"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #761
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
didn't know where to put this so here we go. eye surgery postponed. doctor has ordered many tests, we need to find out why i keep falling. initial ekg showed some beats to slow and some to fast. so next wed. will have a gadget put on to track a 24 hour ekg. could be as simple as a pace maker,. blood work and more blood work. and a head mri, could be problem from one of the early falls,. i would really like to get the bottom of it. i am sick of black eyes, black and blue almost anywhere from falling and time before last stitches in the top of my head. wish for me it is something simple that can be fixed.
I'm so glad this is being looked in to. I worry about you! Lots of hugs and my good thoughts that an answer will be found.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #762
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, lord, Babe, sure hope they can get to the bottom of this! Take care, sweetie, and please keep us posted!

{{{{{Babe}}}}}}}
+1

(((Hugs)))

Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #763
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
+1

(((Hugs)))
+2

Oh my gosh Babe. Prayers going out! Take care of you! Falls can be so awful.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #764
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, you have all my thoughts and prayers and love! Take good care and let us know what they say. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Babetoo!}}}}}}}}}}}}}

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #765
Chef Extraordinaire

thank you for all the good wishes. i trust this doctor so feel ok about what he is doing
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #766
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thank you for all the good wishes. i trust this doctor so feel ok about what he is doing
I'm praying for wisdom for your doctor Babe.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #767
Chef Extraordinaire

Dang, buckaroo...I turn my back for a minute and you start picking your nose again. Seriously, though, hope everything turns out OK for my lil bro
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #768
Honey Badger

I just wanted to let you guys know now, before the phone starts ringing off the hook again and I won't have time for a while to have my cup of morning coffee with you all. What's been going on lately around here.

My Mother hasn't been doing well. Her health has dramatically been declining this week. My Sister called me and let me know Mom has very little time left. She had no one else on my side of the family to to talk to. She says I'm the best Therapist. Good non judgmental sounding board. We did talk about the final arrangements.
My heart just goes out to her right now. She's been working so hard taking care of Mom, juggling life and family at the same time.

It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride these past few days. I've contacted family members that my Mom has in her mind gone back to. What they once were. She is, in her mind back home. One stunning youthful beauty. Having the time of her life.

I'm happy for her that she's in a place mentally where she wants to be. Thankful that the people that she loves so dearly have the opportunity to talk with her. Hopefully not for the last time. Moms side of the family writes to me often. Every letter or card I receive from them I'd call Mom and read them to her. She just loved that. I have one more that I just received that I hope sometime today that I'll be able to read to her.

In a way this is all a blessing. Hard as it is to know time is short,that were all able to help her tie up loose ties that's been on her mind for a while now. She talked with a few of them last night by phone. I've heard that by the end of their conversations that she had the biggest smile on her face last night. I'm alright, ecstatic about that.

Munky.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #769
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Dang, buckaroo...I turn my back for a minute and you start picking your nose again. Seriously, though, hope everything turns out OK for my lil bro
ROFL! thanks, sis. glad to see you here once again.

if i haven't done it already or missed someone, thank you kindly for the wonderful welcome back.

babe, i'll keep you in my thoughts in my daily rosary today. of the things that i've lost over the past few months (my mind being one of them), i've not lost my faith. my petition today will be for you., if that's ok.

and munky, your post about your mom is all about perspective. your mom truely is blessed to have you to take care of her, and those blessings will be repaid to you someday.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #770
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know now, before the phone starts ringing off the hook again and I won't have time for a while to have my cup of morning coffee with you all. What's been going on lately around here.

My Mother hasn't been doing well. Her health has dramatically been declining this week. My Sister called me and let me know Mom has very little time left. She had no one else on my side of the family to to talk to. She says I'm the best Therapist. Good non judgmental sounding board. We did talk about the final arrangements.
My heart just goes out to her right now. She's been working so hard taking care of Mom, juggling life and family at the same time.

It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride these past few days. I've contacted family members that my Mom has in her mind gone back to. What they once were. She is, in her mind back home. One stunning youthful beauty. Having the time of her life.

I'm happy for her that she's in a place mentally where she wants to be. Thankful that the people that she loves so dearly have the opportunity to talk with her. Hopefully not for the last time. Moms side of the family writes to me often. Every letter or card I receive from them I'd call Mom and read them to her. She just loved that. I have one more that I just received that I hope sometime today that I'll be able to read to her.

In a way this is all a blessing. Hard as it is to know time is short,that were all able to help her tie up loose ties that's been on her mind for a while now. She talked with a few of them last night by phone. I've heard that by the end of their conversations that she had the biggest smile on her face last night. I'm alright, ecstatic about that.

Munky.

Hugs, Munky! This just makes me happy knowing that your family has made this the best for your Mom that they can. You are all in my thoughts.