"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #711
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's a big change, Beth. I wish you the best.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #712
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Not that I have been a real regular contributor for the past couple years....but I had great intentions to start posting again. It has been about 19 months since my husband died, and I am about to embark on a major change. I am making progress on selling the farm and moving to New Mexico, to be a neighbor to one of my sisters. The closing on the farm should be scheduled next week. I have bought a lot, really a sandbox, and intend to move in January. From there, I will be building a new house. So, I hope to be back posting by next summer, once I figure out how to grow vegetables in the high desert. Whew!

beth, you have brought marvelous news--moving nearby your sister. being close to family can be such a comfort and welcome support. separating from your farm, and friends will take some getting used to for sure, but, as you know beth, major changes in life are always a double-sided thing. some things are best left behind though, and your future holds a whole new world for you to explore and make your own.

you say you'll be building a house--that's an experience i always wanted for myself since my early twenties, but not all things bend to your will or wishes,as we come to realize. it will be a lot of hard work and responsibility for you, but how tremendously exciting planning your very own house is going to be! you will bring your personality to life in your new place, and it will be good to be kept busy too, while you wait to fall in love with your new home and surroundings. soon enough, you will be putting in new roots in your vegetable garden, as well as growing roots of your own in that high desert landscape of new mexico.

we will miss you beth, while you are preparing for your new life, but hope to see you on the back porch of dc by summertime next year. best wishes for you in the times ahead, keep a good thought, and godspeed....:)

vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #713
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Good Luck , Beth. Take care and come back when you can.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #714
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Best wishes, Beth. New beginnings are both exciting and scary, but well worth it. I look forward to hearing of your new adventures.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #715
Chef Extraordinaire
Good luck with everything Beth and hope the move goes smoothly
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #716
Certified Cake Maniac
It is so good to see you back and posting, Beth! You are sure making a big change in your life! As for growing vegetables in the dessert, I think your green thumb will work anywhere!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #717
Flour Child
I'm so sorry to hear of you loss, beth. I must have been gone at that time. I'll miss you but look forward to summer when you can return. Meanwhile, I'll say a prayer that God will guide you and protect you, and that he will give you strength and courage to continue on as you are doing. You're doing great. Be well.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #718
Executive Chef
Anyone know where Bolas and Harry are? I really miss them.
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #719
Chef Extraordinaire
I messaged Harry a few weeks ago but he did not get back...I have seen Bolas online, but not posting
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #720
Chef Extraordinaire
I just popped in to find out about Harry, also... and Margi and Uncle Bob...
I was hoping I did not have to wade through several pages of posts here and if anyone knew offhand. Harry and Margi posted some nice recipes, but I miss Harry's pics the most.

ETA: I did not see if perhaps they were hanging out in different forums, like games or something.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote