Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what would you expect from the princeton driving school?

it's where i got my driver's license.

bah dum dum...

Last edited:
what would you expect from the princeton driving school?

it's where i got my license.

bah dum dum...

img_1255497_0_8742432a0510024b6dc2e6d92716453c.gif

lol, sorry.

the snobs i grew up with fall for it every time.

sorry, the snobs with which i was raised often are bemused by such a fallacy...

screw their ivy leagues. while they were studying, i was learning. and now i make just as much as them, but by doing something. not just pretending i'm important like most management.

and now they want to contact me on facebook. sheesh.

Last edited:
That's the BEST! I love the people that hit me up on the facespace. . . I wasn't bothered to know them back then, and I'm not now, I couldn't agree more.

I know it's not computer related, but I was astounded, ASTOUNDED to learn that some colleges offer brewing classes and what not. . . SIGN ME UP! I've had lots of practice drinking the stuff, and if you can boil water, you can make beer. Makes me want to go get a proper education!
Niagara college has whole programs in beer making and wine making. Winery, Viticulture and Brewery Studies

They have three campuses and one is in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, which is in one of Canada's largest wine producing areas.

I know it's not computer related, but I was astounded, ASTOUNDED to learn that some colleges offer brewing classes and what not. . . SIGN ME UP! I've had lots of practice drinking the stuff, and if you can boil water, you can make beer. Makes me want to go get a proper education!
That was an extra-curricular activity when I went to university (we smuggled the "fancy" thermometer out of the chemistry lab and then had to smuggle it back in again). Probably would've been less stressful to become a brew master than the to earn the Master's degree I earned:LOL::LOL:

i'm on vacation starting in about 3 hours, so i won't be around much. we may be heading to vermont for a few days, or just staying home to get things fixed up to sell the house. i may surprise the family with a quick trip to florida, but that'll depend on if i can get a last minute deal.

see ya when i see ya.

i'm on vacation starting in about 3 hours, so i won't be around much. we may be heading to vermont for a few days, or just staying home to get things fixed up to sell the house. i may surprise the family with a quick trip to florida, but that'll depend on if i can get a last minute deal.

see ya when i see ya.

Enjoy your time off with your family, BT!

I too am currently on vacay. In Tampa. Never been. south floriday many times. i think I have a lap top and then it doesn't. It's like an etch a sketch, mebbe I don't kno how to use it quite yet. I brought coffee beans, already ground up, so as to be quiet in the mornings. Doesn't matter. We both wake up early. Except I need an afternoon siesta. She doesn't. It's just go go Go. I v'e been up since 5 am local and I aready want to go back to bed. 2 hours into saturday morning and I don't expect to do so. not during daylight anyway. Why did the gods and goddesses of goodness invent curtains and a soft mattress anyway. I don';t suppose they offer the "early bird special " come around 10 ish in the morning. It's like finding a good cigar, one can always hope. Only here per chance the diggings are a wee bit better. And no, I don't get to shmoke indoors even if I find one. I neffer knew the meaning of pearls before swine, is it even biblical or just rock and roll. Now, I think I do.

BT--good luck on finding a deal! Are you packing it in and moving to a farm?

I'm also going MIA--have more work to do than hours in which to do it--and I so love playing with my friends here in the DC sandbox. Gotta exercise some discipline so I can get paid!

BT--good luck on finding a deal! Are you packing it in and moving to a farm?

I'm also going MIA--have more work to do than hours in which to do it--and I so love playing with my friends here in the DC sandbox. Gotta exercise some discipline so I can get paid!
I need to exercise some discipline about DC too. We'll miss you. Don't stay away too much. ;)

see ya when i see ya.

Have some lovely family time Tom, catch ya when you get back :)

Take care CWS and we will see you soon :)

i'm back.

thanks, gg. it was a nice vacation. a trip to vermont amd searching out a summer rental down the jersey shore, but no florida, though.

my culinary discoveries from vacation were i bought a small bottle of bacon salt (can't wait to try it on grilled chicken or a salad), and i had a fantastic dish called something like malafammena", which was shellfish - lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, and crab over linguini in a soupy tomato/old bay/clam broth. really good.

lots of baseball of late. i'm beat after working 5 hours non-stop in the kitchen at the ballfield tonight slinging hot dogs, french fries, and chicken fingers. i have a new found respect for short order cooks. i was only doing it for 5 hours (without a minute break) and i'm pretty tired. i can't imagine cooking and serving like that for 8 or 10 hours or longer. thank god i got to work with a woman who runs a school cafeteria as her regular job. i only made 1 mistake on the register as well, so i think we did ok.

anyway, i'm happy to be back at my own job where my butt gets ever wider as i sit in front of a keyboard.

still, it was fun.

Last edited:
Welcome back BT ... is that Bacon Salt from Baconsalt? If so, you will enjoy it. We have been getting stuff from them for a couple years now. I also love their MaltSalt. They have everything Bacon.

Back
Top Bottom