Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am glad she let you tell us now. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please tell Joyce she is loved...as are you, Cat. Sending out hugs to everyone!

I am so thankful of you all! I love you all! It is as the old times never missed too many minutes, yes?

She has her humor and she remembers many things recently. Her balance will become better and when she can, perhaps she shall ride her bike again with her dog.

I must say something very funny, and please I do not wish to offend.

Justin put carpet upon a large wall of the garage. He put also of small benches covered of this carpet and many hanging cat toys and very much catnip spray.

We have fun of this! Joyce has picked up the cats and gently throw them there and they are so very playful! We say it is "Toss the cats," and it is fun!

Joyce is happy to be home. Into the hospital, some nurses were mean to her. She was allowed her laptop upon the hospital wi fi but a nurse took it away for she told Joyce too retarded to understand of a computer.

Joyce was able to connect to to her writing form and speak, but in the midst of this, it was taken away. She also was able to reach her emails and was answering some.

She had 2 books she was reading and they took those away also and they took away her Nook and her puzzle books.

She had nothing but of the TV and she said she was not retarded.

Justin interveded and we brought her home. Perhaps she is slow but she is being much better of every minute.

I think perhaps when one has such of this, it is best to be of home to where there are pets and love.

That nasty nurse took away her teddy bear Justin brought to her. That nurse said Joyce must deal of realities and stop of fantasies of ridiculous stuffed animals.

Joyce does not stop now. She works of here, she has her therapy, she has been on the computer and she is coming back!

With love,
~Cat

I am so thankful of you all! I love you all! It is as the old times never missed too many minutes, yes?

She has her humor and she remembers many things recently. Her balance will become better and when she can, perhaps she shall ride her bike again with her dog.

I must say something very funny, and please I do not wish to offend.

Justin put carpet upon a large wall of the garage. He put also of small benches covered of this carpet and many hanging cat toys and very much catnip spray.

We have fun of this! Joyce has picked up the cats and gently throw them there and they are so very playful! We say it is "Toss the cats," and it is fun!

Joyce is happy to be home. Into the hospital, some nurses were mean to her. She was allowed her laptop upon the hospital wi fi but a nurse took it away for she told Joyce too retarded to understand of a computer.

Joyce was able to connect to to her writing form and speak, but in the midst of this, it was taken away. She also was able to reach her emails and was answering some.

She had 2 books she was reading and they took those away also and they took away her Nook and her puzzle books.

She had nothing but of the TV and she said she was not retarded.

Justin interveded and we brought her home. Perhaps she is slow but she is being much better of every minute.

I think perhaps when one has such of this, it is best to be of home to where there are pets and love.

That nasty nurse took away her teddy bear Justin brought to her. That nurse said Joyce must deal of realities and stop of fantasies of ridiculous stuffed animals.

Joyce does not stop now. She works of here, she has her therapy, she has been on the computer and she is coming back!

With love,
~Cat

Nurses such as the one Joyce had to contend with should find another occupation. Or be transferred to another floor where all she is allowed to do is nothing. She should not be allowed patient contact at all. I am so sorry to hear that Joyce had to endure any of this. Joyce is now where she belongs. Surrounded by those that love her. I love your "Toss the Kitty" game. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Joyce is a tough broad! And I mean that in the most loving manner. After all she is a former Career Army Sargent. They don't come any tougher than that.

Cat, did they ever put the dogs down that did this horrible thing to Joyce? I know you said that they took the dogs away. I am not sure how I feel about these two dogs. I hate to think of any dog being put down, but these dogs do not belong in a neighborhood setting. And if the dogs have not been returned to the owner, I hope the neighbor has the good sense not to get new dogs of the same ilk. Or to train them to be so vicious. I am hoping that the neighbor has the good sense to be feeling enough guilt, that he is now using his common sense.

Love and BIG hugs to Joyce and Justin. Oh and take a couple for you and Mama also. :angel:

What?? You do not use the word "retarded" in reference to a person, ever!!! That nurse should lose her job.

Glad you all got Joyce out of there! Hug her for me too, Cat!

What?? You do not use the word "retarded" in reference to a person, ever!!! That nurse should lose her job.

That word needs to be taken out of the dictionary. And that nurse needs to be horsewhipped. Someone should have reported her. What kind of archaic hospital did they bring Joyce to? :angel:

Joyce had a brain clot March 1 and did not want to scare anyone.

I was not allowed to say of this before of now.

She is home now of March 21 with a home nurse and a home therapist.

... snipped ...

With love,
~Cat

I'm pretty new here at DC, but Cat, I too would like to send my good wishes for Joyce's speedy recovery.
Question?
"Brain clot" did she suffer from an Aneurysm?
Also, this nurse that attended her while in Hospital, have any of her family members filed a formal complaint, in writing, with the Director of this facility?
Surely this nurse has done such tings to others and should be removed.
I can't imagine prescribing only television to someone who is trying to regain their faculties after suffering such a devastating condition.
I am infuriated by this nurse's conduct, having been in the health care field for a number of years, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE behavior from a professional. :angry:

I'm pretty new here at DC, but Cat, I too would like to send my good wishes for Joyce's speedy recovery.
Question?
Also, this nurse that attended her while in Hospital, have any of her family members filed a formal complaint, in writing, with the Director of this facility?
I can't imagine prescribing only television to someone who is trying to regain their faculties after suffering such a devastating condition.
I am infuriated by this nurse's conduct, having been in the health care field for a number of years, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE behavior from a professional. :angry:

You are so right Kaneohaegirl. I didn't think anyone ever used the word "retarded." One time when I had a heart attack in the ER, my nurse called my doctor over and his response was "I am busy, in a minute." I filed a formal complaint not only with the hospital President, but also notified the Licensing Board. My son Poo went with me to the hearing along with Pirate as he was with me when this happened. About six months later I got a letter from the President and was told that his license had been suspended for six months and he was sent back to school. And he was an Resident and wanted to go into ER medicine.

Every time I hear of medical care being subpar, I am amazed that the patient is willing to forgive and forget. Medicine is the only profession where the offenders can bury their mistakes. Well, I am one mistake they are not going to bury. And I have the feeling that Joyce's ignorant nurse has already buried a few or at the very least caused damaged to many patients and thus prolonged their recovery . Or worse the patient failed to heal in any manner due to her incompetence. :angel:

Nurses such as the one Joyce had to contend with should find another occupation. Or be transferred to another floor where all she is allowed to do is nothing. She should not be allowed patient contact at all. I am so sorry to hear that Joyce had to endure any of this. Joyce is now where she belongs. Surrounded by those that love her. I love your "Toss the Kitty" game. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Joyce is a tough broad! And I mean that in the most loving manner. After all she is a former Career Army Sargent. They don't come any tougher than that.

Cat, did they ever put the dogs down that did this horrible thing to Joyce? I know you said that they took the dogs away. I am not sure how I feel about these two dogs. I hate to think of any dog being put down, but these dogs do not belong in a neighborhood setting. And if the dogs have not been returned to the owner, I hope the neighbor has the good sense not to get new dogs of the same ilk. Or to train them to be so vicious. I am hoping that the neighbor has the good sense to be feeling enough guilt, that he is now using his common sense.

Love and BIG hugs to Joyce and Justin. Oh and take a couple for you and Mama also. :angel:

The poor dog was put to sleep. Joyce and Justin brought him to their yard, where they put him next to her wolfdog under a bush.

That nurse was fired. Mamma was ready to hire an attorney to sue the hospital but the administrator fired her and apologized.

She is very strong! Things of her memory are coming back to her very quickly and already she is able to balance of one foot for ten minutes with not holding on to anything. She became bored of this, and said, "This is getting a little old. Can we move on? I need a snack."

Ha!

I gave her many hugs from all of you and she is so very grateful! She hates that awful word. Sometimes she struggles to remember something and becomes so very frustrated of this. Every minute seems to bring of more memory and of more remembered skills.

That word needs to be taken out of the dictionary. And that nurse needs to be horsewhipped. Someone should have reported her. What kind of archaic hospital did they bring Joyce to? :angel:

It was to be a good hospital and the nurse was fired. That is a terrible word, yes? Joyce says her memory is in recovery. I like this much better, yes?

Question?

The clot was found before it broke through the blood vessel so she had no bleeding. She said she had a very bad headache and then she went upon unconsciousness. The surgeon said the blood vessel was bulging but not broken. He thinks the clot came from the original injury somewhere but he is not sure. He said she was very lucky and the surgeon team went to it very quickly.

The nurse was fired. Other nurses did tell the administrator of other abuses and he was very angry of this. There is of an investigation and perhaps this nurse may have criminal charges to her when it is finished.

Justin received a formal apology from the hospital attorneys and they have offered of a settlement. It was very generous, and he accepted but we want justice for Joyce and others and so the full investigation is of order now.

I am allowed to say all of this. There are also the cameras in every room, and today we saw the nurse taking of her computer. Joyce held it so hard so as not to let it go but she did not want to damage it so then she released of it. Justin was called to see of it and took me also to see. It was a very terrible thing. We did not wish to see of other things taken away.

We are satisfied of the hospital attempting of fixing this, so we are very co - operating of this investigation.

And more news! Ha!

My sweet Aunty Crina, Uncle Nicu's wife, is coming in two weeks. She will be staying in a hotel which has of a swimming pool, and wants Joyce to excercise of swimming as her guest. She is allowed two guests of the pool so one of us shall go with her! Joyce does not know her, but I know she shall love her as much as we! Joyce loves to swim and this is so very nice!

Her therapist and nurse have said this is well and Joyce is very happy of this!

I must have babbled too much, yes? Joyce is well and making of improvements.

Do not be surprised of her appearence of here maybe sometime tomorrow.

With very much love,
~Cat

Cat, such wonderful news. I am so happy Ask her nurse if talking to her about the past, if she thinks it will help her memory return faster. I personally know how frustrating loss of memory can be. They had me on a med that did just that. Destroyed your memory but keeps your cholesterol in check. I can do that with just diet alone.

We are all so happy that you and Mama are there for the two of them. Thank you for taking such good care of Joyce and Justin. :angel:

Cat, I'm sorry to hear of Joyce's illness. It's a good thing that you and Mama are there to help, but it must be hard for you to be away from Carl and Anna for so very long. They must miss you dearly and wish you to return home soon. Let Joyce know I have her in my thoughts and wish her a quick recovery.

...There are also the cameras in every room, and today we saw the nurse taking of her computer...
If they have cameras in every room, why did it take a complaint from someone to do anything about this unprofessional nurse? Surely someone be watching the camera feed or review the videos after they are taken. You would thing a very good hospital would catch this kind of behavior before it went too far and a family had to complain.

I am very sorry for the behavior of this nurse, it gives all of us nurses a bad name, something we have to overcome and regain the trust of our patients. I am glad the nurse was fired.

More hugs for Joyce and you Dear Cat!

If they have cameras in every room, why did it take a complaint from someone to do anything about this unprofessional nurse? Surely someone be watching the camera feed or review the videos after they are taken. You would thing a very good hospital would catch this kind of behavior before it went too far and a family had to complain.
I've been thinking about this and it would be unrealistic. They would need someone for every room, 24 hrs a day, just watching a monitor. Nurses are too busy to spend all their time watching one or three monitors continuously enough that they wouldn't miss something. Sure, there might be room monitors at the nurses' station, but there might be heart and other important monitors that have to be checked as well. It's far too easy to miss something. If and when computer AI (artificial intelligence) gets smart enough, then a computer could keep track.

taxy, the "monitor" I referred to was not a medical monitor that a patient is hooked up to. Cat had mentioned that there are cameras in every room. I figured if a location (such as this hospital) goes through the expense of hooking up each room with a camera, there must be a room somewhere with an array of "TV" type monitors for someone to scan, watching for suspicious or malicious behavior on the part of staff, visitors, or patients. Otherwise, it seems like cameras are an unneeded expense on the hope that someone complains just to have archived video to refer to in case someone complains.

taxy, the "monitor" I referred to was not a medical monitor that a patient is hooked up to. Cat had mentioned that there are cameras in every room. I figured if a location (such as this hospital) goes through the expense of hooking up each room with a camera, there must be a room somewhere with an array of "TV" type monitors for someone to scan, watching for suspicious or malicious behavior on the part of staff, visitors, or patients. Otherwise, it seems like cameras are an unneeded expense on the hope that someone complains just to have archived video to refer to in case someone complains.
Yeah, I realize you meant the monitors attached to the cameras. I meant that if those are in the nurse's station, they would have a bunch of those to keep an eye on and the medical monitors.

Even if there is a room somewhere with someone watching, how many monitors can one person watch at the same time and not miss stuff? There would have to be a minimum of one camera monitor per room. That makes for a lot of monitors in a hospital.

There are systems that function without monitor screens. They just have to wind the tape back. We have such a system covering all the entrances in this building. :angel:

I am very sorry for the behavior of this nurse, it gives all of us nurses a bad name, something we have to overcome and regain the trust of our patients. I am glad the nurse was fired.

More hugs for Joyce and you Dear Cat!

Hi! I'm back now! The day nurses were wonderful to me. It's only the one, Ogress. Just one. The problem is, you never hear about the other 99.9999% of great nurses who go above and beyond their duties. I had those great nurses. My faith in nurses hasn't failed at all. Neither has my respect and gratitude failed at all. You don't have anything to regain, ever.

I have come to know you a little bit, and I know for a dang fact you're a blessing to your patients. You can't help what others do on other shifts, right?

Please don't worry about that. And hugs back atcha!

I've been thinking about this and it would be unrealistic. They would need someone for every room, 24 hrs a day, just watching a monitor. Nurses are too busy to spend all their time watching one or three monitors continuously enough that they wouldn't miss something. Sure, there might be room monitors at the nurses' station, but there might be heart and other important monitors that have to be checked as well. It's far too easy to miss something. If and when computer AI (artificial intelligence) gets smart enough, then a computer could keep track.

That's right. But when my laptop and things were taken, there was a man who pulled it up and showed it to the administrator, Gerry. He had to go back and find it, and he did. The tapes or whatever are are good for 90 days but the rest of them are archived for 7 years. He had no problem finding it.

The hospital security system does watch entrances and stuff like that. But when there are over 800 rooms, the security folks can't keep track of all that. When there's an issue in a room like in the newborn OB/GYN and the daddy baby gets in a fight with new boyfriend, that's one thing. I only complained the next day.

Yeah, I realize you meant the monitors attached to the cameras. I meant that if those are in the nurse's station, they would have a bunch of those to keep an eye on and the medical monitors.

Even if there is a room somewhere with someone watching, how many monitors can one person watch at the same time and not miss stuff? There would have to be a minimum of one camera monitor per room. That makes for a lot of monitors in a hospital.

I was hooked up to monitors at first. Those are different from cameras. If something goes wrong, the monitors will set off an alarm and everyone comes running.

Anyway I've explained enough. I am done here, tired, and I want to talk food. Glad to be back! And thank you all for thinking of me!

Many PURRZ to all of you!

Last edited:
...like a bad penny. :LOL:

Just kidding. Welcome back. Glad that you made such a speedy recovery. Now you need to relax and recover.

Thank you! Therapy will kill you. I'm sure my therapist wants me to die. I didn't do anything to him but he's trying to kill me.

He is so dang mean I'm building muscles. He's so horrible my appetite increased. He's so mean we all love him. He is so terrible we'll defend him if he shows up on a terrorist watchlist.

He says I'll be on my bike in a couple weeks and driving in a month!!

This man is absolutely horrible. His 10th wedding anniversary is on April 5.

We hate him so much we'll plant poison ivy next to his front door.

LOL! I'm joking! I couldn't resist!

Sorry for the scare, but we got him a really great anniversary gift.

I'll make it..I hope, but so far so good. I think he's gonna have a great anniversary.

I'll wait til the day after to turn him in to the authorities. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom