Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been an emotional roller coaster since Sandy hit. Between storm issues/damage and health issues it has really run me down. It has all caught up with me and I wasn't able to sleep last night or eat today (stomach is feeling queasy). I think I am going to play hooky from work today. I lost so much time from work due to the storm (they were out of power for a week) and food poisoning) I don't think 1 more day is going to make it much worse. I think I deserve a day to just decompress (a mental health day).
Yes, I think you deserve a day to decompress. I think and hope that "1 more day" will make a very good difference.

It has been an emotional roller coaster since Sandy hit. Between storm issues/damage and health issues it has really run me down. It has all caught up with me and I wasn't able to sleep last night or eat today (stomach is feeling queasy). I think I am going to play hooky from work today. I lost so much time from work due to the storm (they were out of power for a week) and food poisoning) I don't think 1 more day is going to make it much worse. I think I deserve a day to just decompress (a mental health day).

wishing for you and your family a peaceful day of sharing and relaxation--a no stress, no obligations thanksgiving day. someone once said, and i think it was coleridge, that 'thanksgiving is a memory of the heart.' msm, try to hold your memories close to your heart. and you will see better times ahead. hold on to those near and dear to you.

oh msm, it is a good thing that you took this day off from work. only i think you need to consider getting away for a longer time than just one or two days. you really need a break, a physical separation from the losses surrounding you in your town. i hope you will consider doing this for yourself. i think about you often, msm, wish there was a way to make your burdens easier somehow. hugs....

Lots of Hugs MsM. I haven't forgotten, no response from the insurance co...I have another option and will contact them on Friday.

MSM, so glad you had a "mental health day". Hope you can enjoy the holiday. I know that even with everything that has happened to you of late, that you have much to be thankful for just as the rest of us do. I'm thinking of you often.

Not that I have been a real regular contributor for the past couple years:)....but I had great intentions to start posting again. It has been about 19 months since my husband died, and I am about to embark on a major change. I am making progress on selling the farm and moving to New Mexico, to be a neighbor to one of my sisters. The closing on the farm should be scheduled next week. I have bought a lot, really a sandbox:LOL:, and intend to move in January. From there, I will be building a new house. So, I hope to be back posting by next summer, once I figure out how to grow vegetables in the high desert:huh:. Whew!

Not that I have been a real regular contributor for the past couple years:)....but I had great intentions to start posting again. It has been about 19 months since my husband died, and I am about to embark on a major change. I am making progress on selling the farm and moving to New Mexico, to be a neighbor to one of my sisters. The closing on the farm should be scheduled next week. I have bought a lot, really a sandbox:LOL:, and intend to move in January. From there, I will be building a new house. So, I hope to be back posting by next summer, once I figure out how to grow vegetables in the high desert:huh:. Whew!
Beth,
my thoughts go with you. I'm wishing you the very best and while we will miss you I know you have much to look forward to and I also wish you much happiness.Building anew house, thats wonderful.
cj

Last edited:
Praying that the move goes well Beth. It will be quite an adjustment living in NM from OH!! Having your sister nearby will help loads. Wishing you the best and come back when you can. We'll leave the light on for you!

Praying that the move goes well Beth. It will be quite an adjustment living in NM from OH!! Having your sister nearby will help loads. Wishing you the best and come back when you can. We'll leave the light on for you!

+1

Take care, Beth!

beth, you have brought marvelous news--moving nearby your sister. being close to family can be such a comfort and welcome support. separating from your farm, and friends will take some getting used to for sure, but, as you know beth, major changes in life are always a double-sided thing. some things are best left behind though, and your future holds a whole new world for you to explore and make your own.

you say you'll be building a house--that's an experience i always wanted for myself since my early twenties, but not all things bend to your will or wishes,as we come to realize. it will be a lot of hard work and responsibility for you, but how tremendously exciting planning your very own house is going to be! you will bring your personality to life in your new place, and it will be good to be kept busy too, while you wait to fall in love with your new home and surroundings. soon enough, you will be putting in new roots in your vegetable garden, as well as growing roots of your own in that high desert landscape of new mexico.

we will miss you beth, while you are preparing for your new life, but hope to see you on the back porch of dc by summertime next year. best wishes for you in the times ahead, keep a good thought, and godspeed....:)

Last edited:
It is so good to see you back and posting, Beth! You are sure making a big change in your life! As for growing vegetables in the dessert, I think your green thumb will work anywhere! :)

I'm so sorry to hear of you loss, beth. I must have been gone at that time. I'll miss you but look forward to summer when you can return. Meanwhile, I'll say a prayer that God will guide you and protect you, and that he will give you strength and courage to continue on as you are doing. You're doing great. Be well.

I messaged Harry a few weeks ago but he did not get back...I have seen Bolas online, but not posting :ermm:

I just popped in to find out about Harry, also... and Margi and Uncle Bob...
I was hoping I did not have to wade through several pages of posts here and if anyone knew offhand. Harry and Margi posted some nice recipes, but I miss Harry's pics the most.

ETA: I did not see if perhaps they were hanging out in different forums, like games or something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom