"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #581
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
I am just glad and very happy that you are all right along with our other members. What has shocked me the most is that New York City and major cities in New Jersey got hit so hard. The pictures of so much devastation is shocking and overwhelming. People arrivng in shelters in their bare feet and night clothing. Only minutes to get out and to safety. Every day my prayers are with them.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #582
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am just glad and very happy that you are all right along with our other members. What has shocked me the most is that New York City and major cities in New Jersey got hit so hard. The pictures of so much devastation is shocking and overwhelming. People arrivng in shelters in their bare feet and night clothing. Only minutes to get out and to safety. Every day my prayers are with them.
We had minutes to get out. The water went from 1 inch to feet in minutes. The surge was surprising.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #583
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Msmofet, glad to see you checked in and very sorry for what you all are going through
__________________
"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #584
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Msmofet, glad to see you checked in and very sorry for what you all are going through
Thank you for the kind thoughts. It has been pretty stressful but hopefully all the power will be back everywhere and things will get back to normal.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #585
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you for the kind thoughts. It has been pretty stressful but hopefully all the power will be back everywhere and things will get back to normal.
Two of my co- workers are still without power. One of them has a generator, the other does not. Tonight we go trick or treating! The snow has melted on the roads but it's still pretty cold and quite a few trees down. My phone line is still out but I have my cell! We can handle snow around here, pretty used to it, I know you all in NY and NJ have suffered 10 X as much as us. ((hugs))
__________________
"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #586
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,493
I had a set up a service appointment (online outage report) for phone repair for monday. I just got a call from Verizon tech. She will be here in 20 minutes!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #587
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,882
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I had a set up a service appointment (online outage report) for phone repair for monday. I just got a call from Verizon tech. She will be here in 20 minutes!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Yay!
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #588
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yay!
+1
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #589
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
Please don't send out the search parties if I don't post much over the next while. I have been having severe pain issues in my hands and back which are making sitting at the computer and typing difficult. I am okay, it is just the arthritis progressing and my fibromyalgia in a severe flare because of all the damp weather we have been having. I will definitely be stopping by but won't be writing my usual novels

My sleep patterns are all off as well. I am finding I am up half the night and sleeping half the day. But I am able to use my newfound coping skills and that is good!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #590
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,882
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Please don't send out the search parties if I don't post much over the next while. I have been having severe pain issues in my hands and back which are making sitting at the computer and typing difficult. I am okay, it is just the arthritis progressing and my fibromyalgia in a severe flare because of all the damp weather we have been having. I will definitely be stopping by but won't be writing my usual novels

My sleep patterns are all off as well. I am finding I am up half the night and sleeping half the day. But I am able to use my newfound coping skills and that is good!
(((hugs)))

Type the occasional "+1"., so we know you are alive and kicking.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.