Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, DL.

I forgot to mention that I do not go by the first name that some of you know me as any more. I never really liked me name (liked LP much better) and I associated it with a not so great time in my life. I would prefer to be called LP here but my new life-changing name is in my blog title below. :) If you want to know more about why I changed, feel free to PM me!

A lot has gone in on since I was last here. But other than the health issues I can say with all honesty I have never been happier!

Hi LP!!:flowers:.

This is great!

So glad to see you.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
LP, I've missed you, too! Sorry about your health issues. I can relate, although mine have been improving somewhat. So good to see you and glad to hear you're in good spirits :)

beth, I hope you and your DH have a great vacation. Tell Ohio that is said "hi". Wishing you blue skies and safe roads ahead.

PF, I hope you and Shrek have safe travels, too. I'm both a lot of happy and a little bit jealous for you. After all, There's No Place Like Home. :heart:

LP, sorry to hear you are not feeling better. At least you have the bonus of being happier. And just because none of us asked where you were, it doesn't mean we weren't thinking about you since you've gone. :flowers: It means you told us you were stepping away from DC and we actually remembered!

I just don't do Facebook for anyone, even my family, so I'm glad to see you LP. Your blog looks like what you need, and like CG said so well..."And just because none of us asked where you were, it doesn't mean we weren't thinking about you since you've gone. :flowers: It means you told us you were stepping away from DC and we actually remembered!" ;)

Ha ha, I was just teasing about the "not being missed"! ;) And the truth is this time I DIDN'T say I was stepping back. It just sort of happened.

Just like checking in today just sort of happened! I hadn't planned it, I just started thinking about it and wondering about how the non-FB people were doing.

Yes, Taxy, we have been keeping in touch on FB so I knew that if anyone asked, you or a few others would be able to tell them.

One of the big changes I have made (besides becoming almost vegan, changing my name and writing a blog) is that I have become a part-time "Grandma" to a five year old girl and almost four year old boy. Their Mom has been in and out of our lives for years and she ran upon hard times when her marriage suddenly ended over bad circumstances. These kids needed some stability in their lives and it looks like TB are "it". I probably mentioned them before I left, but now we have each of them over for separate sleep-over nights every week. It can be exhausting, but I love them to bits.

Ha ha, I was just teasing about the "not being missed"! ;) And the truth is this time I DIDN'T say I was stepping back. It just sort of happened.

Just like checking in today just sort of happened! I hadn't planned it, I just started thinking about it and wondering about how the non-FB people were doing.

Yes, Taxy, we have been keeping in touch on FB so I knew that if anyone asked, you or a few others would be able to tell them.

One of the big changes I have made (besides becoming almost vegan, changing my name and writing a blog) is that I have become a part-time "Grandma" to a five year old girl and almost four year old boy. Their Mom has been in and out of our lives for years and she ran upon hard times when her marriage suddenly ended over bad circumstances. These kids needed some stability in their lives and it looks like TB are "it". I probably mentioned them before I left, but now we have each of them over for separate sleep-over nights every week. It can be exhausting, but I love them to bits.

Whatever name you call yourself, you're one of the best people I know. And yes, I did miss you as L.P. as I though you were just gone. Didn't know why or where. Now I know who you are and am very glad that I do. To me, by either name, it's welcome back.

Was there similar confusion when I changed from G.W. to Chief longwind (not the name i gave myself, but got tagged with it by BuckyTom)? Just wondering. If not, cool. I didn't cause any worry. If so, sorry 'bout that.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We are home. Truck is unloaded, still waiting to close on the house. I start work tomorrow. Using Mom's computer right now, so will be on sporadically.

It is always a good thing when you know your friends arrived safely. How is Shrek doing in all this hub bub? Can you move into your new home yet?

All is well here. And you are definitely missed. :angel: One for you. :angel: And one for Shrek. They travelled with you while you were on the road. Good luck on your job tomorrow. :angel:

Good to hear from you princess, and glad you all arrived safely. Looking forward to hearing from you again once you get settled. Take care. :)

Phew, PF, I can stop holding my breath now! Glad you guys made it safe. You sound sane (or as sane as normal), too. Good luck settling up all the last bits before you can really kick your feet up and go "ah".

Back
Top Bottom