Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking forward to meeting you Vit. I'm one of the MIAs also and I'll do my best to explain as briefly as possible just what happened. Sort version: suddenly, death was staring me in the face and my focus changed until I could mend. First, let me say that just entering here feels like home with so many familiar faces bringing back such warm and wonderful memories...it feels good. I miss all the good food, good laughs, and good conversation. (just had to get that in before you all stop reading this lengthy epistle...lol)

I was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus (just after my tornado victims posts) and was treated with progesterone which (arguably) caused DVTs (blood clots) leading to multiple pulmonary embolisms in my lungs. Breathing was difficult. I was put on blood thinners for 7 months but here's the catch...I couldn't treat nor remove the cancer while on the blood thinners. There was a point when I thought I might not make it...first health scare in my whole life.

Still though, months later, I wasn't serious about nutrition and exercise until, just when I thought I was almost healed and cancer-free, I experienced another DVT (blood clot) and my blood pressure shot up to 158. I was NOT going back to the ER again so, get this lol, I googled "blood pressure 158" and a comment showed up on a health board from a woman who had a DVT and a 158 blood pressure! She said she drank 8 glasses of water everyday, elevated her leg, and cut out salt...she said it healed. So I didn't go to the doctor (i don't recommend that! I mean it! go!) and followed her regimen for 3 days and it was gone (miracle). More importantly, it showed me how much what we put in our bodies makes such a HUGE difference. That was my turning point.

My cooking drastically simplified in order to save myself and my focus was on researching nutrition and exercise....cutting way back on salt, sugar, processed foods, fat, dairy, animal, oils...and switching to eating whole foods, veggies, fruit, beans, nuts, and seeds (i was basically vegan). Dr. Fuhrman's book, "Eat to Live" saved my life. My favorite recipe in there was his "Anti-Cancer Soup" which I didn't think would go over very well in here...not very fun sounding and I was all about fun before.

But I'm back to my old self, in fact better than ever...and cancer-free! I've always thought of you all here and miss everyone greatly...I finally feel like I can return if you'll still have me. I'm sorry I didn't let anyone know but it was a sudden shock and drastic shift in lifestyle. Every moment of every day was focused on research and learning how to heal....i became obsessed with it there for awhile but I'm healed now and not so obsessed with healthy food...er, I mean...I've struck a healthy balance with food and my new lifestyle is more in perspective.

I hope you ALL are doing well and are healthy and happy. See you around (I hear the whispers..."And this was brief???" lol)

So nice to have you back and healthy, Mollyanne!!! Congrats on beating the "Big C"!!!

Last edited:
OMG (((((((((((((Mollyanne)))))))) I'm so dang glad to see you and I've missed you like crazy nearly every day here. I'm about in tears over your story and can't begin to tell you how much it means to hear your happy ending to the story.
Welcome home, myfriend!!!

Goody! Vit is back and Mollyanne (Hi, Mollyanne - I'm relatively new and I lived in Charlotte NC before moving to Florida; anyway, glad to meet you!) is well again! Now we can all gather up and follow :chicken::chicken: the chicken chronicles. :):):)

Welcome back, Vitauta and Mollyanne!!

Mollyanne, we have been so worried about you! I am so glad you got through all of that and that you are on the mend. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Oh, MOLLYANNE! I have missed you so much! What an experience you have had and bravo for coming out the other side of it with such strength.

I for one am very interested in your new diet lifestyle. We are having to change ours quite a bit and are eating more naturally than ever before.

What a day, Vit and MA both back home! If I had known you were coming I would have baked a cake! ;)

dawg, kayelle, LP, tin, hoot, princess, and barbara....thank you all for such a warm welcome back. I puddled up when I saw everyone. What an awesome group of genuinely friendly folks...i love you guyz and missed you. And lol to LP about baking a cake if you'd known I was coming. Oh I remember all those amazing cakes you posted pics of here. I posted a photo I took of myself on my profile page. I took it with my laptop on 9/1/12...see, I'm all healthy again and ready to take on DC....yes, my hair looks really weird...i look like donald trump :LOL:

dawg, kayelle, LP, tin, hoot, princess, and barbara....thank you all for such a warm welcome back. I puddled up when I saw everyone. What an awesome group of genuinely friendly folks...i love you guyz and missed you. And lol to LP about baking a cake if you'd known I was coming. Oh I remember all those amazing cakes you posted pics of here. I posted a photo I took of myself on my profile page. I took it with my laptop on 9/1/12...see, I'm all healthy again and ready to take on DC....yes, my hair looks really weird...i look like donald trump :LOL:
Mollyanne, Vit,, this is indeed a wonderful day. You both are home and now we can all sya welcome back. It's so hard to express how much tis means to all of us. Knowing you MA have beat the cancer and dvt's boy what a time that must have been. Vit computer problems are no fun are they? I've been having some too just what I need to do fool with a computer and try to juggle that with dialysis at the same time. Oh well we are all back together and let us pray it stays this way.
Big hugs to you both
kades

Oh, MOLLYANNE! I have missed you so much! What an experience you have had and bravo for coming out the other side of it with such strength.

I for one am very interested in your new diet lifestyle. We are having to change ours quite a bit and are eating more naturally than ever before.

What a day, Vit and MA both back home! If I had known you were coming I would have baked a cake! ;)

a big, heartfelt thank you to everybody at dc for the warm welcome back from all of you!:) you are truly an extraordinary group of loving and caring folks like i've never encountered in my life before now. being told you've been missed by people one really cares about is an incredibly sweet rush.

ma, your story has me filled with hope and optimism for our human community--what a brave and determined girl you've been to battle and conquer such an ungodly attack as cancer waged against your unsuspecting body and psyche. best wishes to you going forward--what an glowing inspiration you offer to us all in dealing with adversity of the most savage kind. thank you

lp, thank you for your kind words. it's not at all too late for one of your tantalizing cakes!:)

i must say, i missed my dc tribe even more than this friggin'-a__ worthless acer computer of mine--though i'm hopelessly dependent and addicted....

Thank you Vit...it's easy to see why you're so loved here. I look forward to sharing good food, good friends, and good conversations with you...well, okay, and maybe some good wine lol...cheers! :flowers:

i won't be around much for the foreseeable future.

work has amp'd up due to the pro football season, plus i'll be coaching my son's football team. also, i've taken on much more responsibility with the cub scouts, especially to do with fundraising and assisting with 2 dens.

so, i'll be around, but infrequently. i'll see ya when i see ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
i won't be around much for the foreseeable future.

work has amp'd up due to the pro football season, plus i'll be coaching my son's football team. also, i've taken on much more responsibility with the cub scouts, especially to do with fundraising and assisting with 2 dens.

so, i'll be around, but infrequently. i'll see ya when i see ya.
I hope you know you will be missed BT. Take care of yourself that that sweet son of yours.
kades

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom