Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yup!

This will be our 13th year. Twelve in the timeshare. Two weeks in a tropical paradise. However, now I take my laptop and stay in touch at a reduced participation level. I usually log in while sitting in bed at night unwinding.

Quick update. I have access to DC again, both through a new phone and through the computer. I'm down in Grand Rapids (under the same roof as the hubby again!) but we still don't have our own place yet. I'm looking for work and trying to get familiar with a city that has roughly a population of 600,000 after living in a town since the 4th grade that has a population of roughly 16,000. I figure I'll probably get lost a lot at first so trying to drive around and explore before I get a job.

Also have a bunch of stuff going on with the hubby's sister that he and I are trying to get figured out. And once we get our own place we still have to get the rest of our stuff that we put in storage down here.

So still pretty busy. Will still be a bit before I can get on regulary but we're doing well and making progress. I hope everyone's holidays went well and if anyone is familiar with the GR area and haa tips for where to find good food (grocier or restaurant) shoot me a message; I'd greatly appreciate the advice. Talk to you all soon.

welcome back pag. good to see you 'round.

hey, where's the chief? i just realized he's been m.i.a. of late.

I haven't been around for awhile - Dad hasn't been doing well and I have been having the usual pain issues.

Last night Dad just took a very sudden turn for the worst. I just said in a very assertive manner, "Dad, I am calling the ambulance". He didn't argue - in fact I think he was a little relieved. What took him to the hospital was his blood sugar plummeted (easily fixable with a dextrose drip, though I don't think we could have left it much longer). However, what kept him there overnight was he needed 2 units of blood and a saline drip to rehydrate him.

I am just on my way back to the hospital now. Just thought I would let you all know as you have been very supportive and caring.

Thanks for he update, Laurie. You and Dad are in our thoughts. I hope things improve quickly.

i'm sorry to hear about your dad, l. i was thinkng of you tge other day watching the canucks play. i'm sending prayers and positive energy your way.

Aw Laurie! That's too bad. Hope things even out for you soon.

Anyone seen/heard from Uncle Bob?

unka bob was just here the other day. he posted in the dinner thread, june.

I haven't been around for awhile - Dad hasn't been doing well and I have been having the usual pain issues.

I'm sorry to hear that you and your Father are having such tough times. I hope everything improves for both of you.

Life seems to be a continuous series of tests. One after another, we are tested to see our strength of character.

You're holding your own very well Laurie. Keep it up!

Thanks, everyone!

They are being very vague about what it happening with Dad. Now that he has had the blood transfusions and his blood sugar is being stabilized with insulin, they are worried about his kidney function but aren't doing much about it. They keep saying he will be in "a couple of days" but we have been down that road twice now (4 months and 2 months).

I am going back up to the hospital now, but will only be going once a day this time around. It is just too hard on me going twice a day. But I need to be there for decision-making and interpreting when Dad can't hear and/or understand. I hope he gets put on my sister-in-law's ward again.

i'm sorry to hear about your dad, l. i was thinkng of you tge other day watching the canucks play. i'm sending prayers and positive energy your way.
Was that by chance when we kicked the Bruins' but in the grudge match of the season? :cool:

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - they mean a lot!

Back
Top Bottom