Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vacay - 9/22 - 10/4

We're packing up the RV and hitting the road on Wednesday. We'll be heading to Idaho to visit DH's best friend (& family) since diaper days...literally! After a long weekend there, we'll turn around and head towards home, but we'll stay a week to camp with friends and attend the NW Cardigan (Welsh Corgi) Specialty. It is the Cardi show of the year and takes place during a big All Breed dog show.

Our friends will bring their NEW RV along with their son and their 2 Corgis (they have Pembroke Welsh Corgis...the kind the Queen of England has, the ones without tails) and we'll camp and visit the dog shows.

The 2020 show was cancelled, so this will be the first time Cadie will attend as a grown up doggie! In 2019, she stopped to enjoy all the smells, constantly, so we ended up carrying her around a lot. She's 27 pounds now, so can't be carried too far! We'll get to see her sister and her breeder and we'll get to see Stanley's breeder and family too.

It is always a good time but even better this time, since we'll have camping buddies with us too.

Have a safe trip.
and, I'm very jealous ... I've always wanted to RV but DH is a city boy and prefers the Hampton Inn :LOL:

My dream rig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55b-MsQmzms

*sigh*
sigh.jpg

Well, ours is no Volkner, but it is a bit larger than Leisure Travel Van. This is actually our 3rd RV. As they say, one never buys their last RV, first! Each one has gotten a little bigger. DH does all the driving and he is fond of saying that the length really doesn't make much difference as it is all behind you. LOL.

We had a Super-C as our first coach. DH was put-off by the Class A's as they are a bus and you sit in front of the front wheels, making turns very different. The Super-C was more what he was used to. He was a Concrete Mixer driver. But, once we had that rig and MIL decided she wanted to camp with us...and the "guest bed" was over the cab...that, and the fact that one was always needing to move out of the way so the other could pass by...we decided it was time to look at Class A's. After we had that first Class A, we honed in on exactly what we wanted and just ordered the next one to get it right. We love this rig! And so do the pups. I prefer having my own kitchen giving us the option of staying in or eating out. And, the company motto is "Roughing It Smoothly" and that's about what we do!!

We'll keep in touch!

Would you care to share any photos of your current rig Ginny?
Again, I'm very jealous!
I wish we had our own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and livingroom on wheels, as folks call it "a condo on wheels".
DH doesn't get it! :wacko: And with all this covid stuff ... I mean it just makes sense.
Here's the rub though: I almost had him convinced to buy one, we even went to go look at a couple that were for sale within a coupla hours drive from our home, but then folks started to gauge!
We had been looking at a View 24V for about $60,000 and less for used,
and then :glare:
It's far too rich for my blood now.:censored:

Would you care to share any photos of your current rig Ginny?
Again, I'm very jealous!
I wish we had our own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and livingroom on wheels, as folks call it "a condo on wheels".
DH doesn't get it! :wacko: And with all this covid stuff ... I mean it just makes sense.
Here's the rub though: I almost had him convinced to buy one, we even went to go look at a couple that were for sale within a coupla hours drive from our home, but then folks started to gauge!
We had been looking at a View 24V for about $60,000 and less for used,
and then :glare:
It's far too rich for my blood now.:censored:

I'm so with you on the "it just makes sense."! But, like you noticed, I think there's a whole lotta folks that came to that conclusion in the past year or so. My advice, have some patience and I'm betting there will be a lot of folks eager to pass those RV's along, once things get back to a more normal way of life. Like working and doing their more "usual" vacations? In the more recent months, lots of friends report being stopped and asked if they would sell their rig! Just on the street or in a gas station!

And, more advice, likely worth what you are paying for it! Zip...but, find a rental, even a private party rental...and try it out! Make sure this is something you both enjoy. And, figure out what you need to do this kind of vacation. Do you want to go to the National Parks? If so, many, many of them are very limited on length of the RV. So check out what that might be. Some are a short as 20 feet or so. Or, are you more of the luxury resort type? Swimming pools, golf courses, gourmet restaurants? If so, they have their requirements too! Many of them won't take a rig that is 22 feet or less. Some have age requirements. Some only accept Class A rigs.

We like to camp with our friends and they have a range of ways they like to camp. Some want to rent a yurt. Others have a classic fiberglass (tiny) travel trailer. Still others have a motorized coach or a huge 5th wheel. They all have their pros & cons...but until you try them out, who knows what might best suit you guys?

Prices are all over the place. I recently saw a tiny tear drop trailer that I think my puppies might find comfy, but I don't know of many others that would...and they wanted $24,000...used!! OMG! I wouldn't give them $2,400! But, to each their own.

RV shows are also a good place to go and look. Check out all the options, but then try them out too, if at all possible. Save yourself from not buying your last RV first?

I'll look for some photos & send them to you directly!

Sound advice Ginny!

I've been camping alot in my lifetime, got my duckies in a row, it's city boy over there :glare:
I'm from the country myself and have no problem in a tent or a teardrop :LOL:
We looked into renting an RV for DH to test out, but then SIP hit.
And now we have my Mother to consider as well .... so, there you are.
I'm having a difficult time coming to grips with paying what it would cost for us to by a condo and then have to pay the maintenance for the rig. Again, just too rich for my blood.
NOW, if Mom kicked in some $$$$$ too, well that could change the entire ballgame!;)

Hey Ginny and K-Girl, you need to get a room...I mean thread! Maybe start one on RV camping.

Ginny, do you guys post anything about your travels on YouTube? Himself loves watching of all those people having so much fun while sitting on his tuchus. [emoji19]

CG, sounds like something K-girl & I should give some consideration! I'm betting there are other campers on DC too!!

For YouTube, blogs or other places, nope, we don't really do that. I do have a YouTube Channel for our pups!! Nothing about camping or RV really. We're kind of private and insignificant, in the greater scheme?

Heading to the beach on Friday!!! We just need to see the beach one more time before winter hits! Even though I have 9 gardens going, 8 are in germination mode, so I think they won't miss me. I may end the 9th one, we'll see.

Heading to the beach on Friday!!! We just need to see the beach one more time before winter hits! Even though I have 9 gardens going, 8 are in germination mode, so I think they won't miss me. I may end the 9th one, we'll see.

We haven't been to the beach, any beach since August of 2019!

IMG_4584.jpg
Newport Beach California

IMG_4262.jpg
Kailua Beach May 2019 *sigh*

Beautiful Ginny! Where is this?

The first one is Long Beach, WA. The second is Grayland Beach State Park, WA. This weekend, we'll be camping about half way between the two, but we've not camped there before, so no pictures. It will be even LESS populated that the other two. But, I hear they are clamming now, so we may see SOMEBODY on the beach this weekend. ;)

One tends to see more cars on the beach, as it is allowed and the beaches are wide and long...making for long walks. I prefer to walk, others prefer to drive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom