Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I figure they wouldn't be able to schedule an appointment for internet installation until they were actually in the house. From experience, I know the expected occupancy date and the real one usually is different. Always later than expected. Then it's arranging a convenient appointment time. Hopefully she'll be able to pop up at DC within the week, fingers crossed. Until then it's probably sneaking in a minute at work, a trip to her Mom's, or pirated access off of someone's WiFi. No time for DC that way, darn.

Addie, I figure they wouldn't be able to schedule an appointment for internet installation until they were actually in the house. From experience, I know the expected occupancy date and the real one usually is different. Always later than expected. Then it's arranging a convenient appointment time. Hopefully she'll be able to pop up at DC within the week, fingers crossed. Until then it's probably sneaking in a minute at work, a trip to her Mom's, or pirated access off of someone's WiFi. No time for DC that way, darn.

I know about that WiFi business. I have a set up here that is going that same route. Pirate uses it for internet access on his phone. I have sent up a small prayer that we hear from her soon. Here's hoping that it was heard. I miss her so fiercely. I am surprised at myself. :angel:

Hi everyone, just thought I would report in. On the weekend I was rushed to hospital with a possible stroke; thankfully it was just another in a series of TIA's (mini strokes where the symptoms usually go away after awhile). In fact I had three from Saturday noon to Sunday evening.

I still have a speech delay and slightly weak right hand as well as being very tired, but am getting better each day. I will be going to see a neurologist at a local stroke prevention clinic next Tuesday.

I just wanted to let you know why I have been scarce and won't be around much for the next while as typing and dictating are a challenge right now.

I am okay though and TB and our friend Kay are taking very good care of me.

I had a rough day today but we think it was mostly because I did not sleep last night, getting only a couple of restless hours. But on a bright note, my appointment with the neurologist is moved up to tomorrow morning. Hopefully some good will come out of it.

Dad's test results are in. He has 5 weeks' radiation therapy ahead of him. The prognosis looks good.

I'll drop by now and again, but for now, the girls and I are flying the coop. You might find me on cheftalk or chowhound (and other DCers). DC has been fun, but the back channel stuff has gotten really tedious. And you know who you are. Take care one and all.

The SousChef and I will be MIA after Thurs. until Sept. 15th. We're flying to Vancouver and will be touring western Canada with a wonderful sounding itinerary....

"Prepare to be dazzled on Tauck's action-packed western Canada tour... featuring a classic overnight rail journey from Vancouver into the Canadian Rockies, a floatplane excursion over the Gulf Islands, a ferry cruise to Victoria, an Ice Explorer ride across a glacier, and a raft trip down the Bow River. Explore the cities of Vancouver and Victoria... travel the Icefields Parkway... visit Victoria's celebrated The Butchart Gardens and the Royal BC Museum...
Vancouver's Gastown district and Bill Reid Gallery... and discover Banff and Jasper national parks from legendary inside-the-park Fairmont resorts."

We'll be flying back home from Calgary on Sept. 14th.
I better get packing!

Have a wonderful trip, Kay and SousChef! :flowers: Be sure to visit the Empress Hotel while you're in Victoria. Fabulous, breathtaking place....if I remember correctly it's a very short walk from the ferry - 10 minutes or less, it's right on the Harbor.

Butchart Gardens is astonishing. :ohmy: Can't wait to see all your pics, and you haven't even left yet! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom