Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. I'll be thinking of you while sip a cool rum drink or enjoy a fine restaurant meal. Maybe I'll be able to convince folks to try goat curry one night. I've been wanting to make a goat dish since I saw it in the Aruban supermarket (Ling and Sons).

Addie

Does anyone know anything about Addie? I was missing for a while and only came back at Christmas and I haven't seen her on DC since I came back. In fact the last post I can find for her was at the beginning of November when she wasn't feeling very chipper.

Would anyone let us know if anything had happened to her?

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about Addie? I was missing for a while and only came back at Christmas and I haven't seen her on DC since I came back. In fact the last post I can find for her was at the beginning of November when she wasn't feeling very chipper.

Correction last post from Addie was at Christmas. Still a long time ago.

I exchanged messages with her the other day and she indicated that she was taking a break.

She still signs on from time to time, I'm sure she would enjoy a PM.

I exchanged messages with her the other day and she indicated that she was taking a break.

She still signs on from time to time, I'm sure she would enjoy a PM.
Oh good. Yes, I sent her a PM after I posted the above. Glad to hear she's OK. I was quite worried about her. Thanks.

Nothing I can do about the weather but I sure do have great neighbors. They chipped in to shovel off my deck, shovel a path from the back of our condo to the front so we can get the trash out, shovel out my car and move it so the plow could clean my space.

Time to bake a couple of cakes to say 'thank you'.

Nothing I can do about the weather but I sure do have great neighbors. They chipped in to shovel off my deck, shovel a path from the back of our condo to the front so we can get the trash out, shovel out my car and move it so the plow could clean my space.

Yeah. Time to get back into your kitchen. With this weather, don't go out, stay in and bake. Great idea. What great neighbors! Kudos to them and you for those thank you cakes. :angel:

Yeah. Time to get back into your kitchen. With this weather, don't go out, stay in and bake. Great idea. What great neighbors! Kudos to them and you for those thank you cakes. :angel:

Bake! Make some soul-warming soup, all brothy with great veggies, tender, diced meat of your choice, and a great soup base with lots of rich, meaty flavor and texture from collagen, or some wonderful, yellow, split-pea soup, with onion, a hint of cumin, and diced ham. Gotta have a touch of butter in the bowl to add a satisfying richness to that fabulous soup. When it's so cold, it's soup/stew, and home made bread time.

Welcome Back Andy. Glad to hear you've got great neighbors. That's what being human is supposed to be about. Yep, I'm as noisy as ever.:D

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Welcome back, Andy. Looking forward to hearing about the food, the beaches, the scenery...:) How nice of your neighbors to look after your place for you!

We have neighbors like that. The best! Himself ruptured a disc the first winter we lived here, and our snowblower was back in OH for our daughter to use. The first time I went out to shovel, my next door neighbor came over with his snowblower and chased me inside. I baked an apple pie (two, actually, one for them and one for us) and took it over as a thanks. The next storm the same thing happened, but a different neighbor! They snowblowed, I baked (two more) apple pies. The NEXT storm a third neighbor showed up! He didn't have a snowblower, but he did shovel out the apron, which was lots of wet and heavy snow. I asked him if he had heard about the pies; he laughed, looked a bit sheepish, and said "yes". I told him we were getting tired of apple pies, would a pumpkin be OK? "Oh, yes! Pumpkin is my favorite!" Win/win!

By the next winter, we had brought our old snowblower back from OH. Our daughter never used it, saying she'd rather shovel.

We have neighbors like that. The best! Himself ruptured a disc the first winter we lived here, and our snowblower was back in OH for our daughter to use. The first time I went out to shovel, my next door neighbor came over with his snowblower and chased me inside. I baked an apple pie (two, actually, one for them and one for us) and took it over as a thanks. The next storm the same thing happened, but a different neighbor! They snowblowed, I baked (two more) apple pies. The NEXT storm a third neighbor showed up! He didn't have a snowblower, but he did shovel out the apron, which was lots of wet and heavy snow. I asked him if he had heard about the pies; he laughed, looked a bit sheepish, and said "yes". I told him we were getting tired of apple pies, would a pumpkin be OK? "Oh, yes! Pumpkin is my favorite!" Win/win!

By the next winter, we had brought our old snowblower back from OH. Our daughter never used it, saying she'd rather shovel.

You have made some neighbors very sad. :angel:

Welcome back!
You are truly fortunate to have neighbors that take the time and make the effort to be good neighbors.
And remember.... there is truth in the old sayin' that without Winter, you can't truly appreciate Summer.

Back
Top Bottom