Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle did have a tough time during the pandemic, and Cheryl had a difficult time after the earthquake near her home. Both of them sort of petered out. I miss them and I hope they're both doing well.

Oh yes, Cheryl. Another member I enjoy reading.

I hope they are both well..

Ross

I've been so extremely busy this past week or so,
getting ready for our Communities Craft & Bake Sale.

On top of all of that, throw in the fact that DH had to have
surgery that was a bit more involved than originally
thought, but he's doing great, he's bouncing back,
if slowly, he's doing well.

I've been so extremely busy this past week or so,
getting ready for our Communities Craft & Bake Sale.

On top of all of that, throw in the fact that DH had to have
surgery that was a bit more involved than originally
thought, but he's doing great, he's bouncing back,
if slowly, he's doing well.

I'm happy to hear things are getting better.:)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Kaneohegirlinaz I saw how busy you've been on another thread! lol Glad your husband's doing well, and I hope that continues, and that the rehab (if it's one of those things requiring that) goes well. Take a break soon!

Last edited:
I will be visiting sporadically today. Electricians coming today and they will be turning off various circuits throughout the day to work on the relevant outlets. Yes, I have a laptop, but the router doesn't have backup power, so the wifi won't be available all the time. I may use the app on my phone or tablet, but I don't really like using those small devices for typing replies. But, who knows. I might be bored out of my mind with strangers in my house and no power.

I will be visiting sporadically today. Electricians coming today and they will be turning off various circuits throughout the day to work on the relevant outlets. Yes, I have a laptop, but the router doesn't have backup power, so the wifi won't be available all the time. I may use the app on my phone or tablet, but I don't really like using those small devices for typing replies. But, who knows. I might be bored out of my mind with strangers in my house and no power.

Have you ever tried using your cell phone as a hot spot? It will use "data," so depends upon your plan, there might be charges.

Have you ever tried using your cell phone as a hot spot? It will use "data," so depends upon your plan, there might be charges.
Yes I have. The laptop uses more data than the devices with smaller screens. Also, I find it hard to remember not to watch videos or download stuff that can wait.

I guess I don't post often enough for anyone to notice, but I'm leaving for Paris in a week. I do read DC most every day - I just don't say a lot.

I'll take a lot of pictures.

I guess I don't post often enough for anyone to notice, but I'm leaving for Paris in a week. I do read DC most every day - I just don't say a lot.

I'll take a lot of pictures.

Have fun! Who will care for the dog(s)? From personal experience, good doggie sitters are hard to find!

smileys-dogs-486789.gif

Electricians have come, inspected all the electrical in the house, switched out a bunch of outlets and light switches and left. I'm pleased to know the house is electrically up to code now.

We hadn't been warned that the electricians would need access to the baseboard heaters too. All but one of them were easily accessible, but one is behind some Ikea shelving that houses a whole lot of books, the majority of the crystal glasses, some expensive Danish porcelain vases and decorative plates, and a bunch of other stuff. We haven't actually used that baseboard heater for decades, because of the shelving. We were already exhausted when we got up this morning, from previous prep work and then we had to move another whackload of stuff. So, we are both stupid with exhaustion.

Something in the settings for the router or firewall computer is not behaving properly, so I still don't have internet over wifi. DH is too tired to deal with it today. So, I took GinnyPNW's suggestion and I'm using my phone as a mobile hotspot. I am trying to be cautious of the data I use with the laptop. I was really getting frustrated with the little, hunt-and-peck keyboards on phone and tablet and I don't really like the DC app.

So, it will continue to be sporadic until DH gets my access to the internet over the house wifi working properly. Probably some time tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom