"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #641
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
You quack me up! LOL
He's reading jokes to me, but only if he thinks they are funny...so I wait for 5-10 minutes in between jokes. I'm headed to bed, he better not come up with anymore to tell me...

Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #642
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just thought I would check in. My cold is getting a bit better but my aches and pains are probably here for at least the winter. My kidney pain is back as well, though I am so used to it that I am monitoring it, taking the proper steps and if it gets worse or not better I will go have it looked at.
Just thought I would update things.

My pain has not lessened all day even though I have done all the normal things we do in the way of pills, fluids, etc. I would say it is worse and steady. So, when TB gets home from work in 2 hours it looks like we will be making a trip to the ER. I really don't want to, but because I have had so much trouble with my kidney since a car accident 12 years ago I am supposed to go in if certain symptoms persist.

If we do go in and I am there any length of time, I will get TB to update you all if you like. My cell phone doesn't always work in the ER but if it does I can send an update when I know something.

Positive thoughts and prayers are really needed. I am getting very tired physically with all the different pain and emotionally because of all these never ending health issues.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #643
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Gentle (((hugs))) and lots of positive thoughts going in your direction.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #644
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Hey all, just to let you all know, I'm going away starting Friday. I've not decided if I'll take my laptop with me or not. I suspect not. We'll be gone for at least 10 days and then I'll be running like a crazy woman when I get back. I'll post pictures of the cruise for you though.
Have a great time away Alix
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #645
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hope you are doing okay, LP.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #646
Certified Pretend Chef

Hang in there, sweetie. Things will get better.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #647
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just thought I would update things.

My pain has not lessened all day even though I have done all the normal things we do in the way of pills, fluids, etc. I would say it is worse and steady. So, when TB gets home from work in 2 hours it looks like we will be making a trip to the ER. I really don't want to, but because I have had so much trouble with my kidney since a car accident 12 years ago I am supposed to go in if certain symptoms persist.

If we do go in and I am there any length of time, I will get TB to update you all if you like. My cell phone doesn't always work in the ER but if it does I can send an update when I know something.

Positive thoughts and prayers are really needed. I am getting very tired physically with all the different pain and emotionally because of all these never ending health issues.
can you feel the positive thoughts coming your way, lp?--cause i've been sending them out to you quite often lately. at this time, i think the hospital is the best place for you to get the relief from all that pain that was not manageable at home. i know how exhausting severe and long-lasting pain can be, both physically and emotionally. your warm presence at dc is missed, lp. we want and wish you be well, lp. take care....
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #648
Flour Child

LPBeier,

My prayer for you is that the doctors will have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to exactly pinpoint the best approach for you, to insure a complete recovery soon.

Laurie

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #649
Chef Extraordinaire

LP, I hope you're doing well. Take care.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #650
Chef Extraordinaire

Thinking of you Laurie xxx