some dumb germ ruin your vacation plans. Better to be safe than sorry, though.

As Cleveland sports fans are used to saying, "wait until next year".

Kayelle, so glad you and SC decided to cancel this cruise and wait to go when things are calmer. This virus is nothing to play around with.

Back
Top Bottom