Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vit, you so often put into words what's in my heart. I've been a member of "the motherless daughter club" for 26 years. She was my best friend, and I miss her still. I wrote in my journal shortly after her death..."My mother's laugh, my mother's eyes, she lives in me so no goodbyes."

Thanks, Kayelle for those words. My Mom has been gone for almost 18 years and she is still there in so many things I do. Having just lost Dad last year someone told me I was now an "adult orphan". I don't think of it that way because they both live on in my heart.

I know you are still grieving for you Dad ((((LP))). He was so blessed to have such a devoted daughter as yourself. My own Daddy lived just three years longer than Mom. Three years too long as far as he was concerned. I actually wish they had been called together, as hard as it would have been on me. He had lost all will to live after she was gone so my love for them both gladly sent him to her. "Together Again" is on their headstone and I know in my heart I'll join them again as their daughter.

I know you are still grieving for you Dad ((((LP))). He was so blessed to have such a devoted daughter as yourself. My own Daddy lived just three years longer than Mom. Three years too long as far as he was concerned. I actually wish they had been called together, as hard as it would have been on me. He had lost all will to live after she was gone so my love for them both gladly sent him to her. "Together Again" is on their headstone and I know in my heart I'll join them again as their daughter.
Yes, I have that comfort too. It actually gave me great joy at Christmas to know they were together for the first time in 17 years. This week marks one year since he went into the hospital for the last time and January to the beginning of March were very stressful months for me. I am trying to concentrate on the good times and not what happened leading up to his last days.

One good thing is he would be really going on about the NHL situation - he would be glad they are going back but mad about the fact the fans don't get any benefit out of it all - he would have opinions about trading Luongo (our Canuck goalie, the fact that there will be no games between the East and West Conferences and the firing of Toronto's GM! I smile just thinking of it! :)

Checking in..

I've only had time to quickly check in here when I can. It's mostly to let " Our Ma, know I'm ok...." Working in my flower gardens. No worries Ma. My PM box is full..I know clean up my box..Got it :)

Things are the same. Keeping myself extremely busy and close to the phone.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I appreciate them.
Bbs. Save my seat!

Munky.

Checking in..

I've only had time to quickly check in here when I can. It's mostly to let " Our Ma, know I'm ok...." Working in my flower gardens. No worries Ma. My PM box is full..I know clean up my box..Got it :)

Bbs. Save my seat!

Munky.

Hi Munky!!...Bye Munky!!!

I would love to save your seat Munky. Come back for pie when you can! :cool:

Dittos, Munky. And thinking of Babetoo, wondering how she's feeling.

Are Margi and Harry never to return? I may have missed the notes on them, if earlier in this thread. And do I just not read threads where Bolas posts or is he among the missing as well?

Checking in..

Bbs. Save my seat!

Munky.
Munky,
I was hoping to hear from you. Hope all is well. Take care honey, I will as well.
ma

Dittos, Munky. And thinking of Babetoo, wondering how she's feeling.

Are Margi and Harry never to return? I may have missed the notes on them, if earlier in this thread. And do I just not read threads where Bolas posts or is he among the missing as well?

ditto on the babe.

and margi was, well, found out to be a fraud as was suspected here but ferreted out on other sites. at least with her food photography if nothing else. i hope that's ok to say. i'm not being rude or slamming anyone. just speaking the truth.

and i miss bolas and harry, the brothers de fraile, as well. but i kind of understand why they're not around from what they told me.

this can always be 'splained in a pm if anyone's interested. i don't blame anyone for their actions or feelings, really. it was a difficult situation.

Last edited:
Thought I would report in here as I will probably take most of the weekend off.

My angiogram went very smoothly and my heart (as I suspected all along) is healthy. No blockages so no work had to be done. My leg is sore where they went in and I am groggy from the sedatives but I didn't have to be given a general anesthetic and was home by 1 pm....3-5 hours earlier than they first quoted!

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support. I couldn't have done it without you! :)

My angiogram went very smoothly and my heart (as I suspected all along) is healthy. No blockages so no work had to be done. My leg is sore where they went in and I am groggy from the sedatives but I didn't have to be given a general anesthetic and was home by 1 pm....3-5 hours earlier than they first quoted!

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support. I couldn't have done it without you! :)

Gotta love that!

Great news, LP! Welcome home!

Yea! I knew it would go well! Get some sleep now! Hugs!

ditto on the babe.

and margi was, well, found out to be a fraud as was suspected here but ferreted out on other sites. at least with her food photography if nothing else. i hope that's ok to say. i'm not being rude or slamming anyone. just speaking the truth.

and i miss bolas and harry, the brothers de fraile, as well. but i kind of understand why they're not around from what they told me.

this can always be 'splained in a pm if anyone's interested. i don't blame anyone for their actions or feelings, really. it was a difficult situation.

Guess I don't need to hear the gory details. Thanks for the update.

And hope we get an update soon from babe with good news.

Yayyyy !!! That's what we wanted to hear !!!

Thanks for spreading the good news .. get some well deserved rest !

Back
Top Bottom