Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Andy, how was your first night at home? I hope you had the good sense to take a pain pill before you settled down for the night. Nuture that arm and doo what the doctor ordered. :angel:

So Andy, how was your first night at home? I hope you had the good sense to take a pain pill before you settled down for the night. Nuture that arm and doo what the doctor ordered. :angel:

I'm being a good boy and doing exactly what the doctor told me to do. As you can see I'm writing this response about 4:30 in the morning because I have been sitting up and sleeping on the sofa as that's the recommended way.

I've been taking Percocet since about 6 o'clock last night that seems to be taking the edge off the pain.

I'm being a good boy and doing exactly what the doctor told me to do. As you can see I'm writing this response about 4:30 in the morning because I have been sitting up and sleeping on the sofa as that's the recommended way.

I've been taking Percocet since about 6 o'clock last night that seems to be taking the edge off the pain.

You will notice that in a couple of days, the pain will be starting to lessen a little more each day. Just don't try to become Mr. Macho and let up on the pain meds. Take them as prescribed for the first week. You don't want to let the pain get a hold on you. Then it will be harder to get back under control. For some strange reason, laying down flat seems to increase the pain level. And at night the pain seems to increase. The night pain has to do with atmospheric pressure. I don't quite understand it. :angel:

You will notice that in a couple of days, the pain will be starting to lessen a little more each day. Just don't try to become Mr. Macho and let up on the pain meds. Take them as prescribed for the first week. You don't want to let the pain get a hold on you. Then it will be harder to get back under control. For some strange reason, laying down flat seems to increase the pain level. And at night the pain seems to increase. The night pain has to do with atmospheric pressure. I don't quite understand it. :angel:

I appreciate the advice. I've had little real pain and only related to movement. I've already cut from two pills to one every 6 hours. Not to be a hero, just don't feel any pain. I know to not let the pain get ahead of me.

I will be MIA from now until at least tomorrow night or Thursday. I am going into Vancouver for my follow-up appointment for my chronic pain management group. The group itself (8:30 am to 3:30 pm), not to mention the 1 1/2 hour commute each way takes a lot out of me, but it is worth it. I am really excited to find out how everyone else is doing and share my progress as well.

hoping for a fast recovery andy. i am hanging in and getting better. focus is still not good but i think some of that are the drugs. we are cutting back on the day one and so far that is o.k. the night ones put me to sleep so no flashbacks or panic attacks then

babetoo said:
hoping for a fast recovery andy. i am hanging in and getting better. focus is still not good but i think some of that are the drugs. we are cutting back on the day one and so far that is o.k. the night ones put me to sleep so no flashbacks or panic attacks then

So glad to hear you're getting better, Babe! Hang in there, sweetie!

Howdy do, Babe. I was just wondering what sort of crafty things you might be doing to keep your hands busy -- knitting? tatting? sewing? maybe just "gathering steam" and ideas for your next project...:)

Enquiring minds (aka nosy folks) are all ears.

babe,
just to see your name here makes me smile and feel good. Keep healing sweetie, we all miss and love you.
kades

Howdy do, Babe. I was just wondering what sort of crafty things you might be doing to keep your hands busy -- knitting? tatting? sewing? maybe just "gathering steam" and ideas for your next project...:)

Enquiring minds (aka nosy folks) are all ears.

mostly i have been knitting an Afghan for my oldest granddaughter. have an idea for redoing a bookcase.

one more pile for the vietnam vets. is in the works.

trying to figure a way to come up with co-pay for eye surgery. problem is pills make it hard for me to stay focused for very long. thanks for your concern.

babetoo said:
mostly i have been knitting an Afghan for my oldest granddaughter. have an idea for redoing a bookcase.

one more pile for the vietnam vets. is in the works.

trying to figure a way to come up with co-pay for eye surgery. problem is pills make it hard for me to stay focused for very long. thanks for your concern.

Bless you Babe. I am praying for your eye surgery. Hope you are able to get it done soon.

:flowers:So glad to hear you're doing better Babe...

I'll be MIA for a while.

We are flying to Boston tomorrow to join a tour group called "New England Fall Foliage by Rail". featuring four daylight trains and staying in local hotels throughout NE at night. I'm really looking forward to seeing pretty fall colors as the only sign of Fall here is the occasional dried up palm frond flying through the air with the notorious Santa Ana winds that show up this time of year.
I was last in New England just two weeks after 9/11 and it was sure a scary time to be flying.
Hold down the fort friends (say that three times fast) and happy cooking! :flowers:

:flowers:So glad to hear you're doing better Babe...

I'll be MIA for a while.

We are flying to Boston tomorrow to join a tour group called "New England Fall Foliage by Rail". featuring four daylight trains and staying in local hotels throughout NE at night. I'm really looking forward to seeing pretty fall colors as the only sign of Fall here is the occasional dried up palm frond flying through the air with the notorious Santa Ana winds that show up this time of year.
I was last in New England just two weeks after 9/11 and it was sure a scary time to be flying.
Hold down the fort friends (say that three times fast) and happy cooking! :flowers:

Right now the folliage is at its peak in Northern NH and Vermont. I personally think Vermont has the most breathtaking folliage. For New Hampshire, the White Mountains have a beauty of their very own. The busiest time for leaf peeping is the first two weeks of October. The weekend of Columbus Day holiday is the busiest of all. So you are really going to get to see some beautiful sights. Welcome to New England in all her glory! :angel:

Trees are just beginning to turn here, esp the maples. They need a frosty night to really change colors....like this one here.

MpleTreeRed.JPG

Back
Top Bottom