"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #331
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I am taking the computer and might pop in a bit this coming week, but I didn't want to have anyone worry when I drop off for a bit. I'm on holiday in the mountains and will be busy doing things like whitewater rafting, swimming, water sliding, tennis, golf, lazing pool side, sleeping late. All the usual stuff. Back sometime on the 17th but will have guests from out of town so might be back online later.
So just anpther typical lazy holiday.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #332
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
have fun and be safe, alix. don't let ken tease any bears.

does he run faster than you? 'cause, you don't have to outrun the bear, just your hiking buddy.

i'd bring a squirt gun full of honey just in case he gets a lead on ya...
Oh Lord!!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #333
Master Chef

Quote:
I am taking the computer and might pop in a bit this coming week, but I didn't want to have anyone worry when I drop off for a bit. I'm on holiday in the mountains and will be busy doing things like whitewater rafting, swimming, water sliding, tennis, golf, lazing pool side, sleeping late. All the usual stuff. Back sometime on the 17th but will have guests from out of town so might be back online later.
Have a wonderful holiday in the mountains Alix!! Are you camping? I guess not, if you have a pool for lazing although I remember some campgrounds with pools. Ohhhhh how I love whitewater rafting!! I remember getting a "glacial facial" on a wild river in Alaska! Great fun!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #334
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
have fun and be safe, alix. don't let ken tease any bears.

does he run faster than you? 'cause, you don't have to outrun the bear, just your hiking buddy.

i'd bring a squirt gun full of honey just in case he gets a lead on ya...
He DOES run faster than I do, but he has a gimpy knee and I can kick hard!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #335
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Just a note to let y'all know that I may lose internet service. A week or two ago my line got cut by some contractors and a temporary line was installed. The permanent line is still pending. I lost service a few minutes ago. I went out to the road where the temp line is laying across the road, gave it a good shake and my service is back but it will likely go again. We shall see how long it lasts.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #336
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Just a note to let y'all know that I may lose internet service. A week or two ago my line got cut by some contractors and a temporary line was installed. The permanent line is still pending. I lost service a few minutes ago. I went out to the road where the temp line is laying across the road, gave it a good shake and my service is back but it will likely go again. We shall see how long it lasts.
Thanks for letting us know. I sure hope it doesn't go away for long at time.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #337
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot
Hope it gets fixed soon, Hoot! People driving over my internet every day wouldn't make me too happy.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #338
Certified Cake Maniac

Alix, have a marvelous time away!

Hoot, we had this problem in our old house only a semi trying to park in our neighbour's yard took out our cable, telephone, everything except electricity. Took weeks to get it all fixed. I hope it works out for you soon.

Margi, my concern was more about the abruptness and wording. It is not like Blissful. We all have concern for each other and express it here. I understand all the different reasons people come and go - but still get concerned. That is what makes this place special.

And while I am on the subject, I may not be around a lot from now until next weekend. Our youth conference starts Monday and I am busy trying to get things organized for my kitchen crew. Then I will be there basically all day just making sure things go smoothly. I absolutely love this week. I will pop in once in awhile but probably late or early in the day.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #339
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
That is what I see you doing the most of...
Old 08-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #340
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That is what I see you doing the most of...
Now, now, Princess, jealousy will get you nowhere. And by the way, if you see her doing it all the time, what are you doing? Um Just sayin!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote