"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #171
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
We're leaving tonight for Panama til the 28th. I haven't decided if I will bring the laptop or not yet. I brought it with us to Mexico and we all enjoyed that. If I do, I'll get online and drop by with some pix of the resort etc. If not, see you on the 28th.
Have a great trip! Kick back and relax!!!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #172
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Have a great trip! Kick back and relax!!!!!
Have fun Alix and eat lots of great food!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #173
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina
I've been away for a very long time and so glad to be back! I've missed you all and look forward to meeting new members. I've been teaching little ones at a local charter school. I recently resigned my job because of the curriculum that was adopted this year-Direct Instruction. I was about to go insane with it!!! Enough said! I am passionate about cooking and staying home for a while is just heavenly! I love to reinvent recipes for my family and my kids and husband are so happy to have a home cooked meal every night! My search for another job continues...in the meantime, I'm happy and loving being a stay home mom!!!
Well, hello, and welcome back, Dina! Good luck with the job hunt!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #174
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I've been away for a very long time and so glad to be back! I've missed you all and look forward to meeting new members. I've been teaching little ones at a local charter school. I recently resigned my job because of the curriculum that was adopted this year-Direct Instruction. I was about to go insane with it!!! Enough said! I am passionate about cooking and staying home for a while is just heavenly! I love to reinvent recipes for my family and my kids and husband are so happy to have a home cooked meal every night! My search for another job continues...in the meantime, I'm happy and loving being a stay home mom!!!

Dina, welcome back. It's really good to see you again.

I still make that great beef enchilada recipe you gave me. In fact, I'm planning on making it this week sometime.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #175
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
okay, now i'm really getting concerned. it has been three weeks since we've heard from timothy--timothy, who is in the habit of logging a dozen posts here every day.

if there is anyone who corresponds with tim offsite, please at least let us know that he is physically okay. thank you.

i hate where my thoughts are going--timothy, please please don't be dead....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #176
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:

Hey, Dina! Nice to have your back. I've wondered what was taking up some of your time.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #177
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What is direct instruction?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #178
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Dina! So good to have you back! Consider me selfish, but I hope your job search takes a long time ! I am glad you are having fun in the kitchen again. I look forward to your posts!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #179
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i hate where my thoughts are going--timothy, please please don't be dead....
Maybe he and Snip ran off together to Hawaii. Seriously, is it possible to ever know the reason they both just stopped posting? If I remember correctly, Snip was to move and planned to resume. Timothy......?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #180
Executive Chef

i must have some serious abandonment issues. as self-sufficient as i think i am, i seem to be obsessing about everybody who for their own very personal reasons steps away from this dc site. found myself searching for selkie again, missing her faithfully clinical arkansas weather reports....