Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laurie, I'm really glad to see you back and glad you're feeling better :)

+1

Laurie, there are voice rec programs for handicapped kids, wondering if some of them might work for you. You've tried Dragon Dictate, right? Do you have an iPad? It has a lot of accessibility features. I type one-fingered on the iPad, which proves faster for me than using all my fingers on my regular computers. A very soft touch can be used. You can also use a stylus, maybe even with a wrist support. Have you talked to an occupational therapist? An OT affiliated with the schools might be a help for a consultation, as they may be more savvy about stuff available than ones at the clinic.

Best to you and your sister!

Last edited:
Thanks GG and thank you Dawg!

My best friend is a special needs coordinator for the school district. She also has a son with tourretes and I know he has some special programs on his tablet as he can't take notes when he is ticcing badly. I will ask her if she knows of anything or who to talk to.

Yes, I have tried several Dragon products. I really appreciate all your help.

Laurie, It's good to see you back on the forums...I hope you find some software you can use. And lots of good wishes and prayers for your sister.

Well friends, I popped in to ask a quick question, but when I saw everyone in the threads I have decided I will make a real effort to post regularly. I miss you guys!:)...Anyway, hands are getting sore so will go for now! Love you all! :heart:

Nice to see you're feeling better. Hope things continue to improve for you and yours.

Sorry, but I've been missing having to do with a stroke. I'm well and at home after a few days scare after my neighbor realized I was missing and woke up enough for her to hear me knocking on her wall and getting me to a hospital.

Sorry, but I've been missing having to do with a stroke. I'm well and at home after a few days scare after my neighbor realized I was missing and woke up enough for her to hear me knocking on her wall and getting me to a hospital.

Oh my gosh, glad you are doing ok, and are back. Pretty scary! Take good care!

Yeeks! So glad you're back and ok!!! {{{{{Zhizara}}}}}}

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no Z!!! I knew I was missing you and I got an odd phone call the other night. The only word I understood was your name, but the rest was garbled. Tried to call back and got voice mail. I'm glad you are okay! {{{{{Zhizara}}}}}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom