Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just glad and very happy that you are all right along with our other members. What has shocked me the most is that New York City and major cities in New Jersey got hit so hard. The pictures of so much devastation is shocking and overwhelming. People arrivng in shelters in their bare feet and night clothing. Only minutes to get out and to safety. Every day my prayers are with them. :angel:

I am just glad and very happy that you are all right along with our other members. What has shocked me the most is that New York City and major cities in New Jersey got hit so hard. The pictures of so much devastation is shocking and overwhelming. People arrivng in shelters in their bare feet and night clothing. Only minutes to get out and to safety. Every day my prayers are with them. :angel:
We had minutes to get out. The water went from 1 inch to feet in minutes. The surge was surprising.

Msmofet, glad to see you checked in and very sorry for what you all are going through :(

Msmofet, glad to see you checked in and very sorry for what you all are going through :(
Thank you for the kind thoughts. It has been pretty stressful but hopefully all the power will be back everywhere and things will get back to normal.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. It has been pretty stressful but hopefully all the power will be back everywhere and things will get back to normal.

Two of my co- workers are still without power. One of them has a generator, the other does not. Tonight we go trick or treating! The snow has melted on the roads but it's still pretty cold and quite a few trees down. My phone line is still out but I have my cell! We can handle snow around here, pretty used to it, I know you all in NY and NJ have suffered 10 X as much as us. ((hugs))

I had a set up a service appointment (online outage report) for phone repair for monday. I just got a call from Verizon tech. She will be here in 20 minutes!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Please don't send out the search parties if I don't post much over the next while. I have been having severe pain issues in my hands and back which are making sitting at the computer and typing difficult. I am okay, it is just the arthritis progressing and my fibromyalgia in a severe flare because of all the damp weather we have been having. I will definitely be stopping by but won't be writing my usual novels ;)

My sleep patterns are all off as well. I am finding I am up half the night and sleeping half the day.:( But I am able to use my newfound coping skills and that is good!

Please don't send out the search parties if I don't post much over the next while. I have been having severe pain issues in my hands and back which are making sitting at the computer and typing difficult. I am okay, it is just the arthritis progressing and my fibromyalgia in a severe flare because of all the damp weather we have been having. I will definitely be stopping by but won't be writing my usual novels ;)

My sleep patterns are all off as well. I am finding I am up half the night and sleeping half the day.:( But I am able to use my newfound coping skills and that is good!
(((hugs)))

Type the occasional "+1"., so we know you are alive and kicking. ;)

I'm going quasi-MIA. I will post the e-book cookbooks (if I don't go to bed before I receive the notice). My sleep patterns are off, my fibromyalgia is also flaring (might just have to give up this helping the chef thing--I spend too much time in the "fridge" a/k/a meat locker). I come home achy, tired, and stiff. When I'm not there, I'm sleeping under my electric blanket and down comforter. Not fun.

I'm going quasi-MIA. I will post the e-book cookbooks (if I don't go to bed before I receive the notice). My sleep patterns are off, my fibromyalgia is also flaring (might just have to give up this helping the chef thing--I spend too much time in the "fridge" a/k/a meat locker). I come home achy, tired, and stiff. When I'm not there, I'm sleeping under my electric blanket and down comforter. Not fun.
(((hugs)))

Take care of yourself!

Hang in there, CWS! You will be back, and we look forward to it!

i totally understand, cws. My hands have gone on strike from arthritis, fibromyalgia and the cold wet days. too bad we are at opposite ends of the country. we could keep each other company :angel: take good care.

i come on and type a bit but just get real tired fast. So know i am here. i am afraid grammar spelling, punctuation and capitals are out the window for now.

Just in case anyone reads this one, I have been making a difficult effort to type because I need my friends right now, but instead I think I need a break. I may be back after the weather clears, my hands and back settle down (if they do) and after my angiogram and follow-up are done.

I will continue to pray for and send good thoughts to those who are really in need here.

To those who have replied, thank you. Your support is truly appreciated.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone reads this one, I have been making a difficult effort to type because I need my friends right now, but instead I think I need a break. I may be back after the weather clears, my hands and back settle down (if they do) and after my angiogram and follow-up are done.

I will continue to pray for and send good thoughts to those who are really in need here.

To those who have replied, thank you. Your support is truly appreciated.
Take care of yourself sweetie. I wish we weren't so far away from you. :( As always our prayers are with you.

Back
Top Bottom