Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, LP. Hang in there, Sweetie! We miss you and are hoping for the best!

lol, no, it was against the islanders. but rooting against boston is a nyc pasttime. ;)

we play nhl-slapshot on our wii a lot, and it has the ability to create players. i'm going to create a player named "papa beier" in your dad's honour and draft him on the canucks. (get it? papa bear/papa beier...)

it'll be fun to have him as a player. whaddya think? center, winger, defenseman, or goalie?

lol, no, it was against the islanders. but rooting against boston is a nyc pasttime. ;)

we play nhl-slapshot on our wii a lot, and it has the ability to create players. i'm going to create a player named "papa beier" in your dad's honour and draft him on the canucks. (get it? papa bear/papa beier...)

it'll be fun to have him as a player. whaddya think? center, winger, defenseman, or goalie?
Oh, Bucky T you are amazing! :)

Dad is not an official Beier but I am going to tell him what you said and he will be thrilled! Seriously. He loves hockey and we have been thinking about getting a Wii so we can play it with him. And he will love the Papa Beier/Bear alot. Thanks for giving me something neat to tell him tomorrow.

As for position? Here's a story he loves to tell. When my Dad was in university he was the backup to the backup goalie for a school team. They did not use masks in those days.He and my Mom went to a game and the first goalie was taken out early in the first period by a puck in the side of the throat. They brought in the backup goalie and acknowledged Dad was there but didn't rush to get him suited up. Well, 10 - 15 minutes later the backup goalie was hit as well and carried off the ice. My Mom was apparently terrified and did not want my Dad going into the game but he couldn't say no (and he really wanted to). So, sure enough, the first puck hit him square on the nose and broke it. He got it taped and stayed in for the rest of the game, which his team won by a landslide.

So Goalie it is! :)

lol, great story. ok, he will be the canucks newest goalie, broken nose and all.

you know what they say about hockey players as compared to other sports.

when baseball players get hurt, they're out for half the season.

basketball players are out for a few weeks when injured.

in football, they miss a game or two.

but in hockey, they tape an aspirin to it and are back out for their next shift. :)

On Sunday the 22nd, SO and I are leaving for two weeks in Aruba. I'll stay in touch. The timeshare has Wifi and I'll probably log in at night while SO is watching TV. We'll be home on Super Bowl Sunday in time for the game.

So save my place. If you're looking for me, I'll be here...

Attachments

• DSC01228.jpg
    DSC01228.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 277
On Sunday the 22nd, SO and I are leaving for two weeks in Aruba. I'll stay in touch. The timeshare has Wifi and I'll probably log in at night while SO is watching TV. We'll be home on Super Bowl Sunday in time for the game.

So save my place. If you're looking for me, I'll be here...

Nice, Andy! I know you'll enjoy yourself. Have one for me!

You will be back in time to see the Pats win yet another superbowl. GO PATS!!!:cool:

Have a great time and take a pic of that tan.

You'll have a great time in the sun Andy! Have my favorite breakfast drink every day in the Caribbean.

Dirty Banana

Milk, ice, banana, Tia Maria, blended. :yum::angel:;)

You will be back in time to see the Pats win yet another superbowl. GO PATS!!!:cool:

Have a great time and take a pic of that tan.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game as soon as we get home. I'll see if I can get a picture of me tanned. If not, I'll post a picture of someone else with a tan.:ROFLMAO:

Have a good time, Andy.
And my vote is of someone else with a tan :angel:

Just thought I'd check in. Between the holidays, then sick kids, sick me, and some other stressors thrown in there, I haven't been on in a while. We're in the process of moving, so it'll likely be another few weeks before I'm on with any regularity. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.

LP, I'm sorry to hear you and your father are having hard times. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Andy, I'm glad to hear you'll be having good times.

Be safe and take care, all!

Back
Top Bottom