"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 AM   #1971
Chef Extraordinaire

The Ritz Carlton in Boston was located just around the corner from where I worked. At two in the afternoon, they would serve tea with a floor show of the latest fashions from Saks Fifth Avenue right next door. Tea and finger sandwiches along with tea cakes. Made for a great late lunch break. A favorite spot for the girls I worked with.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 AM   #1972
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
... I have been so very ill since we got back from Hawaii the ending of May (we were gone for the entire month of May) and have not really been in contact with anyone or thing.
I have neglected everything...my poor husband had to fend for himself and didn't do well. I use to be on ChefTalk as well, but I just can't keep up.
We left on another month long road trip across the country and just got back. I lied and said that I was okay to do the trip, but I really wasn't, I should have been in the hospital. I can't remember the first week or two of the trip!
It's been one hell of a year for me and I pray that from this point on, it will be smooth sailing.
No one is more important than yourself. And your health has to come first. Please don't be so foolish again. You are missed when you are not with us.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #1973
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
No one is more important than yourself. And your health has to come first. Please don't be so foolish again. You are missed when you are not with us.
YEP!
The thing is I DON'T get sick! That was the first time I'd been sick for, wow, my mid-twenties and that's no lie.
Addie, mahalo, thanks for that.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #1974
Head Chef

Speaking of Afternoon Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'd rather have a glass of wine.
For my family Bridal Shower, I invited all the gals to the Moana Surfrider Hotel for Afternoon Tea, which in my humble opinion, is one of THE most beautiful spots on Earth.
So there we all were, sitting on the veranda on the beach at Waikiki, my Mother, Aunt, two of my Sister-in-laws-to-be and my little Sister who, orders 3, yes THREE Martinis and didn't a bite.
HEH! I just remembered something! That was 22 years ago yesterday!! Time flies when you're having fun
Old 09-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #1975
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
YEP!
The thing is I DON'T get sick! That was the first time I'd been sick for, wow, my mid-twenties and that's no lie.
Addie, mahalo, thanks for that.
A senior moment. I have forgotten "You're Welcome" in Hawaiian.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #1976
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A senior moment. I have forgotten "You're Welcome" in Hawaiian.
Well, Addie there really isn't a Hawaiian word, but several phrase in response to "Mahalo" : A'ole pilikia (ah-o-leah-pea-lee-key-ah) -it's no trouble
Old 09-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #1977
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well, Addie there really isn't a Hawaiian word, but several phrase in response to "Mahalo" : A'ole pilikia (ah-o-leah-pea-lee-key-ah) -it's no trouble
That's the one I remember. Thanks for curing my senior moment.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #1978
Master Chef

Breaktime

Hey, Friends, I'm taking a sabbatical from DC for a short while. Wait! Don't pop the corks on the celebratory bubbly, I will be back. Consider that a promise OR a threat.

IF I am EVER going to have this garage sale I keep saying I am, I have to remove myself from DC (and Facebook, except for stalking my progeny...) cold-turkey in order to make sure I spend no time here. The way it has been going, logging in "just for a minute" sees way more time evaporate than a few minutes. Considering that the "tone" MrsLMB warned us about as being off-putting is trying to creep back in, this seems as good of a time as any to take my breather.

Never fear, Himself and I will be eating. Or at least I will be eating. I'm considering a cooking strike if he doesn't patch and paint the front porch rails and floor. He has no idea how long I can be happy with eating PB and Jelly sandwiches. BwaHaHa!

I should be back before the ghosts spook and the witches fly. If not, send a turkey out to find me, OK?

PS - If you really need to get in touch with me, shoot me a PM through DC. I do get notifications of PMs. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #1979
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
CG, enjoy your breather and pace yourself with the garage stuff. Also, make sure there is enough room in your inbox that our PMs don't bounce.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #1980
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll miss you! But I understand. What taxlady said