Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what worries me Munky. Her health (physically and depression) were not good and she took breaks many times but this is the longest. Her last post was June of 2013, unless she pm'd anyone.

Don't let it worry you.
Babe is probably staying with family.Happily sewing away new dresses for her Grand daughters-Great grand kids to.:wub:
If that's the case she's a happy lady.

I wrote in the What Are You Doing? thread that we have taken in two emergency foster children this week. Yesterday we spent almost 7 hours waiting in a tiny examining room in the ER while a barrage of nurses came in to "play" with the kids (a 4 year old girl and 3 year old boy) to study their behaviours and earn their trust. Finally, after the 6th hour the person we were waiting for arrived to do an examination of the children's bruises...all over their bodies.

The story is that the boy is biting the girl, and from what I have seen I think that may be partly true...but they are antagonizing each other a and if he is biting, why has he been able to do it so often when the Mom's reason for not cleaning her house is she is spending all her time with the kids?

Anyway, the reason for my writing in MIA is that I may not be around a lot for the next while as we deal with this heartbreaking situation. And if I do stop by you will probably find me in the "Venting" thread ;)

LP, they're such little people with such big problems. :( I hope you're able to help them find some semblance of normalcy. I'm sure you and TB will give them lots of love. Good luck with this tough situation. (hugs)

LP, they're such little people with such big problems. :( I hope you're able to help them find some semblance of normalcy. I'm sure you and TB will give them lots of love. Good luck with this tough situation. (hugs)
Thanks, CG. We are doing our best. And if I vent it will be because of their circumstances, their grandparents and the government system. The two of them can be frustrating but it is not their fault at all.

Tonight the battle we picked was bedtime and sleeping in "your own beds". It took until 11:00 and a lot of tears but it worked. Wonderful Violet curled up on the girl's bed with her, tucked right in against her back. The girl giggled with joy and tears instantly stopped. I love my dog! In fact Vi is still in their room on the floor. She doesn't even know that she has her own bed set up again in our new makeshift bedroom. She wants to be with them because they need her just like when I am not well. Did I say I love my dog.

Well, I am very tired and hope that I can sleep. We have nothing planned for tomorrow except some shopping and maybe we will take them to Steveston. It is a waterfront community with a wonderful off leash dog park right along the river and lots of places to shop and eat. I am hoping for fish and chips off the pier followed by the best hand churned ice cream you have ever tasted.

Thanks, CG. We are doing our best. And if I vent it will be because of their circumstances, their grandparents and the government system. The two of them can be frustrating but it is not their fault at all.

Tonight the battle we picked was bedtime and sleeping in "your own beds". It took until 11:00 and a lot of tears but it worked. Wonderful Violet curled up on the girl's bed with her, tucked right in against her back. The girl giggled with joy and tears instantly stopped. I love my dog! In fact Vi is still in their room on the floor. She doesn't even know that she has her own bed set up again in our new makeshift bedroom. She wants to be with them because they need her just like when I am not well. Did I say I love my dog.

Well, I am very tired and hope that I can sleep. We have nothing planned for tomorrow except some shopping and maybe we will take them to Steveston. It is a waterfront community with a wonderful off leash dog park right along the river and lots of places to shop and eat. I am hoping for fish and chips off the pier followed by the best hand churned ice cream you have ever tasted.
I have a friend who (with her husband) fosters children with special behavioural needs. I don't know how they do it as he is 71 and she's in her late 60s and they must have had dozens of foster kids through their hands over the years. They have 2 grown up children of their own and 6 grandchildren. Some of the foster children they'd had have been real problem cases but they have a good success rate. They must be good at what they do as one of their foster children who is now grown up and working still lives with them and another who lives independently still visits regularly and they are both charming young men.

You have to be really special people to do what you do.

Thanks, Mad cook.

We have got to the point where we are allowed to have the Mom stay here with us and the kids. This was because we reported to the Ministry that the Mom is very good with her kids and they need each other. Tomorrow we are letting them have three hours together unsupervised and it looks like they will be all going home together mid next week. The kids are responding well to this and I was able to have a good sleep last night and even slept in most of the morning.

TB is back to work but we still don't have a lot of down time which is why I haven't been around much. I love you all and look forward to being back full time soon.

Hang in there LP! We know you're doing a good deed, a great service for this little family. Once you help them work through this bump in the road we'll recommend you to solve the world's problems. ;) See you back here full time soon. Till then, a hug to help you get by.
smiley-hug008.gif

Hang in there LP! We know you're doing a good deed, a great service for this little family. Once you help them work through this bump in the road we'll recommend you to solve the world's problems. ;) See you back here full time soon. Till then, a hug to help you get by.
smiley-hug008.gif
That sounds more like a threat than a promise
:LOL:

Where's Pacanis?

He hasn't been around since the 21st. Before that there were 3 and 6 day gaps in his posts.

Anyone know his situation?

His PM box is full so I can't PM him.

Apologies to mobile app users.

Pacanis was on the 12th then no posts until the 18th then skip to the 21st which was the last time. Not his usual pattern with multiple daily posts.

I remembered a PM from pac a while ago, back when I mentioned here I should stay away until I get more stuff done around the house and garden. He mentioned he was going to be around less too for basically the same thing. I guess he's been more successful about avoiding DC than I have been.

Back
Top Bottom