"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #1671
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
hi guys, great to see everyone again. thanks for the welcomes.

i ran out of stories to tell, so i went out and got more. pix and jokes to follow.
BT! howzit?! Hope you are well!

Old 08-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #1672
Everymom

*peeking in the back window* Mind if I drop back in? Sorry to have been MIA without letting you folks know where I was off to. I have no excuses. Just life and summer being busy. You know the drill.

I don't remember how long its been since I was here! I had some health issues back in May. They have no idea really what it was. Their best guess after sucking most of my blood out, ultrasounds and MRIs is that I had a stone in my liver, but it somehow passed and I'm well again. Don't want to do THAT again. Yuck. Upside was losing some weight...found it all again though!

We had a couple of trips. One to Vegas to do a heli tour of the Grand Canyon, and to see the Beatles Love show. (WOW!) Then a quick trip to Montana to see Sir Paul in concert in Missoula. That man is amazing. 3 hours in blazing heat and he sounds like a dream.

Kids are both getting ready for university in a few days so things are a bit tense at the moment. I've put my hat in the ring to permanently take over this "boss" job I've been doing. I'll see how it goes.

Missed you lot! Anyone do anything particularly wild or naughty while I was away? PM me!

Old 08-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #1673
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Too bad you forgot I live in Missoula...
Old 08-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #1674
Everymom

You do not. OMG! Seriously??? I'm a total idiot.

Did you come to the concert? And I fell in love with Missoula and Montana over all. It was so beautiful. A bit scary driving at times, but just so pretty.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #1675
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We didn't go to the concert, but were able to enjoy it as we could hear it from the park nearby. I could have wandered you around the city!
Old 08-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #1676
Everymom

I WAS IN THE PARK FOR A WHILE!!! I'm pretty sure I'd have recognized you but what a dolt I am that I forgot you were in Missoula. Never fear, I will be returning. Hey...what's the deal with a stadium that size in a city that size? The entire population of the city could fit in that stadium.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #1677
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I WAS IN THE PARK FOR A WHILE!!! I'm pretty sure I'd have recognized you but what a dolt I am that I forgot you were in Missoula. Never fear, I will be returning. Hey...what's the deal with a stadium that size in a city that size? The entire population of the city could fit in that stadium.
LOL!! It has underground flotation devices in case the valley floods...just kidding. It fills up every home game.

Which park were you in? There are many all over the city, we were in a park south of the stadium. You were likely closer to the river.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #1678
Everymom

I walked over a little bridge from the stadium to the park. I think that would be west of the stadium?

Did I mention my seats were Section 1 Row 14 on the FLOOR!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #1679
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That is Northwest of the stadium by the river. Where did you park your car?

It's a beautiful valley, isn't it?
Old 08-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #1680
Chef Extraordinaire

So glad to see you back, Alix! I was just thinking about you.