Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take care LP. We will be thinking of you and your dad. It sounds like Dad will be all set, so that is one thing your won't have to worry about. That will allow you to concentrate on yourself. With DH at your side, you will come through just fine. You have a great support system with him. We will be looking for your return on the weekend. :chef::)

People get busy, go on vacation...take a break. Happens all the time. We just welcome them warmly when they show back up.

And post if know you're going to be away awhile. We worry when one of our regulars drops off our radar.

Say, I LIKE the sound of being a regular around here - it's a nice place!

Be safe, LP.

and about those small pies: I saw some in a local grocery store. They were priced at $7 for just two small pies!.....anyone care to open a small pie shop with me?

Anyone see the 2007 movie "Waitress"? I got to thinking, way back then, that I'd love to open a pie diner like that one. But my hubby says that although I'm a darned good cook (and pie baker), I don't have a good business head....oh well......Dreams.

Last edited:
I tried to post from the hospital, but had a lot of operator error.
Thank everyone for your kind words. I will briefly recap the events.
On 1/20/12 I went grocery shopping. The check out girl asked me if I was ok, I said I just didn't feel well. I got home and started unloading the groceries and I thought I was going to pass out. I composed myself and got everything put away. My heart would not slow down, it kept racing. I waited all night, no go. Too long I know. At 6am (01/21/12) I called myself a ambulance. I had to walk out to it because they went to the wrong apartment. I was in room 8 and my ex-daughter in-law's father (oldest grand children's grandfather) was in room 4, he had a stroke. We both got shipped up to Washington Hospital Center. He was released before me to rehab where he had a heart attach and did not make it. Anyway. On the 23 they put in 3 stints, then sent me to Echograhm. There they found Aortic valve stenosis. The disision was made to do open heart surgery so they did a bypass on the stints that were just put in. On Wednesday they found fluid building up around my heart. They were going to intibate me and put in a drain. I asked to have it done under twilight, as that is easier on me. They said NO until the next day and said they would try it. It went smoothly. Within hours I was back in my room eating dinner.
I have a long way to go to be fully rehabbed.I still feel worse then I did when I walked to my ambulance. But is it is so good to be home.:yum:

Oh, Patty, I am so sorry to hear what you had to go through. But I am glad things are slowly getting back to normal. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

My Dad is in convalescent care but is not doing as well as last time. He has been diagnosed with depression and is definitely suffering from anxiety as well. I am not going up as often (used to be at least once a day) and am alternating with my sister. I have my chronic pain program which is very intense (two full days a week) and some other health problems that I am getting a whole bunch of different tests for.

I get on here when I can. I appreciate that I am missed when I am gone, just like I miss others when they go under the radar. We are all family here and it really shows. Thanks everyone for caring.

This week is DH's first ever paid holiday (he mainly worked for himself or on contract) and with Dad looked after we are planning some day trips, relaxing with movies and TV shows we have recorded or are on Netflix, and are even taking a Valentine's Day trip.

So, my attendance will remain spotty, but know that things are okay with me. :)

Patty, I glad to hear you are doing better. Looks like you dodged a bullet. Follow doctor's orders and you'll be as good as new.

yes, patty. concentrate your efforts on helping your body to recover from the ordeal you have been through. from what i've seen, you're a spitfire, and you can do it once you set your mind to it! :) you are lucky to have had such an excellent hospital as washington hospital center available to you--especially in the area of cardiac care. that and your own mental and physical strength and determination, helped pull you through an extremely dicey situation. best wishes for your future rehab and recovery. keep a good thought.... :)

Patty!! {{{hugs}}}. What a relief that you made it through such an ordeal! Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Patty, it is IMPRESSIVE to know you walked to the ambulance! Wow! You have to come from some hardy stock there, gal!

Needless to say, we are happy to hear you are home and on the mend. What a scary ordeal. :ermm: Glad you are back online.

Patty, it is IMPRESSIVE to know you walked to the ambulance! Wow! You have to come from some hardy stock there, gal!

Needless to say, we are happy to hear you are home and on the mend. What a scary ordeal. :ermm: Glad you are back online.

Kathleen put it better than I can.

Back
Top Bottom