Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i must have some serious abandonment issues. as self-sufficient as i think i am, i seem to be obsessing about everybody who for their own very personal reasons steps away from this dc site. found myself searching for selkie again, missing her faithfully clinical arkansas weather reports....
Vitauta, I think your devotion to your friends is very admirable. However, please don't let your emotions and imagination run away. I left last year thinking I would never come back - my personal issues were just getting too great and I was feeling like DC was a distraction not a help. I think it was 4 or 5 months, but I started to come back slowly. I am so glad I did because when Dad went extremely ill and then passed away, everyone here was so supportive.

Snip, if I remember correctly, was moving back to South Africa and wasn't when or if she would have an internet connection again.

As for Timothy, I looked at his hydroponic site and while I can't find out much without joining, it looked like it is still running just fine - only there are not a lot of users there. So maybe he had to devote his time there for awhile.

I've been wondering, too, Vit. Timothy news, anyone? Or Snip?

Oh, I hadn't caught this line before. Isn't snip the gal from South Africa? She and I became "pen pals" such as it is in these days of the internet. Her husband lost his job, she went back to her home town to live with her sister until they could sort things out, and she didn't have the use of a computer for awhile. I still write to her, hoping to connect again.

i feel confident that snip will pop up again at dc when the circumstances in her life allow, and look forward to the sparkle she brings to this forum. with tim, however, it's a whole different thing....

I hope Tim is OK, all of this talk about him is giving me a flashback to the 70's.

Timothy, where on earth did you go?

Timothy by the Buoys released in 1971.

Timothy is another I feel a connection to. Not only does he live near where I used to live, he says I remind him of his mom or grandmother (albeit that we're about the same age).

I'm looking forward to both of them coming back to join us soon!

Kadesma

I have heard from Kadesma and she has given me permission to let you know how she is doing. One eye surgery down and waiting for the second one. She can now see out of one eye with reading glasses. She is anxious to get back with us, she is in very good spirits and misses us.

I have heard from Kadesma and she has given me permission to let you know how she is doing. One eye surgery down and waiting for the second one. She can now see out of one eye with reading glasses. She is anxious to get back with us, she is in very good spirits and misses us.

Oh yeah! I'm so glad to read this. If you are in touch with her again, send her our love and well wishes.

Thank you, Claire, for the Snip update. And Claire, Aunt Bea & Vit, I share your concerns re Timothy and hope we hear from him soon.

PF, thanks for word from Kadesma, and please tell her that I'm getting a TNT deficit -- need some more of her recipes.

My parents are in need of help, and I don't know how to work from computer to computer. So I'll be gone for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom