Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm going to be underground for awhile (reads as mia).

We just came back from dh's doctor's appointment in town,
as soon as doctor walked into the room and asked, "what are
we here for today?" and dh point to a lump on the side of his face,
doc immediately said, "oh, that's skin cancer".

the big c word! :(

He took a biopsy and so now we have to wait 10-14 days
for the results, basically to find out what type.

... Snipped ...

benign!

Great news for K-girl. I worry about Kyelle, and the others, indeed, for all of us. That vaccine can't get here fast enough. For those that knew, and enjoyed him, I wish I knew how to get hold of BuckyTom. He's a special guy.

I remember so many who made their mark here over the many years I've frequented DC. My prayers go out to all of them, and all who are still here.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm not going to be completely away, less active here until we get our internet connection back. Unfortunately, we have gotten used to losing it far too often, but not usually for this long - since around 11 AM today. Wish me luck getting it back soon.

You'll be missed taxlady.

Thanks. I'm back. We got it back around 18h30. DH had to call today and ask what was happening with the repair. Our ISP didn't know, so they phoned Bell, from whom they rent the lines, and Bell couldn't find the ticket for the problem. The Bell technician showed up around 18h and was very nice.

PHEW!
Thank goodness there taxy!!!
Isn't it funny how our dependence on the WWW has grown?
I can remember back, oh, maybe 20 years back, folks saying,
oh no, I'll never have a need for that contraption :rolleyes:
(reads as DH)
:LOL:

Yeah, really. The internet is just about the only way I have been socializing since March. I talk to my sister and one friend on the phone, and not very often. I haven't seen any of my friends with some very minor exceptions. All in five minute or less episodes: my favourite neighbour (she won't wear a mask or I would probably have been hanging out with her outdoors), one friend who brought us groceries once and brought us a full propane tank another time, and a friend of the hubster who dropped off a plant (I only spoke with that person through a second story window). So, yeah, the internet is important, especially at the moment. It's also how we get almost all our groceries and do all of our banking. So, being able to be in touch with the people here on DC and with friends on FB has been helping me maintain my sanity.

Back
Top Bottom