Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a wonderful time, Laurie and TB! :)

Kayelle, I want to thank you for your advice to Laurie, too. DH and I are going on our 30th anniversary cruise in February and these tips are helpful for me, too. I'm planning to have a motorized scooter by then, too.

:clap: That's wonderful GG !! Glad I could help. Where are you headed?

We're doing the Western Caribbean, leaving out of New Orleans. We'll spend three days in NoLa before we leave. Here are the stops:

Attachments

• WCarib_NewOrleans.gif
    WCarib_NewOrleans.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 173
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and Kayelle, a special thank you to you. I actually have my Dad's wheelchair and was wondering if I should bring it along. A friend actually suggested it because she has MS and they went last year. She ended up borrowing one for a couple of the shore excursions. I won't need it much I am sure as we have picked ones with an "easy" level of activity, but I guess it never hurts. I am also getting a pick foot for my cane - we aren't planning on going onto the glaciers, but I have it in case.

We used the wheelchair at our fairgrounds last year when I was getting around a lot better than I am now and I enjoyed myself a lot more than if I had been walking.

Also thanks for the tip about the muster station.

GG that is really exciting. My parents took two Caribbean cruises and loved them. We mainly picked Alaska because we have both wanted to see it and because it leaves out of Vancouver so I don't have to deal with flights and hotel rooms before and after. We can get on board and get settled in.

Laurie, I would absolutely take your Dad's wheelchair since you have one. If you don't, I know you will wish you had it with you if you need it.

An even better choice would be a transport chair (without the huge wheels) if you could borrow one from someone as they take up a lot less room and are lightweight. TB would be pushing you anyway. I used one of those when I broke my foot last year. My neighbor had one in her garage.

Have a wonderful time, Laurie and TB! :)

Kayelle, I want to thank you for your advice to Laurie, too. DH and I are going on our 30th anniversary cruise in February and these tips are helpful for me, too. I'm planning to have a motorized scooter by then, too.

You will have fun with that. They do break down into three pieces and can travel with you. Just remember to recharge it every night. Then you will be good to go the next day. I have had one for more than ten years and would be lost without mine. :angel:

Laurie, I would absolutely take your Dad's wheelchair since you have one. If you don't, I know you will wish you had it with you if you need it.

An even better choice would be a transport chair (without the huge wheels) if you could borrow one from someone as they take up a lot less room and are lightweight. TB would be pushing you anyway. I used one of those when I broke my foot last year. My neighbor had one in her garage.

I have one of each. And the transport one has been a blessing. It gets me out of the house even if just to go with my daughter when she is wandering through Targets or some other box store. I may not be buying anything, but it is still nice to look and see what is out there. :angel:

it is hard to believe we are on dsy 3 of our cruise. I am awake and thought I would say a quick hi. We arrive in Juneau around 1 pm and are attending a salmon cookout. My cane got us through customs and checkin in less than 1hour. we are having a very restful time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Everyone keeps telling you to enjoy that salmon. I am telling you to enjoy that hubby of yours. After all this is your long delayed honeymoon. Act like a newlywed. :angel:

I hope pac is doing OK. And Harry....I still wonder whatever happened to Harry. He was such a prolific poster in the dinner thread. Sure hope everything is OK with him, too. :)

Everyone keeps telling you to enjoy that salmon. I am telling you to enjoy that hubby of yours. After all this is your long delayed honeymoon. Act like a newlywed. :angel:

Addie, I just saw this. We DID enjoy the salmon and I DID act like a newlywed. I always enjoy that hubby of mine! :wub:

I got a note from him right before he vaporized. Basically saying the same thing. Now that it's football season I'm really missing him. We would send PMs every once in a while about our Brownies. Now that they are having a less crappy year, I wish I was getting his take on the team.

PAC get BACK here! Go Browns!

Back
Top Bottom