Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry to have worried anyone. SC and I are well so far, but this whole thing has done a real number on my head. I tend to crawl into my hiding place and get really quiet. Forgive me please.

I so get that. :heart: So good to hear from you! Thanks to everyone for checking in on those of us who have kind of checked out for a couple of weeks. I'll try to check in every few days, it's nice to know that folks here care. UGH...on top of it all, my bank cards were hacked a couple of weeks ago and although I've gotten my money back, it was a freakin' pain in the butt to clear it all up and go through the hassle of getting new cards....

Be safe, all.

I hope everyone is well! Been a while, got a new computer and lost my favorites and logins. But I have found my way home! Due to SARS CoV-2 my company has us working from home (I'm the exec chef of a nonprofit but they've had me pivot to doing work with their social media accounts). I feel fortunate because most all restaurants here in Montana are closed, and most of my friends and colleagues are laid off or out of work.

Stay safe everyone!:)

I haven't, but she did say that this entire health scare has her stressed, so I suppose she's just nesting in their lovely home. I hope all is well with Kay and her Souschef.

msmofet hasn't posted since Wednesday of Easter week, but I did see that she had peeked in on us Sunday evening.

I did hear from tinlizzie a week or two ago. So far, everything is fine by her in FL.

I haven't, but she did say that this entire health scare has her stressed, so I suppose she's just nesting in their lovely home. I hope all is well with Kay and her Souschef.

msmofet hasn't posted since Wednesday of Easter week, but I did see that she had peeked in on us Sunday evening.

I did hear from tinlizzie a week or two ago. So far, everything is fine by her in FL.

Thanks for the update. I wish people would at least post a "Hi".

{{{{{DC friends}}}} I only wish that hug could be real.

I'm really embarrassed to have worried anyone by staying away, but as I mentioned this disaster has really done a number on my head and put me into a clinical depression. The meds have kicked in a little now and I'm again able to remember all I have to be grateful for, especially our health and the health of all those we know and love.

We don't really have a food delivery as an option and so Souschef has been grocery shopping as needed with all the precautions, but it makes me a crazy nervous wreck for him to be "out there". Cooking has become a chore rather than a pleasure, and who knows when or if the pleasure will return, so as you can see I have little to offer, other than to tell you how much you mean to me. Thank you again for caring.

{{{{{DC friends}}}} I only wish that hug could be real.

I'm really embarrassed to have worried anyone by staying away, but as I mentioned this disaster has really done a number on my head and put me into a clinical depression. The meds have kicked in a little now and I'm again able to remember all I have to be grateful for, especially our health and the health of all those we know and love.

We don't really have a food delivery as an option and so Souschef has been grocery shopping as needed with all the precautions, but it makes me a crazy nervous wreck for him to be "out there". Cooking has become a chore rather than a pleasure, and who knows when or if the pleasure will return, so as you can see I have little to offer, other than to tell you how much you mean to me. Thank you again for caring.

(((Great, big, squishy hugs))) Kayelle. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

(((Great, big, squishy hugs))) Kayelle. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.
Ditto. I'm glad the medication is helping you. And Kay, dear - you have much to offer [emoji2] If you're reading or watching something interesting, pop in and let us know. Food isn't the only thing going on here. Take care [emoji3590]

So happy to hear from you, Kayelle! Hugs and love to you and your dear Souschef. Like GG said, pop in and wave a couple times a week so we know you're still hanging in there. [emoji813]

{{{{ Hugs to you Kayelle, and SC}}}} and since there is plenty to go around,,,, {{{{{{ a group hug for Everyone}}}}} Stay safe and be well.

Good to hear from you KL. It's tough "out there". Dh is dealing with clients who travel to London and back and don't quarantine themselves for 14 days, which is a New Mexico regulation. He is not a happy camper.

Hang in there!

KL, and Souschef, the joy from cooking is attained through exercising your creativity, Enjoying the success of your efforts, learning from the mistakes, and being able to share your creations, and the results of the work it takes to prepare good food with those you love. If you aren't exploring, and are cooking just to sustain life, then cooking is just another chore.

I use cooking as an avenue of escape from hte challenges of daily life. in cooking, I get to pick my challenges, rather than having them thrust upon me by life.

We all can both sympathies, and empathize with you. We are all in this big, collective boat together. Just remember, you can't catch COVID-19 from DC. I may not be able to give you an actual hug, but I can tell you that you are important to all of us, and to me.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom