Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are home. Truck is unloaded, still waiting to close on the house. I start work tomorrow. Using Mom's computer right now, so will be on sporadically.
Woot! Glad you arrived safely! You have been missed on DC. Glad you're able to check in every now and again as you and Shrek get settled. Good luck with the new job.

Thanks everyone!! Started work last night, on my way back tonight. Things are going well, but we will not be able to close on the house until July 10th...so we are living in a motel for now.

The cats are living the Life of Riley at Mom's in my Sister's closet. They are both massively angry and won't come see me when I visit.

Yes, back on nights, this will not be a tough transition. I'm already sleeping better and being very alert through the night. Now if I could get others to take the daytime sleeping seriously. If I say 3 PM, I mean 3 PM is a good time to visit...4 PM, I'll be rude, get ready for work and leave.

Did get to see my Niece who is named after me, yesterday...she's growing up!!!

Yes, back on nights, this will not be a tough transition. I'm already sleeping better and being very alert through the night. Now if I could get others to take the daytime sleeping seriously. If I say 3 PM, I mean 3 PM is a good time to visit...4 PM, I'll be rude, get ready for work and leave.

Did get to see my Niece who is named after me, yesterday...she's growing up!!!

There are the folks who do not have to be a working woman. They get to stay home and wait for their husbands paycheck on Thursday or Friday. I don't blame you for being rude.

When Pirate was a newborn infant, I went to work on a temporary basis. My husband had been hurt at work and was out for about six weeks. I deliberate took the second shift so my husband could keep any medical appointments he had and I could get some sleep after I sent the two oldest to school. Then I grabbed me a couple of more hours of sleep. I would shut the phone off, and ignored the door bell. My girlfriends finally got the message. Don't bother me. If it is important, write it down and you can tell me later when I get up and go to the school to get the kids. Meet me at the school gate.

When you don't have to work, you forget that those who do are on a tight schedule. Become rude if you have to. Hopefully they will get the hint, and if not, watch out. She is mad and is about to let you know! :angel:

My BIL does telemarketing from his home. He has a very hard time making people understand that afternoons and evenings he is working. Mornings are the best time for visiting. That is always one of the bad points of working from home, and also shift work.

There are the folks who do not have to be a working woman. They get to stay home and wait for their husbands paycheck on Thursday or Friday. I don't blame you for being rude.

When Pirate was a newborn infant, I went to work on a temporary basis. My husband had been hurt at work and was out for about six weeks. I deliberate took the second shift so my husband could keep any medical appointments he had and I could get some sleep after I sent the two oldest to school. Then I grabbed me a couple of more hours of sleep. I would shut the phone off, and ignored the door bell. My girlfriends finally got the message. Don't bother me. If it is important, write it down and you can tell me later when I get up and go to the school to get the kids. Meet me at the school gate.

When you don't have to work, you forget that those who do are on a tight schedule. Become rude if you have to. Hopefully they will get the hint, and if not, watch out. She is mad and is about to let you know! :angel:

Addie,
You of all people should know that just because some "Folks" choose to stay home to raise their families aren't working.I personally don't sit here and wait for the checks to arrive.Trust me I'm the first one up.Last to go to bed.Why? Because I'm working! And yes I get a little testy about my time to.I'm on a schedule.
There have been many times that the "working folks" have had no respect for me or MY time.Just a little flip side opinion of the coin Addie.They always got the Bums Rush.

I'm bewildered that you would make such a statement in this day and age Addie. Now days there are Mr. Mom's out there that should also be pretty po'd with that kind of talk. Not to mention mom's like me who made a hard living taking care of other children in my home so I could raise my own.
Good grief.....

Addie,
You of all people should know that just because some "Folks" choose to stay home to raise their families aren't working.I personally don't sit here and wait for the checks to arrive.Trust me I'm the first one up.Last to go to bed.Why? Because I'm working! And yes I get a little testy about my time to.I'm on a schedule.
There have been many times that the "working folks" have had no respect for me or MY time.Just a little flip side opinion of the coin Addie.They always got the Bums Rush.

Good for you. I have at times just opened the door ever so slightly so I can tell my unwelcome visitor, "Sorry, I don't have time right now. I have to get ready for work. I will call you when I can sit and talk. They are still waiting for that phone call.

I wish I had the luxury of being a full time stay at home mom. But there were many times I had to get out there and get a job real quick. At the time there were plenty of factories in Chelsea, and I could go to any one of them and know I would get hired on the spot. And they knew I wouldn't be making a career of it. I hate factory work, but they paid the most. When you have a family, you do what you have to in order to put food on the table. My dream job would be working on a farm. Not too many farms in a big city. :angel:

I'm bewildered that you would make such a statement in this day and age Addie. Now days there are Mr. Mom's out there that should also be pretty po'd with that kind of talk. Not to mention mom's like me who made a hard living taking care of other children in my home so I could raise my own.
Good grief.....

Kayelle, please keep in mind that my youngest child is 43 years old. It was during the 50's and 60's that I was raising my family. Only if my husband got hurt or was laid off did I have to go to work. Otherwise, my husband made enough money that I didn't have to work. I liked working, but I also enjoyed the days at home raising my kids. So I do know what it is like to have to get ready for work. And in the 50's I was fortunate in that my husband was quite willing to take care of the kids. Most of my girlfriends had husbands who thought the raising of children was woman's work. I often babysat for them if they had a medical appointment for themselves or had to take just one child to the doctor's.

I have buried two husbands and in the end raised five kids alone. So guess who HAD to go to work. I could no longer sit at home and wait for the Thursday or Friday paycheck. My life of luxury was over. I have been there and done it all. So I know what life is all about. Some women have it easy and some don't. I had it both ways. :angel:

Kayelle, please keep in mind that my youngest child is 43 years old. It was during the 50's and 60's that I was raising my family. Only if my husband got hurt or was laid off did I have to go to work. Otherwise, my husband made enough money that I didn't have to work. I liked working, but I also enjoyed the days at home raising my kids. So I do know what it is like to have to get ready for work. And in the 50's I was fortunate in that my husband was quite willing to take care of the kids. Most of my girlfriends had husbands who thought the raising of children was woman's work. I often babysat for them if they had a medical appointment for themselves or had to take just one child to the doctor's.

I have buried two husbands and in the end raised five kids alone. So guess who HAD to go to work. I could no longer sit at home and wait for the Thursday or Friday paycheck. My life of luxury was over. I have been there and done it all. So I know what life is all about. Some women have it easy and some don't. I had it both ways. :angel:

You are *completely* missing the point. Moms who don't work outside the home still do a lot of work. In most cases, it's not a life of luxury.

Good for you. I have at times just opened the door ever so slightly so I can tell my unwelcome visitor, "Sorry, I don't have time right now. I have to get ready for work. I will call you when I can sit and talk. They are still waiting for that phone call.

I wish I had the luxury of being a full time stay at home mom. But there were many times I had to get out there and get a job real quick. At the time there were plenty of factories in Chelsea, and I could go to any one of them and know I would get hired on the spot. And they knew I wouldn't be making a career of it. I hate factory work, but they paid the most. When you have a family, you do what you have to in order to put food on the table. My dream job would be working on a farm. Not too many farms in a big city. :angel:

Addie,
I'm sorry you have the misconception that MY life has been all luxury.Some have it.Some don't mentality!That I've never ever worked outside the home while being a mom.Wow!

Can't help feeling like a low life, wasted peace of human flesh.Thank you for your support.

To call a truce.Get the topic back to what it's been intended for.Taking the high road.

Welcome back Pf.You were missed.

Addie,
I'm sorry you have the misconception that MY life has been all luxury.Some have it.Some don't mentality!That I've never ever worked outside the home while being a mom.Wow!

Can't help feeling like a low life, wasted peace of human flesh.Thank you for your support.

To call a truce.Get the topic back to what it's been intended for.Taking the high road.

Welcome back Pf.You were missed.

Thank you. And include my "Welcome back PF." I had hoped you could just move into your new home. But just imaging all the fun you and Shrek will have setting up your new home just the way you both want it. You certainly will have the room to do it. I hope it will have enough closet space. But then you always have downstairs for everything that can't fit upstairs. But if you are in a tornado area, you will be needing a second bed down there.

In a lot of the pictures I have seen in past years, any building with cinder blocks on the outer wall, suffer the least damage. But I haven't ever heard of any tornadoes hitting anywhere in Wyoming. So it is a good bet you are safe. And for that I am very happy.

I am so impatient to hear about your closing and moving in. I wish I could be there to witness it all. Such a happy occasion. I just love HAPPY! :angel:

FYI Addie, I was married at 19 yrs old and worked on my feet until the week before my first son was born in 1965, so I raised my two kids in the same era you did. I think it's ridiculous for you to sit in judgement of anyone because most of us don't choose to let on how hard our lives may have been. Because you choose to do that, doesn't mean you deserve any special kudos, or that you're anyone so special.

There are the folks who do not have to be a working woman. They get to stay home and wait for their husbands paycheck on Thursday or Friday...
Tsk, tsk, Addie. You should know that ALL women are "working women". It's just that some of us didn't get paid for our work in dollars.

I: cooked, cleaned, gardened, mowed the 1/4 acre lot (so that my hubby could enjoy his weekend with the family), laundered, volunteered as a Girl Scout leader, volunteered at church...I could go on and on. Not once did I think that I wasn't doing worthy work. It's just that it wasn't paid work. However, the benefits were pretty great. :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom