Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things have been crazy around here.

We have all been taking turns with being sick. DD has been sick all this week.

I got laid off today. Not sure for how long. Last layoff lasted 4 months. Well at least I have the holidays off.

Happy Holidays everyone. I will try to be around more now that I will be home at night.

Hello MM, so pleased to see you again, I have missed having you around!

i'm glad you have come by to see us again, msmofet. sorry to hear about your latest troubles. hope your dd feels better soon, and that your job layoff isn't as long as the last one was. think we can expect to see you in the dinner threads again, though? been a long time....

Last edited:
thank you addie, and barbara, and everyone who posted their concern over the past few weeks. i'll be around a little more often in the near future.

it's been an interesting couple of months for me. right around the same time as hurricane sandy hit i got very sick.

the hurricane only did some cosmetic damage to our house, and the power outage was nothing more than a minor convenience, so we were pretty lucky. i still hate to look at the pictures of all of the damage down the shore. all of those great memories of my family on the beach and boardwalk, and all of my son's favourite kiddie rides. they'll rebuild, but it'll never be the same. so many people lost so much that i can only feel very blessed to have escaped worse.

my illness at the same time started with a stupid little fingernail infection that nearly turned into sepsis, and is now being evaluated for possible osteomyelitis in the first digit of my right index finger. i've been tested for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, lyme's disease, and a whole buch of other things. they just can't put their finger on the exact problem... :rolleyes:

i wish it was my middle finger so i can show i'd have a reason to show it to all of the bad drivers that travel into the city this time of year to see the tree in rockefeller center. :cool:

anyway, i'm still kicking. thanks again for those who've asked about me. :)

Welcome back, BT! Hope the drs can find out what's wrong and that you get all better soon!

thank you addie, and barbara, and everyone who posted their concern over the past few weeks. i'll be around a little more often in the near future.

it's been an interesting couple of months for me. right around the same time as hurricane sandy hit i got very sick.

the hurricane only did some cosmetic damage to our house, and the power outage was nothing more than a minor convenience, so we were pretty lucky. i still hate to look at the pictures of all of the damage down the shore. all of those great memories of my family on the beach and boardwalk, and all of my son's favourite kiddie rides. they'll rebuild, but it'll never be the same. so many people lost so much that i can only feel very blessed to have escaped worse.

my illness at the same time started with a stupid little fingernail infection that nearly turned into sepsis, and is now being evaluated for possible osteomyelitis in the first digit of my right index finger. i've been tested for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, lyme's disease, and a whole buch of other things. they just can't put their finger on the exact problem... :rolleyes:

i wish it was my middle finger so i can show i'd have a reason to show it to all of the bad drivers that travel into the city this time of year to see the tree in rockefeller center. :cool:

anyway, i'm still kicking. thanks again for those who've asked about me. :)
Good to hear from You!!

So glad you are with us again. You have been really missed. Take care of that finger. I know what a little sore can turn into. I have the skin graft to prove it.

I have psoriasis and every time I see a dermatologist they want to test me for lupus. It starts with the blood work. It always comes back positive. Then they want to run more tests and put me on prednisone. No, thank you. I know already that it is a false positive. Don't cha just luv doctors? I guess they have to earn their pay somehow.

Must be hard to type without using that finger. :angel:

didn't know where to put this so here we go. eye surgery postponed. doctor has ordered many tests, we need to find out why i keep falling. initial ekg showed some beats to slow and some to fast. so next wed. will have a gadget put on to track a 24 hour ekg. could be as simple as a pace maker,. blood work and more blood work. and a head mri, could be problem from one of the early falls,. i would really like to get the bottom of it. i am sick of black eyes, black and blue almost anywhere from falling and time before last stitches in the top of my head. wish for me it is something simple that can be fixed.

didn't know where to put this so here we go. eye surgery postponed. doctor has ordered many tests, we need to find out why i keep falling. initial ekg showed some beats to slow and some to fast. so next wed. will have a gadget put on to track a 24 hour ekg. could be as simple as a pace maker,. blood work and more blood work. and a head mri, could be problem from one of the early falls,. i would really like to get the bottom of it. i am sick of black eyes, black and blue almost anywhere from falling and time before last stitches in the top of my head. wish for me it is something simple that can be fixed.

Oh, lord, Babe, sure hope they can get to the bottom of this! Take care, sweetie, and please keep us posted!

{{{{{Babe}}}}}}}

Last edited:
babe, please take care of yourself. I am glad that they are starting to look for the cause of all your falling problems. And you are right. I just hope it is something simple that can be fixed with simple measures. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom