"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #2211
Master Chef

Thank you, Princess.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #2212
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have a good rest CWS!!!

Welcome Home, Cheryl.
counting the hours. This is my first respite sin my brother died that I don't have to deal with estate matters. I don't care if it rains. Being at LOW and knowing my brother's ashes are there...I can already feel the peace in my soul and heart.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #2213
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A well deserved and earned rest. Shut the world out and enjoy your time alone. Best wish and hope you have nothing but happy thoughts.
Thank you. I can't wait to be there. Love my cousin/godfather for letting me have time at the cabin.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #2214
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Just remember, don't push yourself too hard. You have plenty of time to heal completely. Let your body do its work with only a minimum of help from you. Your job is to take it easy and rest.

I am glad though that everything went so well for you. You sound like me. Impatient to get on with living.
Thanks, I've been working hard with PT and doing HBOT treatments everyday to speed healing. The Therapist discharged me yesterday saying he had never discharged a double hip so quickly in his entire career. He gave me the green light to go back to work on Monday.
Spoke to the bosses, they freaked out a bit and told me I could work Monday and Friday but spend the rest of the week home.
So I had my daughter take me to the local peach farm and I got enough peaches for some peach salsa and jam for canning...that should keep me busy...
Old 08-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #2215
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparrny View Post
Thanks, I've been working hard with PT and doing HBOT treatments everyday to speed healing. The Therapist discharged me yesterday saying he had never discharged a double hip so quickly in his entire career. He gave me the green light to go back to work on Monday.
Spoke to the bosses, they freaked out a bit and told me I could work Monday and Friday but spend the rest of the week home.
So I had my daughter take me to the local peach farm and I got enough peaches for some peach salsa and jam for canning...that should keep me busy...
If you have any stamina left, please send me some. I have seen what patients go through for joint replacement. You have my total admirations. Don't forget to rest and let your body heal.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #2216
Senior Cook

Thanks Addie, it's not really a question of stamina, I was in so much pain before surgery that any discomfort I have now is minor and kids stuff in comparison.
I'm getting 8 hours sleep a night and a 2 hour nap each afternoon. I don't do the exercises everyday as I found that working the same muscle groups two days in a row held me back with soreness so now I alternate muscle groups. I make a point to get off my butt every hour to move around.
The kitchen has been a G-dsend to me...large enough to move around in, small enough that I don't need the walker in here. Had it not been for my kitchen projects, I would be on my butt vegging out in front of the TV....
Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #2217
Master Chef

Has anyone heard from tinlizzie since Irma?

I swapped PMs with her before the storm and her plan was to ride it out in her home.

Thanks, B
Old 09-13-2017, 02:17 AM   #2218
Master Chef

I swapped PMs with her too, Aunt Bea, and haven't heard either. From what Himself said, it sounds like Irma went right over her location. She did mention that she expected that they would lose power and be off grid for a while. Maybe it's her way of saying "leave me alone".

I'd call, but she turns her cell phone on only when we've made arrangements to meet up when Himself and I are in FL come November. So even if I called, it would be no ringy-dingy.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #2219
Master Chef

Got a PM from tinlizzie today. All is fine in her world now that the electricity has been restored. Blessed relief! Maybe she'll drop by with more information, but knowing she's fine is good news.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #2220
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Got a PM from tinlizzie today. All is fine in her world now that the electricity has been restored. Blessed relief! Maybe she'll drop by with more information, but knowing she's fine is good news.
Whew! Glad to hear that.