Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blissful: So sorry

Buon Giorno, Good Morning Blissful,

Last night, I had read that you are leaving D.C. and shall not be posting any longer.

I am truly sorry to hear about your leaving the Forum.

I hope that you receive my message and know that you are wished all the very best healthwise, professionally and personally.

Thanks for all your support and contributions on my threads.

Kindest regards.
Margaux Cintrano.

Laurie: Why do some members leave a forum ?

Buon Giorno, Good Morning Laurie,

Why do some members leave a forum ?

I am sure there are multiple reasons why someone decides to depart from freelance Blogging hobby ... or anyother chosen work ... or relationship ...

However, my experience with Blissful, was just exemplary as far as the facts of politeness, contribution & feedback and multi cultural protocol.

I have to say from my own experiences on D.C., that there must have been a catalyst issue ... Perhaps, with an aggressive member which we call Hazing Online here and it is punishable in the European Union and especially in Spain, as they had passed this law back in 2010 due to the large amount of women being hazed and harassed by aggressive males on line.

Perhaps, there is alot we do not know.

I had read the thread MIA last night, and it is not completely indicative of this, however, it does reveal an emotionally poor period for Blissful, in the way in which she worded or tried to word, her emotions.

I am relatively a newcomer ( joined January 2012 ) and thus, my dealings with her, have always been pleasant and she was very complimentary of my threads and posts.

Sorry to hear the news.

I wish her the very best.

Kind regards.
Ciao, Margi.

Margi--
discusscooking.com is NOT a blog hosting site. You may notice that people have their blog URL listed in their signature lines. The forum is a discussion group where people post questions about food, share recipes, etc.

If you wish to start a blog where you can write about your recipes, etc., there are a number of free blog-writing tools and posting options. Folks with blogs may also be more than happy to help you set up your own blog independent of this forum.

I am taking the computer and might pop in a bit this coming week, but I didn't want to have anyone worry when I drop off for a bit. I'm on holiday in the mountains and will be busy doing things like whitewater rafting, swimming, water sliding, tennis, golf, lazing pool side, sleeping late. All the usual stuff. Back sometime on the 17th but will have guests from out of town so might be back online later.

I am taking the computer and might pop in a bit this coming week, but I didn't want to have anyone worry when I drop off for a bit. I'm on holiday in the mountains and will be busy doing things like whitewater rafting, swimming, water sliding, tennis, golf, lazing pool side, sleeping late. All the usual stuff. Back sometime on the 17th but will have guests from out of town so might be back online later.
NICE!! Enjoy! Wish I could join you! Have a really super time and don't worry, we'll somehow figure out how to survive without you in the meantime.

Thanks all! And now, enough procrastination. Costco opens in an hour and I need to get moving!

have fun and be safe, alix. don't let ken tease any bears.

does he run faster than you? 'cause, you don't have to outrun the bear, just your hiking buddy.

i'd bring a squirt gun full of honey just in case he gets a lead on ya...

So just anpther typical lazy holiday. :)

does he run faster than you? 'cause, you don't have to outrun the bear, just your hiking buddy.

Oh Lord!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Have a wonderful holiday in the mountains Alix!! Are you camping? I guess not, if you have a pool for lazing although I remember some campgrounds with pools. Ohhhhh how I love whitewater rafting!! I remember getting a "glacial facial" on a wild river in Alaska! Great fun!! :D

He DOES run faster than I do, but he has a gimpy knee and I can kick hard! :LOL:

Just a note to let y'all know that I may lose internet service. A week or two ago my line got cut by some contractors and a temporary line was installed. The permanent line is still pending. I lost service a few minutes ago. I went out to the road where the temp line is laying across the road, gave it a good shake and my service is back but it will likely go again. We shall see how long it lasts.

Just a note to let y'all know that I may lose internet service. A week or two ago my line got cut by some contractors and a temporary line was installed. The permanent line is still pending. I lost service a few minutes ago. I went out to the road where the temp line is laying across the road, gave it a good shake and my service is back but it will likely go again. We shall see how long it lasts.
Thanks for letting us know. I sure hope it doesn't go away for long at time.

Hoot said:

Hope it gets fixed soon, Hoot! People driving over my internet every day wouldn't make me too happy.

Alix, have a marvelous time away!

Hoot, we had this problem in our old house only a semi trying to park in our neighbour's yard took out our cable, telephone, everything except electricity. Took weeks to get it all fixed. I hope it works out for you soon.

Margi, my concern was more about the abruptness and wording. It is not like Blissful. We all have concern for each other and express it here. I understand all the different reasons people come and go - but still get concerned. That is what makes this place special.

And while I am on the subject, I may not be around a lot from now until next weekend. Our youth conference starts Monday and I am busy trying to get things organized for my kitchen crew. Then I will be there basically all day just making sure things go smoothly. I absolutely love this week. I will pop in once in awhile but probably late or early in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is what I see you doing the most of...

Back
Top Bottom