Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, but I've been missing having to do with a stroke. I'm well and at home after a few days scare after my neighbor realized I was missing and woke up enough for her to hear me knocking on her wall and getting me to a hospital.

That's frightening! So glad you're OK.

geez, zhi. i've been so wrapped in my own life that i missed your absence. i apologize.

moreso, i hope you're well, and recovering to the fullest.

my spirit is with you in every way.

Thanks, Folks! Your warm wishes make me feel good. I'll be taking it easyier now, and getting some physical therapy, as well.

Thanks, Folks! Your warm wishes make me feel good. I'll be taking it easyier now, and getting some physical therapy, as well.

Wow, like Andy said, scary is right! Glad to see you back and good luck with the therapy. Typing posts here at DH must help the fingers limber back up, right? Take care, I'll poke your guardian angel in my prayers tonight. ;)

I'm heading west early tomorrow morning. I hope to hit STL by mid-day Sunday. I had hoped to go to the Soulard Farmers' Market, but it isn't open when I will have some time...oh, well. Once I'm done in STL, I'll be heading north for the aspargus season, the opening of walleye fishing, and some time with family and extended family. I need to restock my wild rice supply and do some online shopping for things I can't get here. I will be checking on DC, but not cooking at all after today for at least a week.
So has anyone heard from CWS? It looks like her last post on DC was 5 or 6 weeks ago. :ermm:

Is she MIA?

So has anyone heard from CWS? It looks like her last post on DC was 5 or 6 weeks ago. :ermm:

Is she MIA?

I have been wondering the same thing. She was heading out for a business trip. And that is the last we heard from her. I sure do miss her. For those who are on line late at night, have any of you noticed that she is on but not posting? :angel:

I have been wondering the same thing. She was heading out for a business trip. And that is the last we heard from her. I sure do miss her. For those who are on line late at night, have any of you noticed that she is on but not posting? :angel:

Yeah, back in April she was hoping to make it back for the Danish Club lunch in June, Wednesday of next week.

I'll send her email and ask what's up.

I PM'd CWS awhile ago after not hearing from her. She had emailed me and we'd planned on meeting for lunch, as she thought she'd be coming through my area, but she ended up north. We had a nice phone visit, but I haven't heard from her since. I'm concerned too.

Last edited:
Thanks Taxi. I have had a couple of phone calls with her in the past. I have become very fond of her and the girls. I would hate to see her leave us. :angel:

I guess we're all a bit worried. I sent her an email too. Do I not recall something about maybe having to say goodbye to a beloved dog? And that she would be offline a bit?

Sorry I am on limited time

For me the deed has already been done. I was gone a week and a half. Because I am a School Bus driver, special ed for the summer, and I drive an hour to a larger city. I get a paid layover so I spend my time at the Library where I get 2, 30 minute sessions a day.

I do have internet at home, but it is very rare when I use it. Always busy with Kids, cleaning, cooking, Kids, more cleaning and kids.

That's my cycle, so don't worry if I come and go like Haley's Comet

Sorry for not going back more than a few pages... but speaking of MIA's...
Has anyone here heard from L2Q? Maybe someone who frequents other forums? He used to pop in every week or so and post something (food related), but it's been a while. :huh:

I suppose we all get busy and forget to check in here we should let others know when we will be mia so I'm checking in slthough I haven't been missed much as I can see:LOL:
I do miss those who remember me. see ya guys
kades

Back
Top Bottom