Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, for good or ill, I reckon we are off to Rendezvous tomorrow morn. This will be the first time in nigh on to 40 years of rendezvousing that a hurricane will likely affect us afore we can get back home on Sunday. This is the first time my daughter has gone to rendezvous to camp. She is looking forward to it very much. Hopefully, that storm will take a jog to the east and bother nothing but ocean going traffic. But, can't do anything about the weather. I will yap at y'all when we get back.

Well, this is a fine how do you do! Got to the rendezvous and was promptly informed that everyone will have to be gone afore nightfall Saturday. The storm has really gotten large and will likely have an impact on us. Hopefully, the worst will miss us but all the folks north of us oughta keep an eye on this storm and take necessary precautions.
We had a great time at the 'Vous even though it was mighty brief.

Glad you had a good time Hoot. So sorry that it was shorter than expected.

Oh, shoot, Hoot! Was looking forward to your report! Glad you had fun anyway.

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry, Hoot. If the storm is as promised you could have been a Castaway instead.

Looks like Hurr. Sandy took out the power in a large swath of territory. I'm anxiously awaiting word that they're OK from our DC folks, but I suppose it will be a while before the power is back. :(

Looks like Hurr. Sandy took out the power in a large swath of territory. I'm anxiously awaiting word that they're OK from our DC folks, but I suppose it will be a while before the power is back. :(

I read a small story whereby some thinking folks found little pockets of electricity and asked the people there if they could charge up their laptops. :angel:

i'm still looking to hear from aunt bea. hope all is okay with you, aunt bea! how about that note you mentioned might be left at the dc kitchen table, when folks have the need to step away for a while?

i know i'm not the only one missing your insightful and humorous comments, aunt bea.:)

Vit, Aunt Bea's last visit was on October 14 and her latest post was October 12 so she has been around a bit.

I miss her too. You can always leave her a PM or profile comment for next time she comes! She will see that more than she will see this! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom