Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am back everyone :)

We had a lovely trip away for 3 days, nice to be home now though :)

Welcome home Kylie and thanks for taking all of us along !! It was fun to hear about your travels and all that great food while you were on the road.

Now why would she want to frown when she has a DH that takes her on great three-day holidays. Any other DH would want to spend his free time at the golf course. :angel:

Not mine. He likes to spend his time with his "best girl." ;)

Went MIA three years ago because I decided I had been spending way too much time online in various forums and boards. Now that I've distanced myself from just about all those places I've decided to come back to one - DC. :chef: Missed you guys and the topics here. Now if I can just maintain a balance in my life between getting things done and playing here I'll let myself stick around without resorting to the drastic measure of going cold turkey again.

BTW, it's great to see so many familiar names. Like Old Home Week. :)

Thanks Hoot! And congratulations to you on your newly acquired edumacation! Good luck with the job hunt, although IT jobs are out there. My own DH was laid off almost 17 months ago, right after he turned 63, when his company downsized. He was in IT for 37 years. He's been looking for a job since then and sees all kinds of jobs out there. Unfortunately (for him) they are being filled by newly-minted IT experts who will work for less than the very generous salary he was getting. Like you! It's all good - She Who Does The Budget actually planned it so that he could retire at 62. Unfortunately, once he hit that age, it also hit us how much health insurance was going to cost.:ohmy: He pretty much worked for our coverage that last year...

Thanks Hoot! And congratulations to you on your newly acquired edumacation! Good luck with the job hunt, although IT jobs are out there. My own DH was laid off almost 17 months ago, right after he turned 63, when his company downsized. He was in IT for 37 years. He's been looking for a job since then and sees all kinds of jobs out there. Unfortunately (for him) they are being filled by newly-minted IT experts who will work for less than the very generous salary he was getting. Like you! It's all good - She Who Does The Budget actually planned it so that he could retire at 62. Unfortunately, once he hit that age, it also hit us how much health insurance was going to cost.:ohmy: He pretty much worked for our coverage that last year...
Thank you!
I am no stranger to the facts of life about finding employment. I hope things will smooth out for y'all soon.

There is an honors convocation today at the school.
I am on the President's List, and the Who's Who Among American College Students, the NCCCS Academic Excellence Award and am sharing the school's Computer Technology Dept. Student of the Year award with a former co-worker from the paper mill (and one of my good friends).
I reckon I will have to break out my fancy duds!

Last edited:
I am on the President's List, and the Who's Who Among American College Students, the NCCCS Academic Excellence Award and am sharing the school's Computer Technology Dept. Student of the Year award with a former co-worker from the paper mill (and one of my good friends).
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, "We're proud of you, Hoot."

At least you will be getting some use out of those fancy duds.

Thank you!
I am no stranger to the facts of life about finding employment. I hope things will smooth out for y'all soon.

Whoa! Hoot, few ever get those awards! Have fun with the fancy duds!

Mucho congrats!

Thank you!

Wow Hoot, with all of those honors I hope you don't go getting all big-ego'd on us and stop being nice. :LOL: Yeah, I'm thinking that wouldn't happen. Congrats again.

Thank you!

WOW! Please remember to uses your computer powers for good rather than evil.

lol, andy. there actually are courses for "ethical hacking" offered now in colleges and trade schools. they're intended to teach programmers and engineers how to protect their systems.

lol, andy. there actually are courses for "ethical hacking" offered now in colleges and trade schools. they're intended to teach programmers and engineers how to protect their systems.

I know it's not computer related, but I was astounded, ASTOUNDED to learn that some colleges offer brewing classes and what not. . . SIGN ME UP! I've had lots of practice drinking the stuff, and if you can boil water, you can make beer. Makes me want to go get a proper education!

and to think i dropped out after 2 years of college in nyc. :ohmy:

but i eventually grew up and got my degree from princeton where they frown on drinking and driving.

Back
Top Bottom