Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guilty. I used to make prank calls with my buddies.
Those were the days... no caller ID!

mine was merely a poor imitation of "sideway's" use of emoticons and text-speak. her posts were difficult to follow, and her smilies, exhausting. how did she manage to leave dc without a trace like that?

she sleeps with the fishes now. :cool:

You're talking like a Joisey boy now :LOL:

You must have been off that day, Zhiz. ;)
Just another would be spammer who made her presence known while he was here. Her avie was a sideways red-haired woman. Then for some reason she flipped it 180 and had it laying the other way :wacko:

the mia heavy on my mind this morning is the Boot. yes, this monopoly token has been strolling past go, and smartly side-stepping the 'go to jail immediately' card ever since 1935. it is in grave danger today.
the fix was in yesterday, and a vote taken, to determine the fate of our old friend, the boot. the official result of this vote has not yet been released as of this morning.

i tell you, i am heartsick. one of my favorite player tokens, the shoe, could be summarily replaced by one of the new monopoly tokens currently being considered: a helicopter, a ring, a robot, or a guitar....

couldn't the boot and the guitar just team up, travel the board together, as road-touring gypsy bards, or something?

Last edited:
they're changing monopoly?

the next thing you know they'll have the streets named after those in seaside heights (instead of atlantic city) to honour the sandy victims, and the characters will be snooki and her ilk from "the jersey shore".

gag.

Why don't they just start over with new tokens? They could have two sets of Monopoly, traditional and new.

I can kind of understand getting rid of my favorite flatiron. Permanent press has taken over the chore, but the BOOT? I love that boot, and all the rest for that matter.

I can see it now, old Monopoly sets with the original tokens being auctioned off at Christie's for MILLIONS of $.

Ah, I get it. By threatening our love of the original game, they are creating new interest in the game. Another sales ploy!

Last edited:
the boot is safe! it is official-- the iron has been eliminated. instead of the iron, we will have the cat. i can't summons a forceful defense for keeping the iron, as i would for the boot. nor do i have any quarrel with a kitty climbing a-board.:) scottie, the dog will have someone to play, and fight with....:)

Last edited:
they're changing monopoly?

the next thing you know they'll have the streets named after those in seaside heights (instead of atlantic city) to honour the sandy victims, and the characters will be snooki and her ilk from "the jersey shore".

gag.

:wacko:;) Bite your tongue man, bite your tongue. Please keep in mind that some of our dearest members here in DC were hurt by Sandy. Isn't the wreckage of the storm enough trash? Do we need to be reminded forever of the days of mindless TV? :angel:

Whew! Thanks for the info Vit. No, I can understand and approve getting rid of the flatiron. I HATE ironing!

A kitty? How soon can I see the new kitty? I'm all for that!

Whew! Thanks for the info Vit. No, I can understand and approve getting rid of the flatiron. I HATE ironing!

A kitty? How soon can I see the new kitty? I'm all for that!

The Scotty and the Kitty can chase each other around the board. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom