Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to be fair, though, a certain thickness of skin helps.
and an understanding that folks sometimes have bad days.

or weeks.

or occasionally drunk post.

or taste swamp water.

By all means, report bullying posts. The Moderation team cannot read everything, everyday, in every forum. How do we know if there is a problem if you don't tell us?

to be fair, though, a certain thickness of skin helps.
and an understanding that folks sometimes have bad days.

or weeks.

or occasionally drunk post.

or taste swamp water.
I was going to mention the bad days. I have just ignored some posts because it seemed obvious to me that the person was having a bad day.

I haven't been around much because I'm having a problem with my laptop monitor. I can't seem to make the app for the phone work. It used to work quite well.

At least you showed up, taxy! I've wondered why you haven't been on anywhere near as regular as usual. Glad to hear it's your laptop that has been "sick". I was afraid you had fallen ill. Hope your "smart" devices wise up soon!

At least you showed up, taxy! I've wondered why you haven't been on anywhere near as regular as usual. Glad to hear it's your laptop that has been "sick". I was afraid you had fallen ill. Hope your "smart" devices wise up soon!
The monitor doesn't work, so I have it hooked up to a monitor in my office, in the basement, where I have to sit on an office chair instead of lounging on the chesterfield. :ermm:

ok, i've heard a lot of excuses lately as to why folks are leaving dc, but having to sit up takes the cake....

j/k. ;)

I have a lot of deadlines between now and the end of the month. I won't be doing much in the kitchen (except for play day making s/thing for the photographer to shoot closer to the end of month) and will be limiting how many times I drop by. Gotta meet my deadlines so I can bill my clients.

I may be even more sporadic than usual. My side pain is worse than usual and I have been ignoring things like shopping, laundry and tidying up.

Plus, I have promised I will help TB with his Halloween and Christmas light shows as he is feeling bogged down with the programming and building the light boards (you know those shows to music you see all over youtube!). I can do some of the lights and also plunking in the channel numbers into the sequence program.

But I love you guys and still have to cook so will be around as much as I can.

Well today is the day for my six month assessing. Oh to have so much joy in my life! I have to have a quick talk with the dietician, PT, the NP, social worker and everyone else that is part of my medical team. A real PITA! But I will cooperate. So I will be MIA for today. By the time I get home this afternoon, I will be exhausted, but still have to go to a wake for a kid that my kids played with for many years. They lived right next door to us. He died of cancer. I am glad that it wasn't due to another overdose. It just seems like all their friends are gone due to OD. Then I will probably collapse when I get home. I have just barely recovered from Sunday's parade.

It is hard to remember I am 75 until I have weeks like this. Then I face a giant reminder called my body. :angel:

Tuesday was a very busy day for me. As a result I have overdone it. I have been sick since Tuesday night and it looks like I will be in bed for the weekend. So I most likely won't be on. :angel:

Tuesday was a very busy day for me. As a result I have overdone it. I have been sick since Tuesday night and it looks like I will be in bed for the weekend. So I most likely won't be on. :angel:

Addie; So sorry to hear you're under the weather-get better soon!

I am feeling a bit better today. I think I have turned the corner.

I sent a loooong email to Poo. He is my medical proxy. I gave him a blow by blow talk of letting him know exactly what has been happening these past months with my pain management. The problem is that I have been on Vicodin for more than eight years now and I feel that I have built up a tolerance to them. They are no longer working. My NP keeps upping my dose of Gabapentin. Those have no effect at all on my hip and spine. They are meant to control seizures and the accompanying pain. All I need of them is one in the morning and one in the evening before bed. And now I am in pain all the time. The Vicodin are now just numbing the pain. Not stopping it. And having constant pain is exhausting.

So Poo called The Pirate and he told Poo how bad I have gotten. Poo is very angry. So he is going to call my doctor this coming Friday (his day off and the day I know the doctor is in Winthrop). He doesn't care if I even get addicted, but he wants my medication of pain changed. He wants me on five or ten mgs. of Percoset. I have to agree with him. The doctor will listen to him. Sometimes it pays to have someone with more medical knowledge than yourself.

Thank you all for your well wishes. Now back to bed. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom