"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #431
Chef Extraordinaire

Babe my dear one, so glad to see you here with us. It just makes my day . Don't let the eye surgery daunt you. I just finished both eyes and I'm so gratful to have done this. I can see for miles, don't need glasses to drive,watch TV I can see better than as a child. the one bug a boo is glasses to see the computer and recipes. Have to use them when I paint and cook but one thing takes the place of another. I'm so happy to see you back here with us. These last few days and months have been hard for you I'm sure. But I know you will bounce back and be our Babe once more. Many hugs my friend please let us help if it is possible.
Take care sweetie, we all love you
kades

Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #432
Sous Chef

Babetoo, glad to see you

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #433
Certified Pretend Chef

Good to have you back, babe.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #434
Master Chef

Welcome back Babe!! Missed you. XOXOXOXOXOX
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #435
Certified Pretend Chef

Thursday (9/20) I'm having rotator cuff surgery. I'll be around early then off to the hospital. I don't think I'll be around on Thursday. After that, typing may be an issue.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #436
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thursday (9/20) I'm having rotator cuff surgery. I'll be around early then off to the hospital. I don't think I'll be around on Thursday. After that, typing may be an issue.
Take good care of yourself Andy! Maybe your SO can type or you can do a "im fine" one-handed in a couple of days just so we know you are all right.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #437
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers go with you Andy. My son had that last year. Be prepared for pain in the cold weather. As stated in a previous post, for some strange reason, cold weather the first winter affects the incision. The second winter and others following are just fine. Dress really warm and nurture that arm with a great deal of love and care. Don't try to push the healing process faster than it wants to go. And follow the doctors orders.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #438
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Put the CAPS LOCK key on and use one hand. We will understand that you are not yelling.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #439
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Best wishes on the surgery Andy. Please do check in here and let us know how it is going. We won't mind one handed typing with typos.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #440
Certified Pretend Chef

I just realized SO's new iPad has a dictation feature so I can speak my posts. Now that should provide some interesting posts!